Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did I put my foot in it ??

Banned Read only
    Roberta,
    As Allie points out we are obvioulsy different personalities and I'm afraid you totally misread and misjudge me . I love being with people and because I care they do actually care , sorry if your life isn't like that but that's not my problem .

The general feeling is I should have left it at telling her I loved her dress but as Helen points out there are two sides to this situation .

On one occasion I was trying on a pair of brown heeled boots , before I had chance to slip on the second a man tapped me on the shoulder to ask if I would slip the other boot on because his wife wanted to see what they looked like . When I finally stood up two ladies saw me and I overheard them say that the heel height wasn't so bad and they then went off to find some in their sizes .

Again while trying on a lightweight jacket in a store a lady commented on how nice it looked and decided that she would buy one to take with her on a cruise .

All I can say is it felt great that my choices were something other people would also be happy to wear , in no way was I offended .

One final and quite amusing story today was at my at group , as it was the last meeting before Xmas we take in light bites , I usually make mince pies . I asked around last week if anyone was going to wear something with a Xmas theme , I told them I was going to wear my Xmas jumper . I've become friendly with a lovely 35 year old blond lady and she loved my jumper she wanted one and wished to know where I'd bought it , some of the others apologised for not entering more into the spirit of it after seeing my jumper .

Some may accuse me of it all being about me but I'll never lose sight of the fact I'm TG and hope my actions are improving the situation for others in our community , it's all about acceptance and that's important to all of us .

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    My first thought was "OMG, I'm dressing like a 20 year old, and I'm in my fifties". I told the story to an older SA and she replied, "The kind of style we have in this store is classy across many age groups. She dresses mature for a twenty year old."
    This is like my daughter. She is thirty years younger than I am but we love the same style of clothes. She works in an antique shop and collects old furniture, gramophones and even a 50s vintage wool coat that she is wearing this winter. A chip off the old block!

Teresa, as much as we love to engage in chitchat with women, we know that everyone simply has their limits. People have their own hang ups, personality types and daily problems. Enjoy what you receive!

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    Hello Teresa,

There's a plethora of rude members on this site. Just hit the ignore button on them and don't worry about replying to them. If it persists or gets worse, report them to a moderator.

No I don't think the young lady noticed or cared about your commenting on her dress. I do feel the following comment was unnecessary but very organic.

In the future I would not go beyond the comment of how pretty something a woman is wearing. It's a crap shoot whether or not that person is accepting and tolerant of a CD.
    Live, laugh, love!

Putting a foot in it is when you do it and get it all back at you, it's called "foot and mouth disease"! yes complement but don't go overboard.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Ah-May-Lee
    One can't tell if the other person was offended unless they ask that person.

But there is nothing wrong talking to strangers. The world would be a better place if people can talk to each other without the fear of offending someone. You did nothing wrong Teresa, it's friendly thing talking to others.

Sadly, for me I don't talk to many people, especially to strangers. That is just a problem I have, been that way most of my life.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Oh! I thot u were posting about a mess your pet left!

No idea what she thot!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!