Thread: "High Heel Sneakers" by Elvis

"High Heel Sneakers" by Elvis

I was driving into work the other day, when I heard "High Heeled Sneakers" played on a college radio station. When I got to work, I looked it up to confirm what I thought I heard. I like Elvis, but its the first song of his that I've heard that could be attributed to crossdressing.
    Personally, I prefer stilettos to sneakers, but hey, song-writers liberty? And "wig-hat" sounds goofy too, but its amended to wig.
    I didn't post a link because its too easy to search for the song to either listen to or see a lyric sheet.
    It is an interesting song, and since some around here like music, I'm wondering if they'd see it the same way. Red isn't a good color for me, but it has me thinking about getting a red dress.
    Thanks, Nadia

I’d say that’s a stretch to say that it’s about crossdressing... it’s a man addressing a woman, telling her to get dressed up so they can go out on the town... I’m very confused as to where you got crossdressing from this.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I'm with Micki on this, nothing about that song is related to crossdressing. Unless Elvis is singing it to another guy and I highly doubt that.

"My basketball coach,
    He done kicked me off the team.
    For wearin' high heeled sneakers,
    And actin' like queen.*

Free smilies to the first one to get the reference.
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 12-08-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Often Lurking
    "My daddy done disowned me cause I wear my sisters clothes ..
    .. he caught me in the bathroom with a pair of pantyhose."

Cheech & Chong!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I HAVE a pair of "hi heeled sneakers"! And, what they really r is; Platform sneakers!

There R NO actual hi heeled sneakers! Micki wins again!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Pretty sure that when Tommy Tucker originally released the song in 1964 that CD'ing not his intent either.

As for high heeled sneakers my wife and I have called high heels that for years. Not even sure where it came from. Maybe my mom as she liked Elvis, perhaps she heard the song back in the day.

Jose Feliciano originated that song. I don't know if Elvis covered it or not.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I always thought that high-heeled sneakers were athletic shoes that came up over your ankles. With flat heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth G View Post
    Cheech & Chong!
    Right you are, Elizabeth! Jessika spotted it too. "Earache My Eye", was the cut.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    There R NO actual hi heeled sneakers!
    Well, yes, yes there are.
    sneaker 2.jpg
    sneaker 3.jpg
    sneaker 1.jpg
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Well, I don't know that there is a song about them, but there is appropriate crossdress attire for divers and snorklers, as well.High Heel Fins.jpg

Was it common for women to wear wigs when they went out in the 1960's?
    I know Elvis wasn't the song writer, but the 60's are known for experimentation. Why did the Beatle's cut short 'Polythene Pam?'