Thread: Little things - the power of one word

Little things - the power of one word

Sometimes a small gesture can mean a lot to me.

My wife is somewhat tolerant of my crossdressing. She works with me but isn't thrilled about it. I dress a couple of days each week around her in miad mode with jewelry and some accessories but she still hasn't seen me fully dressed. She will make arrangements to be out so I can dress completely but she doesn't want to be around when I do.

Yesterday we were in home depot looking for lightbulbs for a new vanity light fixture I had just put in. As we were looking at our choices she commented on the need for cooler lighting instead of warm white "so we can see better when we do our makeup".

It was that one word, "we" that made me smile to myself. It was spoken in a very matter of fact and non-judgmental manner. I won't read too much into it and it may seem inconsequential to some but it made me happy.

No truer words were ever spoken. When your wife or SO uses the word ?we?, new portals are opened. Proceed slowly and exchange thoughts and appreciation and new worlds may open. You might use the word ?we? too. Best wishes.

This is a great example of going from DADT to tolerance and acceptance. Baby steps. A win is a win. It?s been said thousands of times on here, ?don?t go full throttle!? People hate change( in general) when it?s jammed down their throats. Nice going Elizabeth. I would have been celebrating in the next empty aisle ( if I didn?t previously have acceptance).
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    It's amazing how something as simple as an inclusive pronoun can make all the difference! It's like a candle lit in the darkness.
    Like Nancy Sue said, don't get too excited around your wife, it might spook her!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Please take it for what it is a nice gesture and leave it at that.
    Don't take it as a green light to go all in.
    I have seen members do that and end up causing a bunch of trouble.

I agree with Traci. My wife is tolerant and has seen me dressed many times. She, however, does not want to go out with me. I accept that and am thankful for her understanding.

Silver Member
    Elizabeth, when she twice said "we" yesterday, I would have thanked her in some way right then. It's a small progress in her acceptance.

It's great that your wife is so accepting to the level that she is. My wife is very accepting too... to the point of not going out dressed. So, I'm free to express as I would like so long as the daughter and granddaughters are not at home. She has seen me dressed enough now that it isn't very awkward for either one of us. In fact, it is generally accepted as the clothes I wear around the house. So for me, when I hear that little phrase, you could probably wear this out, I do my woohoo happy dance on the inside because it's one more step gained in her acceptance and comfort with that expression.

One thing to keep in mind when we get those little words of acceptance, acceptance doesn't always equate to participation.

Gold Member
    My wife never had Pantie-hose when she needed some; So the Question always was.
    "Do WE have an extra par of Pantie-hose"?????
    Yes WE do.
    Rader

Elizabeth, It's nice when the truth comes out.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That sounds great I love those little things that mean so much. For me it happened a few weeks back when we both had our eye on a snake skin looking dress, she bought one and huge it on the door and told me instead of buying 2 of them we can share the dress. That was so amazing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It may be nothing, Liz. But, it IS an excuse for a discussion. And, who knows what THAT could lead to!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!