Thread: Websites to use

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Websites to use

Not sure if this is the place for this...if not, I'm sorry and hopefully get pointed in the right section.

I've been trying to find websites and groups on Facebook that I can join to help me through my journey. I'm in a couple of them but for the most part the ones that I am in, more so on Facebook, all the pictures that are posted are ones that make me believe that they want to have sex involved. Pictures of them in lingerie, in dresses and skirts that are hyped up to show their panties. Pictures of them in sexual positions at times. My SSO thinks there are some out there that aren't that way. She also thinks that crossdressing doesn't fall under the trans umbrella. A lot of the groups that I find say transgender cross-dressing. I'm just looking to admire the transitions from male to female or even female to male in a non-sexual way. Also to learn things that I can do better. And also to make some friends along the way.

Does anyone know of such groups on Facebook or website?

Thanks ladies..
    Nicole

You’re in luck! There is totally a site that is exactly what you’re looking for! Go to Crossdressers.com. Totally helpful and non-sexual community with lots of advice and support for your journey.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    You?re in luck! There is totally a site that is exactly what you?re looking for! Go to Crossdressers.com. Totally helpful and non-sexual community with lots of advice and support for your journey.
    Micki, this is the best advice, love it! I agree whole heartedly with Micki on this one. Advice and support in a non-sexual environment! Cd'ing can be fraught with misconceptions and stereo types. You have now found a place where you can see and read about many different journeys, while avoiding a lot of crap!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I would suggest you try instagram and follow #transitiontuesday to start and you will find other #?s and profiles to follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    As you are finding out there is a lot of skanky sites out there and FB really brings out the odd balls.
    This site you have found right here is by far the best on the internet hands down.
    Very little skank factor and if it does pop up the mods take care of it quickly.
    The rules here may seen strict but they are for a reason and if you follow them you will find this site very helpful.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    I could not agree more with Tracii. A few weekends ago when I went out dressed for the first time, I decided to Google "crossdresser forums" and this is really the first one that popped up..... I read a few posts as a guest, then decided to create a profile and join in. And I'll be honest, while I don't agree with some of the rules, I don't have a problem with following them but like Tracii said, they are for a reason. Also, seeing as how Tracii is a LONG time member of this forum, I believe she is one who has searched for other CDing forums and found that, by far and hands down, THIS one really is the best and I agree 100%. Everyone here is so nice and supportive. :-) I mean, NicoleRenee, you can feel free to search around for other CDing forums, etc. but I'd bet ya a million bucks that you won't find one NEAR as good as this one! LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Banned Read only
    Frankly I haven't found a single group on Facebook that is nearly as helpful as this website.

Unless you are looking for local people to meet up with.

Banned Spammer
    FB is the place for hook ups and the kinky stuff plus all the ridiculous drama to go along with it.
    Personally stay far away from the kinky part of it as you can because very little good can come from it IMO.
    If you are trying to stay semi closeted or keep your dressing between you and your SO FB is not the place.
    You can however start a female FB page and keep it all female and no mention that you are male and be quite safe if you keep your posts to female interests and feelings/opinions only or as much as you can.
    Many friends from here are on my female FB page and we enjoy conversing about all kinds of things that you can't here.

I started lurking here in 2014 and joined in 2015. Believe me, this is the place. Congratulations you’ve found us. Now relax and have a glass of wine to celebrate...
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U will find few fetish dressers here. I mean those that arrive here looking to "hook up" or for sexy chats and pix will vanish very soon!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    A word of advice. If you're going to tell your wife or girlfriend to do some research on cross dressing, please direct them to this site. Don't let them just "Google" cross dressing. There are so many sexually explicit sites on the internet that will hurt your cause of trying to explain yourself.

I started on this site in 2007 and it has taught me so much about the whole Transgender Spectrum, and just recently found another one that is also very good and very well monitored, Susan's Place at susans.org. It is well worth the try to see if you like it.

Banned Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    A word of advice. If you're going to tell your wife or girlfriend to do some research on cross dressing, please direct them to this site. Don't let them just "Google" cross dressing. There are so many sexually explicit sites on the internet that will hurt your cause of trying to explain yourself.
    This exactly please use this site in cases like this.
    You will thank us later I assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleRenee View Post
    Not sure if this is the place for this...if not, I'm sorry and hopefully get pointed in the right section.

I've been trying to find websites and groups on Facebook that I can join to help me through my journey....
    What journey is that? Do you have a destination in mind, or are you just discovering that there may be a path you want to follow?

Your SO is correct, or not, depending on what you mean by "the trans umbrella". The term "transgender" is often used as an "umbrella" term that encompasses transsexuals, those suffering from true gender dysphoria, and the rest of the "gender non-conforming", crossdressers, et al.

At any rate, you have probably found where you want to be. You will find members here who have been on their "journey" for years. Some have even found their destination.

And yes. Facebook can be a creepy place. I have lots of wonderful friends there, but I've also been hit on by strangers who were clearly looking for a hookup. Unless that's your thing, take all the advice above, along with mine, and stay away for now.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Nicole,

Part of the problem with FB is once you start looking at a particular group the algorithms FB uses will try to give you more of the same.

Hence as Tracii describes them, skanky sites will breed skanky sites. Steer well away.

As others have said, this site provides a safe and secure place in which you can develop and grow.

Beyond that the best thing you could do is find a support group near you. Not everyone here is a fan of groups but find a good 'un and it will be a real boon. Alternatively and of course following the guidance rules in the sticky, look to meet others from the forum.

Aspiring Member
    Helen,
    You are so right about FB. I love crosdressers.com because it is so nonjudgemental

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra Sue View Post
    Helen,
    You are so right about FB. I love crosdressers.com because it is so nonjudgemental
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

One more: If you are looking for tasteful pictures of Tgirls, check out femulate.org. Stana runs an informative blog and posts some great fashion photos as well as photos of herself and, on occasion, other Tgirls. Nancy

Nicole, I am not sure what you mean when you say you are looking to admire pictures of transitions, but I believe one of THE most serious resources available on the web for trans people (including crossdressers) is Susan?s Place (Susans.org). There is a forum for CDs, TG, as well as for significant others. However, it is not a photo-swap or meet-up site. You will find me posting there regularly. Nancy

Nicole,

One other suggestion if you're looking to see images of those who are either Trans of CD'ers is YouTube. It to suffers from a mix of intentions. There are those who will tend towards exhibitionism, showing stocking tops or knickers. There are however many who are serious about going out and about and present very well. Try searching for either "Tgirls public" or "crossdresser public". It's also a good place to look for vids of those who have excellent makeup skills and go from he to she to produce amazing results.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hi Nicole,

Don't look any further you're in the right place. All the wonderful ladies here are incredibly knowledgeable, supportive and encouraging.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I was a bit hesitant when I first joined this site; after seeing the type of people and comments on others. I have to say this is by far the best website. The people here are knowledgeable and realistic about the opportunities and potential pitfalls. Posts are well written with sound advice. Overall an excellent site.

You have found the best stay away from the rest.
    Crissy

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    I have to agree with everyone here. This is the only sight I utilize. Good advice, good posts. I have met a few from this sight, and it helps that you have this site in common to talk about.
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

I'll join the chorus, this is by far the best site for us CD'ers. I may not post all that much, but I don't hesitate to chime in when the subject interests me. I've yet to feel judged or uncomfortable in any way since I joined up.
    -Cheryllynn