So, I did a thing. I enrolled in a Burlesque dance class. Basically, it?s 5 weeks of class and ends with a stage performance. The group is the instructor, myself and two other students (all 3 are cis women). At the first class we did introductions and I told them about my Julie side (yeah, I?m attending the classes in boy mode, but the performance will be all Julie). The part that you need to know is that I don?t know how to dance at all and I?m quickly discovering that my 50 year old body is not at all flexible. Also, I?m learning that don?t actually know anything about music in the sense of counting to the beat - 1, 2, 3 and 4. Bottom line, this is turning out to be one of the most challenging endeavors I have ever attempted. But, that is totally the thing I have been looking for - the challenge of it is invigorating and given me a new passion for getting healthy and hopefully will look fabulous up on stage.

There is also the fun of coming up with an outfit for the performance - the class is called glam rock Burlesque and the song we are doing is Children of the Revolution by T-Rex. The outfits are supposed to be on the theme of the sexual/gender revolution of the early 70s, so we are trying to do LGBT colors. I will obviously do trans colors and the other two students will be going with the colors of the bi flag. Making these colors also match with the glitter of traditional glam rock is proving to be a challenge, but I think that challenge is just another part of the fun of the whole thing.

If anyone is interested and will happen to be in Chicago on Dec 27th, the link to the show is below. It is not particularly a trans show (not at all a drag show), so if you?re in the closet, attending will not out you and could actually be described as a fun date night with your SO.

https://tickets.vendini.com/ticket-s...a7cc7fe5873003