Thread: About time-LOL

About time-LOL

Dressed as Lana Mae(wig, make up, and forms) for 11 hours today! Oh, it felt so good! I was mostly doing shopping! Bought the meat at the butcher shop and was putting it in freezer bags! When I got done I remembered my appointment and I was late,so I called them and they said come on in! I had not been to my pulmonologist dressed before! I had told them I was transgender and it is in my chart but they had not seen Lana Mae! I had to do a walking test and then see the PA! They were so nice and treated me well! I have been cleared about my "nodules" and would not need further CT scans, but I am a former smoker so we will be doing yearly scans! They don't want to see me for a year! Oh,yeah! Went home and did some more shopping! Christmas gifts for the grandchildren and general groceries! Then I went out to eat followed by more shopping! Got a great deal on some Amanda jeans for $19.98! Yes, Lana Mae deserves Christmas gifts too! LOL Just a quick update on a wonderful day!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Ah-May-Lee
    Good for you Lana. From reading your posts you seem to be living the life, have fun.

Note-I haven't been to a butcher store in over 25 years. I didn't know they still exist. I am racking my brain trying to figure where the butcher shop was where I lived in Baltimore. There's none near me now.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I am so happy to hear about all of the progress you are making Lana Mae! It really does sound like you're living a great life!

Amelie, yeah butcher shops and other dedicated grocery stores that specialize in certain items are still around although they are getting rarer and harder to find. There's one near my house in my town that my family frequently buys meat from, but I live in a smaller city so those kind of "mom and pop" shops might perhaps be a little more common.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm so very happy to read your account of a perfectly normal woman's day. And Well Done on your healthy lungs update, keep up the great work there.

I'm not quite ready to go to most of my doctors as Sarah just yet. My care is from three different groups; one has my gender listed as MTF Transgender, the other still has me listed as Male and the third and smallest is my endo and they call me Sarah and use She, Her, Hers regardless of how I look when I arrive to visit. I'm guess I need to get off my duff and have them fix the records that still list me as Male the next time I'm up there.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Amelie: Yes living the life is fun in and of itself! It is a local family butcher shop and they have at least one son who works there!
    Brianna: So far so good! I am loving it!
    Sarah: A normal woman's day is what I am looking to achieve! I quit smoking over 3 years ago and have no plans to go back! I take my meds religiously! I told my doctors one office at a time! Basically only go to 3 and all have been told I am trans! First thing out of their mouths is what pronouns do you prefer! I tell them, whatever gender I am presenting as!
    Thanks for you replies Ladies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    . . . I told my doctors one office at a time! Basically only go to 3 and all have been told I am trans! First thing out of their mouths is what pronouns do you prefer! I tell them, whatever gender I am presenting as! . . .
    I've been very pleased to see how willing the medical community has been to show that level of respect to me as I go through the various offices I've been visiting recently. The training has been moving much more rapidly than I might have expected, particularly when seeing the unfiltered side of politics and social media. The professionals in the Health Sector are amazing and need to be shown the kind of respect they are showing our community.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

What is amazing Sarah, is that is true even here in the "bathroom" state! I have nothing but positive experiences so far! Yes some of the staff are a little nervous but hopefully I help with that all I can! I mostly have been treated as a person and not a "transgender"! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!