Thread: CD Support groups

CD Support groups

Good Evening All,

I was wondering do CD support groups that meet in person still exist as they did in the past or have they somewhat disappeared like so many other face to face social type groups? I think I could benefit from a support group that meets in person, but I wonder if I would be hard pressed to find one these days.

Andy

I can say here in Las vegas there are a few transgender support groups which crossdressers are welcome to join. But don't know in other areas what is available.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Contact your local LGBT center and ask them.
    My group used to meet at the LGBT pride center.
    The group was a huge help helping me learn more about myself plus I made many new friends just like me.
    Google trans groups in your area and see what pops up.

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Our local LGBTQIA+ organization has a gender support group which I attend. I'm the only CD, my issues haven't been a focus of discussion (yet), but it's still good to be a part of a group of other gender variant people.

In New England we have TCNE. We have open house every Tuesday evening from 7:00pm to 10m and every Saturday from 7:00pm to 11;00pm. Come dressed or not, it's up to you. There are changing facilities available. We have our own clubhouse in a safe neighborhood.

781-891-9325 answered live during open house hours. https://tcne.org
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Silver Member
    Trans groups (especially ones made up of mostly crossdressers) have been in a steady decline over the last 15 years, after a boom following the popularity of the Internet. One in my region folded after 50 (!) years.

If you have a local gay center, they may have a group, though almost all (if not all) will be TS.

Banned Read only
    As others have said crossdressing support/social clubs are generally in decline and have been merged with transgender support groups in many areas. Living in a major city will have a better chance of finding one. I know Seattle, Portland, and Vancouver B.C. areas still have CD/TG social clubs. Locally we have a transgender support group that welcomes all forms of gender expression including crosssdressers.

They are almost a thing of the past. Tri-Ess still has a few active chapters. If you can share your general location, odds are that someone here can steer you in the right direction.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Andy,

I've attended two groups. One which had 20-30 attend weekly has over the past 3 years dwindled to 4 or 5 twice monthly. Venues in the area are so LBGT friendly the need for a private room get together just seemed unnecessary.

The second group is still going strong but perhaps as others have said it has a broader base there having members who have transitioned both ways as well as Gay and CD members. Added to that is perhaps less venues that are LBGT friendly where folks can meet.

If you can find one then my advice is give it a go.

Banned Read only
    Andy,
    I usually attend three and could visit at least 4-5 more . So some are possibly reducing in size and some still going strong , the eventual outcome maybe they die out as the age group is more on the mature side and the younger ones are just going out and doing it without special needs or groups .

They do serve a useful purpose , so it would be a shame to totally lose them , finding them shouldn't be too bad but then I'm talking from a UK perspective .

Andy, I don't belong to a support group per se, but a meetup dot com group called D.C. Area Transgender Ladies Socials and Events (DCATS). We meet every 8 to 12 weeks at a local hotel and have a social.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Locally I don't know of any CD groups, but there are a couple TG support groups.

The one I've attended meets every Tuesday at the center. It is a mixed group. There are some CDs that attend.

Even though it is a support group it is worth attending. It is a completely safe place where you can meet others.

I have also attended one in Vegas, where I met some equally great people. In Vegas they have a TG drop in center they are running. A place you can just hangout and visit.

You can lookup Tri-Ess. They have listings in a number of states.
    If you are in the NJ/Pa area there is New Jersey Support Group and also Renaissance (which might be national).
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aspiring Member
    When I moved to PA almost 20 years ago, I could not get enough from attending support groups. There was one in Harrisburg, Allentown and King of Prussia. I would drive each Saturday to attend. Met the greatest group of folks at the meetings. Became friends with a member ( a woman transitioning to a man) and I was invited to his wedding. He showed a group of us what he looked like before he transitioned and he was absolutely a beautiful woman, one that all of us crossdressers wished we could become. All of us, him included, thought it was funny how we all wanted to be the other. I enjoyed my time when I was able to attend. Once my wife moved up to PA, my visiting support groups came to an end. It is great to be able to communicate to others on the Internet, I think it is better to get to meet others in person.

Our group in St. Louis is still active but we will need to attract younger/new members to remain viable.