Thread: She just knew.

She just knew.

Yesterday we were walking in a mall and my wife seen a store with wigs and cosmetics and she insisted I get a new wig because mine are old and not looking good. I didn't want to buy it now with Christmas around the corner but she insisted. We found the one I liked and the sales lady came over to take it down for us, we liked it and the sales lady brought it to the register and I followed her and my wife was behind us looking at over things. She was a young Oriental girl and barely spoke English, she was packing the wig and she looked up at me and she showed me a wig net and told me she will throw one in for me because I have long hair and the wig will fit better with the net. I could have played " the wig is not for me" but instead I choose to play it out and I thanked her. She then asked if I needed anything else and she steered me to the fake eyelashes and asked me if I was interested, or if I needed tights and told me that she figured I was a size "D". I told her "D" is a little to long and that a "C" fit much better, she pulled out a pair of "C" and told me she will give me a good deal because Im buying the wig and my wife was buying a few things. It felt so good to talk free like that and I guess she must get a lot of sisters there. When my wife was paying she asked her how she knew that the wig was for me, she said "she just knew". Well the way she was pushing I'm sure she was on commission but I didn't care it just felt so good to talk free like that.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 12-09-2019 at 09:14 PM.

That is awesome! May I ask where that was at?

That’s cool. Sure she was pushing for commission, but she gave you a great experience. You’ll be a regular there.
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...

Everyone needs to make a living. If she can do it by making people happy, I say more power to her. I'm glad you had such a positive experience.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Read only
    I love it how we all think we are the first crossdresser to ever buy anything in a store, I remember feeling the same way. But anyone that has been in a business like that can tell the difference between an uninterested spouse and one of us. I had the same basic experience in Hawaii last year, in this little Muumuu shop. I was in DRAB with my wife looking at the dresses and this old Asian man said "You like Muumuu?" I said yes and he pointed me to a rack that was my size.

As you can see if you are honest you will usually get better service and be happier with the purchase.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 12-10-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I love it how we all think we are the first crossdresser to ever buy anything in a store, I remember feeling the same way. But anyone that has been in a business like that can tell the difference between an uninterested spouse and one of us. I had the same basic experience in Hawaii last year. In this little Muumuu shop. I was in DRAB with my wife looking at the dresses and this old Asian man said "You like Muumuu?" I said yes and he pointed me to a rack that was my size.

As you can see if you are honest you will usually get better service and be happier with the purchase.
    Hah, yes! She saw you salivating, eyes darting around, practically licking your lips. How could she have known? How could this "oriental" be so perceptive? Must be "ancient Chinese secret." Yes. That must be it.

I'm sure it was obvious.

A normal guy would have shown no interest. He would be on his phone or taking about anything except for girl stuff.

Yes I find people are very accepting if you give them a chance.

She sounds pretty normal for an SA. I'm sure she has seen her share of CDs.

CDs are good customers. Men make more than women, which means we have more to spend.
    GGs often have to "need" something to make an extravagant purchase. CDs will spend a lot just because they want it!

Hawaiian culture has always accepted a 3rd gender.

Platinum Member
    Hi Maria , That is a great story,

The Oriental lady that I deal with tells me that she have many men buy wigs. >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    I wish my wife was as accepting as Maria's wife. As to the sales woman, any person working with the public tends to learn how to gauge people. I'm sure she observed the interaction between Maria and her wife and realized who the wig was actually for and Maria's wife was on board with the purchase. I totally agree with Jean (#7), although I have encountered some less accepting saleswomen.

Please please please don’t ever refer to a person of Asian decent as “oriental”. This is horribly racist and you might as well be using the N word.

Aspiring Member
    Well your money is as good as anyones

Platinum Member
    Probably pretty obvious that your wife didn?t need a wig and had her hair nicely done. By process of elimination, that would leave you
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gold Member
    There is a wig shop in Chicago that caters to CD'ers etc. Rachel's Wigs.
    I made an appointment, it was just me and the SA in the store.
    We spent about 2 hours's trying on Wigs, to see what would look good on me.
    She was very helpful, and I bought 3 wigs; Buy 2 and got 1 free.
    I do recommend them.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    Hah, yes! She saw you salivating, eyes darting around, practically licking your lips. How could she have known? How could this "oriental" be so perceptive? Must be "ancient Chinese secret." Yes. That must be it.
    MonicaPVD<————winner of the best reply on the internet today! ��

Silver Member
    Retail SAs are not fooled by the old, and very tired, "Its not for me" excuse and they don't respect you if you try to use it. If you own your dressing, as you did, it becomes Not A Big Deal to them and they don't think you're creepy. That's another reason she offered you the bonuses.

I just thank all of us who have gone out in poublic and been "normal" so that now these experiences are more commonplace. Not to play the old lady card, but it has not always been this welcoming. So, Thank you to everyone who has gone out before me and paved the way!

Silver Member
    The first wig I bought in a wig shop, the SA asked if I was an actor. I said no, but I do like to dress up as a woman. Her jaw dropped! I must have been her first. It was funny, and she was very helpful.

Maria, That's a great story. Enjoy the wig.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".