Thread: Working From Home

Working From Home

I've worked from home for the past two years (and counting!), and I always feel so lucky to be able to wear what I want when I want... provided I don't have a video conference call. Over these past few years, I've gotten to experiement with what I wear more and have time to enjoy wearing it... and it's been awesome. While I don't get to do makeup or the full ritual like I'd like, I at least get to dress the part... and it helps me deal with the stress that can sometimes come with my job.

Do those of you who work from home dress during work hours? If so, do you go all-out, or just enough to feel comfortable? Curious to know what y'all think!

Platinum Member
    I never had the opportunity to work from home as a part of my professional career. However, whenever I have Stephanie time it has always been "all or nothing." From head (wig) to feet (heels) and everything in between it is all feminine. I do forego the makeup except when leaving my home since that seems to be the ritual for GG's. My wife always called her stay-at-home motherhood as "not working outside the home." Too many people think a mother who stays at home is "not" working. Don't ever say a wife who stays at home and take care of your kids is "not working."

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia13 View Post
    Do those of you who work from home dress during work hours? If so, do you go all-out, or just enough to feel comfortable?
    I get to choose when I work from home, and I wear just enough (or not at all) to feel comfortable. It's lovely!

I?ve been working from home for many years and have done from fully dressed with wig, makeup and skirt...etc to no wig but women?s top, skirt or jeans, makeup and jewelry. I?ve gone out a few times dressed both ways. Usually to a supermarket in the AM.
    Currently I have a goatee and go out shopping in women?s jeans, flats a white blouse with cardigan sweater. I also do a little makeup and accessorize with gold stud clip on earrings, necklace and bracelets. I?ve gotten really bold or call it comfortable with how I present. There is always a thrill to see who notices, especially my white bra under my white blouse.
    I?m always hoping a SA strikes up a conversation. I would just love that.
    Brianne

I?ve worked from home for several years. I always wear the essentials..bra, panties and hose. After that, it depends on my mood, feelings, etc...sometimes more, sometimes less, which is a big part of my enjoyment of having this freedom.

How Funny I was just going to post a similar post. I posted last year about buying a house.. I moved in July after extensive renovations (still not finished). I also started a new job where after training we get to work from home 1 week a month. It most likely will go to 2-3 weeks a month. Right know they are renovating the offices and we have been working from home for 3 weeks and it looks like another 2-3 weeks before we go back. After all that I have been dressing every day since I have been working from home. Though not every full makeup (that takes a lot of time) but have dressed. I have been wearing my 4" heels and not can walk around and not have any issues. I sometimes forget I have them on its so natural.

Any way don't want to take over the thread. I might find it hard to go to work in drab after this. LOL

I do some remote work from home, plus I travel a lot as well. I wish I could dress up at home but that would land me in the dog house with my wife so unfortunately I can not do that. I certainly would if I could. I think I would just do it for comfort though as opposed to putting on all the stuff I do when
    I go out like falsh lashes, etc.

Sandi

Love working from home, that's where I work primarily when I'm not on travel giving training.

Being able to dress is just relaxing and improves my productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Michelle View Post
    How Funny I was just going to post a similar post. I posted last year about buying a house.. I moved in July after extensive renovations (still not finished). I also started a new job where after training we get to work from home 1 week a month. It most likely will go to 2-3 weeks a month. Right know they are renovating the offices and we have been working from home for 3 weeks and it looks like another 2-3 weeks before we go back. After all that I have been dressing every day since I have been working from home. Though not every full makeup (that takes a lot of time) but have dressed. I have been wearing my 4" heels and not can walk around and not have any issues. I sometimes forget I have them on its so natural.

Any way don't want to take over the thread. I might find it hard to go to work in drab after this. LOL
    Great minds think alike! Now you have me wishing I had some 4" heels to walk around in. :-)

I have worked from home since 1979. It is a mixed bag. It is nice in some ways, but the social contact of working at an office with others is a downer. Sometimes, I will include a few things to show Gretchen, but they are minor. No reason I couldn't do more; I just don't because until 2012 I was in a very deep closet. Guess it is just habit. Besides. The consulting work I do is with a very masculine activity - mining. I design reclamation and rehabilitation plans for mining operations. That has a lot of traditional feminine overtones, but it really doesn't translate well into that environment where women are so few and far between. It's OK. Everybody has to make a living somehow and as I have been involved in this field since 1974 I guess I am type cast, even though, in truth, I am much more of a female expert on mining and reclamation than a male expert. Kind of strange behavior, don't you agree? OK. I'm strange in some ways. My advice is, do whatever you want if you work from home and enjoy that freedom. More are gaining that, but it is still not common.

Amelia, On the rare occasion that I have been home during the week, I have dressed, but without makeup or wig.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I work from home every now and then, maybe once per month. I will pull out one or two outfits for the day, and will do my nails as well. It’s really my only chance to dress up at all.

I’m tempted to WFH once per week (allowed by company policy), but I like being in the office, I get more out of face to face interactions, so I’m not there yet.

It depends on how much time I have and if I am expecting any visitors. If I have enough time I will go all out. More often everything except makup.

I work from home and usually stick with panties, pantyhose, skirt and flats, often wearing a men's shirt. Kind of lazy, but much easier to answer the door with a quick change replacing the skirt for pants and stepping into men's shoes. I get the urge every once and awhile to add a bra, dress, wig heels and makeup, but I don't get as much work done! I get too obsessed with what I'm wearing.