Thread: Wow, Hamilton and boot season

Wow, Hamilton and boot season

Hi all,
    Dear wife and I went to Hamilton national touring company last night. I was in drab unfortunately, but what a wonderful scene. Thousands of beautiful GG's dressed to the nines in their best holiday looks. I couldn't help but notice how wonderful they looked in holiday dress and cute boots. I love boot season! I was checking out all their looks. I was taking note on how to dress for such an occasion. Well it looks like the key is to wear very cute heels and boots. I was in my glory, oh and the show was awesome! I was wishing that I could wear what I am wearing now, cute red velvet long dress with sleeves and my 9 West boots. Maybe next time. I am sure we all notice the girls out there. Anyone want to share similar experiences?

Banned Read only
    MsEva,
    A little people watching goes a long way , especially for everyday . Now the shoe tends to be on the other foot and I get complimented on so obvioulsy my watching time wasn't wasted .

I do know s similar feeling when attending my first play dressed up nicely over 10 years ago. Now I have season tickets to 5 touring Broadway musicals and 6 plays at the American Conservatory Theater (ACT) in San Francisco. I have seen Hamilton twice and enjoyed it greatly both times. If you want to get out dressed up, the theater is a great reason to do it.

Platinum Member
    Well, I have gone to the theatre in formal attire. The event was great fun and I loved being suitably dressed. The only regret I had was taking a short-cut across a cobblestone area in heels! Just about turned an ankle!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Kim,
    Can you sense me nodding in agreement ! No wonder women wore block heels when cobblestones were more common . I haven't decided which is the worse surface , soft grass , deep gravel , or cobblestones and the other thing to avoid in nice evening sandals are puddles !

I've done the cinema several times but still haven't done a more formal occasion .

I was very lucky my wife two years ago for my birthday. Not only did my wife buy Hamilton tickets she invited Connie to come. We had a great two days walking around Chicago shopping, eating and then Hamilton. I smiled for 2 weeks
    I should also say I love watching my wife who always looks nice get all dressed up for a special event. Sometimes we even people (style) watch together.
    Last edited by Connie D50; 12-16-2019 at 07:40 AM.

We were going out for Christmas get together dinner with freinds last night. My wife gave me the how does she look question, I couldn't help but to make the comment that she was wearing black pants and a black top. I said to her it's such a colourful time of year and she wearing black. I told her if Maria was able to she wouldn't be wearing black and us men have to wear these boring clothes. She gave me the "oh yeh" and to show her what I would wear and we went to her closet and pulled out what I thought Maria would wear. She looked it over and I walked away telling her to do whatever she wants and how lucky women are to have all this selection. Well I couldn't believe she actually took my advice and wore what I told her. She was very happy with all the complements she got and when we got home she thanked me and she guesses there is an advantage to having a CDing husband. Just like yourself I love seeing women dressed to the festive season.

Eva, I went to my local meetup last night and all the ladies were dressed to the nines, somewhat better than the female attorneys and wives at my bar association Christmas party a few days earlier.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Eva,
    When I was living in Washington DC I saw numerous show at the Kennedy Center dressed nicely. Do have to agree that it is also nice to go and people watch as well to see what they are wearing!

I took my Great-Granddaughter to Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts to see "The Nutcracker" yesterday. This has been a tradition since I took my Daughter and Granddaughter to see this ballet when they were preteens. The ladies were dressed beautifully. Most were in dressed formally. Despite the frigid weather there were quite a few with dressy sandals and open-toe heels.

This would be an excellent place to dress to the nines, but the expense would prohibit frequent visits.

Suzi Q

Although this is a bit off season, one of the joys of my life is when summer begins and all the beautiful ladies are out in their sundresses.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Oh it looks like I am not alone. It was so nice to see women in beautiful dress out and about enjoying the evening. I was a bit envious not being dressed but was so appreciative that they took the time to look presentable. I love boot season and there was such an assortment of nice boots, some with zippers all the way up to their thighs. I saw leather pants, furs and silky dresses. So jealous.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

What is sad is that I had the perfect outfit for the evening, with my Nine West boots, proper hair and forms. I would have loved to have been walking over the cobblestones leading up to the Chrysler Hall for the event.