Thread: Feeling peaceful

Feeling peaceful

Whenever I go out there is always a bit of trepidation; even though I have been doing it for years. Today I went out to do some shopping. A peaceful feeling came over me as I left the house. No consternation, anxiety, etc. I was in my element. I walked through a busy mall, shopped, and had lunch. Today in every way I was Angela.

Well then, keep in your element. The initial feeling of trepidation is a part of the relaxation I think.
    Cheers
    Robbie

Platinum Member
    So often we have to be reminded that the world will not come crashing down upon us if we go out. A feeling of peace reflects your confidence and the reality that you can blend right in.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I know that feeling and get it quite often these days! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Gold Member
    I do not dress outside of the house. However, I was dressed at home, a simple skirt and top.
    I had a few errands to run, and I got into my car, still dressed, and went to the Drive-up window at the bank.
    Then to another bank, drive up. Then to a chicken place for some food, then home.
    This is the first time I have ventured out like this. It can be addicting. I must try it again soon.
    Rader

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Angela, for you and all of us...

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace of the infinite peace to you.

(gaelic blessing, 1978)

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    Feeling peaceful, I understand going out in public. I was working cleaning the garage this morning since it was cold and raining in my grimy work cloths. Peaceful is wearing a bra and form, It does not have to be large forms for me to be peaceful. Always panties, but they are just underwear. I had to go to town the get fixings to make soup, I did not want to change so I went to the grocery store in my dirty work cloths / cap and a bra/forms and panties in my old work cloths. The bra is my thing that will always make me peaceful. Going in public is just a normal thing. Started with 1st pair of panties at roughly 4 years old / 60 years ago more or less.

Angela,

I know what you mean and like you I posted a thread. I'd been to the cinema and was just on my way out of the building and I suddenly realised it was if I'd left all the male me behind. Call it being in the zone or whatever, I certainly felt totally relaxed.

It can be difficult to gain the same state at all times as it's only prudent when out to be aware of your surroundings but these days I'm normally close to getting there.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I don't get butterflies anymore, it's just normal now.

Angela, I usually feel excited, I haven't reached peaceful yet. Good for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That feeling is quite normal neurologically. In the past there was a lot of fear and trepidation in going out. That is ingrained into your brain and has not yet been replaced. Your natural first reaction is to go to the old fear. The amygdala and one portion of your pre-frontal cortex create an immediate reaction based on the past. Then another portion of your pre-frontal cortex kicks in with newer information and tells the amygdala and the other part of the pre-frontal cortex to, "Cool it. This is OK." The old signals and fears then turn off and you proceed with more comfort. It will take awhile for those old feelings to be replaced with the new approach. I suggest you not pay attention to it because if you do it reinforces the old fears which will make them last longer before they are fully replaced with the new equation.

Ditto..Jamie. Something to work on...New Year?s Resolution? Yes.

That’s excellent. I’m really happy for you. This is my goal. I’m getting there.

Silver Member
    My butterflies have now learned to fly in formation, and when they do it's fun.

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    Oh Jenny, you did make me laugh with that comment!