Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passing while driving

Aspiring Member

Passing while driving

So these days I've been able to go out often. Of course being in Texas I drive a car. One of the things I've started to notice is male drivers v. female driver mannerisms/positions.

En femme, I drive more upright with the seat closer to the steering wheel, rather than my en drab mode relaxed reclined position.

En femme, I try to keep both hands on the wheel vs, my left hand on the wheel and my right elbow on the arm rest.

En femme, I drive a little slower, en drab I'm zipping through traffic.

Does anyone else drive vastly different en femme vs en drab.

For the car I drive now, I have not personalized it with anything noticeable. I'm not out, so I don't want to be noticed by friends while on the road.

Just curious if anyone else changes their driving habit en-femme.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not really I am a very careful driver in either mode.
    I'm pretty much in girl mode all the time these days.

Banned Read only
    OMG, give me a break, now we think we are driving like a girl?

I can understand being a little more careful because you don't want to get in a accident or be pulled over while dressed. But I can't see it being any more than that.

Platinum Member
    Nope...I drive in the ?defensive driving? mode...no matter how I may be dressed. I don?t drive aggressively (its not a race), I maintain a generous interval between myself and the vehicle ahead of me and I keep my eyes looking well down the road for the next thing that might happen.

I honestly don?t care whether I?m wearing a skirt or jeans in the ER. I?d prefer to avoid the trip altogether.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    well, i thought there was a difference in how females sit and position themselves while driving vs males. As well as driving attitude. Like how females walk vs males or how females sit vs males. I was wondering if anyone else took this into consideration while out and about. I did not expect the "OMG!" response. Which kinda hurts. If you disagree, simply state so politely. You never know how fragile the other person's feelings are in an online forum.

The only difference is the occasional like extra attention I get from male drivers. I'll be like what is up with that car or truck? It will be some guy trying to get a better look or my attention.

At the beginning I definitely drove slower and changed the music to something softer. I started then and still do keep both hand on the steering wheel and do watch how high my dress or skirt is. Depending on my mood and the temperature it can vary from at the knee up top above mid-thigh. It is fun to feel naughty every once in a while, especially for a 72 year old. Since the start, I have lost the softer music and try but fail most of the time to drive less aggressively. Oh, I never gave a poop about what other people thought about how I was dressed, especially when pulled over by the police, which unfortunately happened twice during the same summer, once in San Francisco for the full Monty 45 minute sobriety test and then for the quickie version of the same test back in Detroit, both times heading home after a fun night out. I came up clean both times and I didn't break anything!

So, I get what the OP means and felt it myself and loved the feeling.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, June, I do drive different. With at least 2 waist cincher/girdles on I ride higher in the saddle. So I have to adjust the mirror. Sometimes I adjust the seat for my really hi heels.

But, as far as anyone noticing "fem driving habits"? Wouldn't they have to be riding with u to notice? And, nearly anyone wearing a wig may be mistaken for a female when flying by. But, passing to someone sitting next to u as opposed to a split second zooming by is like apples and earthquakes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    June its not something to get so offended over,sorry if you didn't like the answer you received..
    You did ask the question after all so be ready for all kinds of answers thats just the way it goes around here.
    Just because its something you do doesn't mean everybody that CDs does it.
    Personally I think you are reading way too much in to the whole thing.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-11-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Weirdly, I find women more likely to tailgate and drive aggressively. Apart from that, I think we can file this one in the A for effort drawer.

June,

We all like to think of ourselves as good drivers. It's everyone else who drives like an imbecile.

Those who drive carefully all the time could of course, be influenced by their femme side without really realising it. However it could have more to do with age and experience.

I have noticed that in addition to the boy racers who drive aggressively all the time there's a growing band of young girl racers joining them. Just as impatient, just as dangerous.

In the UK traffic is so heavy so much of the time trying to go quickly is just a waste of emotional energy. Those with any common sense go with the flow.

These days my driving is probably more influenced by trying to keep my carbon footprint to a minimum. There's a certain satisfaction in getting the car to go along doing 70 or more mpg.

Anyway, as for the sitting position adopted by GG's, that's more to do with them generally being shorter and needing to be closer to the pedals. That moves the body closer to the steering wheel and so alters the position of the arms and hands.

If you do dtive more carefully while enfemme then you've proved you're capable of it all the time which is a good thing.

I try to make eye contact when I want people to make left hand turns and merges into my lane. Especially on my daily commute. Which is quite often since it has little effect on my driving time.

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    June, your post really caught my attention. Every time I've gone driving en femme, I have wondered if my driving behavior was different.

My wife drives VERY cautiously compared to my "manly" driving (more risky).

So I've wondered if how I drive would clock me.

I know my driving is more cautious while en femme, partly to stay under the radar.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    June its not something to get so offended over,sorry if you didn't like the answer you received..
    You did ask the question after all so be ready for all kinds of answers thats just the way it goes around here.
    Just because its something you do doesn't mean everybody that CDs does it.
    Personally I think you are reading way too much in to the whole thing.
    So I assume that would be a simple "NO" from your point of view to my original question. BTW, your first response didn't offend me.

Can't really say as I have only driven en-femme once. I live in the city, so uber is my goto mode of transportation.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Interesting thread. I hadn?t given it much thought but on reflection, I do drive more carefully, two hands on steering wheel...ten and two, sit closer to the steering wheel, no eye contact with other drivers and while at a stop light will occasionally look in the vanity mirror and Primp, sometimes put on some fresh lipstick. So, I guess so.

My reply would be basically the same as Nancy Sue's. I try to drive more carefully (all the better to avoid any problems down the road -- so to speak), keep two hands on the wheel, and check the rear view mirror for my hair and make-up. I haven't graduated to putting on lipstick, etc., at stop lights. And I think I sit more erect and proper.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Banned Read only
    Sorry Honey, but your topic is kind of silly you really think GM's and GG's sit differently in a car?

I avoid being erect when I’m driving. It’s out of character when I’m en femme and a distraction otherwise.

As far as passing, I usually pass on the left, but never on a curve. Good luck.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post

I have noticed that in addition to the boy racers who drive aggressively all the time there's a growing band of young girl racers joining them. Just as impatient, just as dangerous.
    THAT is an observation I have to agree with.

I tend to text more while driving en femme and I can't parallel park worth a damn while wearing this blonde wig!

Reesie.jpg
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I sit and drive the same in either mode. Like a guy or like a girl is stereotyping a behavior imho.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Sorry Honey, but your topic is kind of silly you really think GM's and GG's sit differently in a car?
    Roberta,
    Yes, I do think GG's sit differently and hold the steering wheel differently from GM's.

Frankly, I find your comments quite loathsome across the board. Everyone has a different perspective. We do not all think alike (thank goodness for that) Expressing our differences of opinion can be done without the attitude of belittling people or their ideas, which I perceive that you are doing here.

Banned Read only
    JuneTV,
    I do take more care when driving as Teresa , I would be more impatient and take more risks in male mode , I don't really want to risk a difficult situation so I'm more considerate and careful .

I also think I do sit differently because I drive in heels so it does change the position slightly , sitting more upright because of the change in the leg angle .

I don't get the replies from some to a perfectly sensible question .
    Last edited by Teresa; 12-11-2019 at 11:00 AM.

June, I drive 75 to and from work every day. Most of the distracted/aggressive drivers I see are female.