Never thought this was going to happen. Due to my financial situation, I never thought I would be able to have any hair removal/reduction done. I thought I was doomed to a lifetime of shaving multiple times a day. However, at my last appointment with my endocrinologist for scheduled lab work and my latest cancer follow-up, he told me that laser hair removal was a service available to me as a Transgender Disabled Veteran. The V.A. does not offer any type of gender confirming surgery, and I had assumed it would be the same for hair removal. What a pleasant surprise to learn that it is a service I can take advantage of. I had the consult with the Dermatologist who will be doing the treatments this morning, and the first treatment is scheduled for January 17. I wish I did not have to wait so long, but it is a small wait now compared to the years I have been wishing I could have it done. To say I am a bit pumped at the moment is an understatement. I do have some white in the beard area that will need other action taken on, but I will take whatever results I get. The Dr. said she thinks I will have a good response to the treatments and be pleased with the results