Thread: Trans-Africa

Trans-Africa

I visited Kenya for six days this last week, visiting an undeveloped, traditional area. I'd been warned that there might be the occasional hostile reaction, but there was nothing of the sort. For one thing, there are many tall women there, so I did not look out of place in terms of height. Among a gathering of about 50 international and local people, I have to say that I was accepted as a woman, as one of the women.

The trans subject only even came up twice; once because I mentioned "my wife", and a chinese lady then asked if I was therefore gay - she had not even clocked my transness. and the other time, a local woman was applauding and supporting me expressing myself as myself.

Literally the only time something slightly untoward happened was the last night at an american hotel by the airport, when I was "sir'd" once, despite me being in my full regalia.

"the times, they be a-changing"

xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

It is just wonderful when people have a live and let live attitude! Glad that all worked out OK! At our Christmas party it was not brought up except when the one lady wanted to know about my "boobs"! That was it! Such a good time here in the bathroom state! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

That is wonderful Pamela! I am so glad that you had such a wonderful experience!

Hi, Pamela! Long, long ago when I was actually young, I spent two years in Kenya, teaching English in a boarding school for girls in a rural area close to Lake Victoria (and actually about ten miles as the crow flies from the area where Barack Obama's dad's family is based). So I did get to know the country a bit. And no, I wasn't out at the time. But I wanted to tell you that one of the worst/nicest TG stories I've ever heard came from Kenya.

Now if you got to see any of the cities, you'll know that small shops hire watchmen to protect the property at night. These men stand outside the shops, often getting a fire going to keep themselves warm if it's a cool night--and they also carry very solid clubs that you wouldn't want to come into contact with. The incident in question occurred in Nairobi. A T-girl was out after dark and a gang of lads spotted her. They were moving in on her, and there's just no knowing how much damage they were going to do to her--as much as they wanted to, obviously.

But one of the watchmen on the spot saw what was going on, and he moved in to protect her. He forced the gang to withdraw, and then he took our sister over to a corner where she could recover a bit from the shock. He even called her, "My daughter!"

Kenya doesn't currently have a reputation as the worst in the world for LGBT rights, but these these days things are going in the wrong direction. There are lots of people who want to crack down on LGBT rights. But as this story indicates, there are beautiful individuals wherever you go.
    Last edited by Foxglove; 12-12-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Platinum Member
    So glad you had a fulfilling experience in Kenya, Pamela. A frightening, and yet lovely story, annabelle.

I like the idea of traveling in countries where tall women are more commonplace, but I can?t bear the heat....so Norway, here I come!!!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Norway or Sweden; both full of tall ladies and gentle men.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Platinum Member
    Yep... the girls of Scandinavia are tall! I have several nieces over 6 feet. And they all complain about having man hands too

Now, back to the OP....since we are talking about Africa

Last edited by kimdl93; 12-12-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt