Thread: Christmas day with day people who have not seen me dressed before

Christmas day with day people who have not seen me dressed before

This year for the first time in 7 years I will not be alone on Christmas day, some years ago I joined a support group for single expats alone in my area it served its purpose until I got on my feet and built the life you all know I now have. The secretary of that group and I kept in touch after I left and over a period of time I found out that between 1975 and 1981 I worked alongide her brother who has since died I also learned she lived about an hours drive from me in England.
    Now we come to this year and my friend who did not know I dressed and at the same time I was a trifle worried as to who got to know about me so when she Skyped me I was careful to be in drab however one day she said "is that nail polish" and I replied yes can I come over and see you there is something you need to know and three days later I went over and told her everything, her reply was "so what people should be able to be themselves".
    From that day on when I visited her I dressed and at the same time we discovered a French restaurant doing English style fish and chips. having now become comfortable with being dressed even more so the fish evening approached and I asked her "trousers ( meaning drab ) or skirts" and she said skirts of course! and so it was,I had had lunch at this restaurant many times but not as Bobbi so this was a new thing for the owners We arived and absolutely no batting of eyelids no second looks no questions nothing just total acceptance and so it was for everytime since right up to the present day. about a week ago I was asked are you going to be alone for Christmas and I told her yes to be told would I like to share Christmas with her and her daughters family who live right next door.
    I also mentioned about dressing as well and she said why not I have told my daughter all about you and her partner knows and they are ok with it but I don't know about about my grand daughter and boyfriend. Anyway this afternoon I asked again about dressing for Christmas and found out that grand daughter and boyfriend also had been told all about me.
    By the way I had bought a Christmas skirt just for local wear and once finally I asked again about dressing to be told " of you course you can you bought your Christmas skirt and I want to see you in it".
    So for the very first time A) I will be haveing Christmas lunch with a close friend but most importantly B) I will be dressed in front of three people who have never seen me dressed before and have only found out I dress a few days ago and C) I will be dressed specially for Christmas and be part of a party of 6 people including myself.
    A whole pile of firsts for me but for these people all of them to take me on board some of them knowing very little about me will be a big thing. I am sure they will ask me hoards of questions and of course they will get the proper answers. Its only a few days away now but already I am feeling excited and ready for this new stage in my life.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Platinum Member
    Bobbi, I doubt that the holiday will be devoted to inquiries about your gender identity. Such curiosity may generate a couple of questions, but I would bet that the focus will be on celebrating the juletid season.

I am so very happy for you to have this friend and family invite you into their home for the holiday. Its a beautiful gesture and one that speaks volumes about the good hearts you will spend the holiday with.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

True in everything you say, sure they will not want history or anything like that but they may ask why and how but in any case it will be lovely day and the first Christmas spent not alone.

Lovely! Enjoy every minute with those sweet people. Merry Christmas!

Go and have a wonderful time with an apparently very wonderful friend. Thanks for sharing.

Allie

Thank you so much for your wishes the fact of me spending all of the Christmases on my own even without a phone call from my kids this one has the making of being something very special to me

Hi Bobbi, I am so happy for you having plans to share Christmas with friends, I know it will be a special day. Please let us all know how you do when you get a chance afterwards. 😁👍🍷
    Crissy

Bobbi, that is wonderful.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Bobbi,

How wonderful for you. You'll have a lovely time I'm sure.

I also think questions will be in short supply. If you don't mention it I'm sure they won't. Just enjoy the company and the Christmas fare.

Remember, if you're driving home afterwards not to drink. The French gendarmes are a bit hot on that. You've got your disposable breath test kit right?

Have a wonderful Christmas with your friend's family

Christmas this time round will be one I will remember for a long time, apart from the boyfriend I have known everybody else for about 2-3 years now as I said in my thread it is only this year that the rest have found out about Bobbi, a new stage in the life of Bobbi but a happy one.

First I you need to stop asking permission to be you. It is not just that, but for you to move forward you need to stop thinking that this is even an issue, much easier said than done.

I doubt anyone will ask you anything about gender.

I will be attending my best friends Christmas dinner at her parents. It's an hour's drive with her SO driving. I have been twice before, and had a very nice time each time. I guess I have made an impression as they ask my friend how I'm doing throughout the year. I have also attended some of their other family functions.

The only thing about dressing my best friend and I ever talk about is to compare what we are wearing, as girls do.

Simply be prepared to make new friends and enjoy.

Merry Christmas
    Love Jean

Aspiring Member
    Bobbi,
    I am envious of you. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Hi Jean in the past I have been wary of who knew what now that has passed but I am also wary of not upsetting anything having said that again a milestone has been passed with what I have discoveerd with this invitation now knowing it will be an enjoyable occasion.
    Hi June All the things that have happened this year could only have been acheived by living alone like I do plus I am ok with everybody in my hamlet and surroundings

Banned Read only
    Bobbi,
    As I said in your thread about losing expat friends , " One door closes and another opens !" It looks like Santa has sent you a lovely gift I hope you enjoy your special day .

Thank you so much 6 Christmases on my own this one will be so special there is a hint now that I may stay over on the 26th to help finish off the left overs! this is not concrete at the moment but likely.
    In a way I can hardly believe this is going to happen but it is, amongst friends, dressed as well bearing in mind only 2 out of them have never seen me dressed, this is going to take a while to get over but will remain a beautiful memory.

That sounds great Bobbi. I think it's a perfect time and way to meet people because the focus is on Christmas, not on you and what you're wearing, which is perfect. I think there will be far fewer questions than you think - my experience has been that often people will show acceptance by not asking a million questions the first day like you were some sort of exotic animal. It might take hours or even a few visits before people feel it's ok to ask their questions now, and maybe you'll need to resist the urge to monopolize the dinner talking about yourself especially if you haven't got to tell many people the story yet. What you want from this is just to be yourself, having dinner with friends like anyone else.

Banned Read only
    Eemz,
    Very true , it does take time for it to sink in before they need to know more , I also agree in making sure it doesn't become the main topic of conversation . It's better to let others lead and see which way it goes .

Wishing you all the best, Bobbi! Let us know how it went and what was the best thing about it! Hugs and Merry Christmas! Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Eemz, yes quite correct my friend who invited me of course knows all about me as does her daughter so the partner of her daughter will also know, the unknown is the daughter and her boyfriend but on the other hand although I think there maybe some questions or maybe not either way to be able to have a situation like this is quite amazing.

I never thought in a million years that one day I would be able to celebrate Christmas as Bobbi. The whole aspect of what is to come has not sunk in properly but it will plus I have just heard that although I will be staying there over night (distance and drinking being the main reason) there is a possibility I will stay an extra day as there is speculation that the rest of the Christmas feast needs to be consumed!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Lana Mae, I will hopefully a photo with all of my friends, a dream come true

> I never thought in a million years that one day I would be able to celebrate Christmas as Bobbi.

I know! Last year was my first and I am still having firsts all the time, so may this be the first of many firsts for you as well. xxx

Eemz ,Thank you for your thoughts I think I will feel the same as you after.
    Almost impossible to describe my emotions as time passes and the day draw closer, excitement and elation are two of my feelings right now but the main one is absolutely incredible this will become a most memorable occasion.

Bobbi, I am sitting here smiling for you, I am so happy that you are getting to spend Christmas as Bobbi with a nice group of accepting friends. We all deserve happiness and this is now your time! Hugs, Crissy
    Crissy

Thank you Crissy, the time is fast approaching for when I set out for what is now a two day stay with my friends, being Bobbi for two full days will be a memorable time for sure.
    Updates to follow for sure.