Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife asked me to dress and go out

Wife asked me to dress and go out

After years of taking baby steps, and a few missteps, I asked my wife to let me open,y discuss CD with her. She agreed and was supportive- huge relief. Then two days ago she suggested we go somewhere no one knows (she suggested Montreal Canada) and have me dress and go out with her.

Wow, I?m in shock. I?ve never gone out in a dress, though I?d like to.. I don?t know how I?d want to dress, though thinking of Man in a Dress without make up or wig. Trying to think it all through, but love she is on board with it all.

I would suggest you discuss this with the SO before you make any decisions. She might be more comfortable if you were more passable.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Let her help you decide what to wear.
    No make up or wig ? A lot of incomplete data here.

I guess my question is why no makeup. Just a man in a dress look. Thats fine. Have fun
    I am more into the attempting to pass look or to see if I can fool them
    Anyway its sounds like a fun event with the SO Lets here the rest of the story when you get back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

This is an exceptional idea from your wife considering how short a time since you discussed your CDing with her.

It is important that your wife feel comfortable when you go out with her. I would strongly recommend against the "man in a dress" look! Discuss with your wife as to what you should wear. I would suggest that you choose an outfit that will blend with what other women wear. Very few women wear dresses now except for special occasions. Have your wife help you with your makeup so as to present a nice image.

I know that you will be nervous but it is important to act as if you belong. Smile, do not try to sneak around, do your best to move and act as a woman would. Good luck and enjoy!
    Hugs, Carole

I?ve been out in Montreal in a pink sweater dress, tights, boots, make up and no wig. Had a great meal at a restaurant called Zibbo. Go for it, it?s a fun and easy city to explore in a dress.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I?ve been out in Montreal in a pink sweater dress, tights, boots, make up and no wig. Had a great meal at a restaurant called Zibbo. Go for it, it?s a fun and easy city to explore in a dress.

I think it would help folks here help you if we knew a bit more about what form your dressing currently takes. Having a benchmark so to speak will give others an better idea of a way forward and to offer more detailed advice.

Having spent time out and about without any issues I have to say that I'd find it a totally different proposition to just put on a dress and sally forth. Wig, forms, makeup, suitable footwear all add up to create a picture for those you'll encounter. I'd be extremely nervous, feeling distinctly under dressed.

I'd be interested in knowing what it is your SO thinks is going to happen. I hope I'm not being unfair to your SO but is this a plan set to fail? He'll go out once, all goes belly up, he won't want to do it again.

How do you see the time going. Just what level of dressing do you think you'll be undertaking? This could be one of the best things you'll ever do, if done with the right amount of planning. Don't rush at it, get all your ducks lined up and you'll be fine. Failing to plan is as they say planning to fail.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    Hi Mermaiden , I would pull out all the stops and dress as lovely as you can

do a lot pf practice dressing till you get your look perfected and make the perfect feminine presentation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member
    You have a great wife, Get some guidance from her. My wife had me fitted for a wig, that was a great day.
    Hope all goes well
    Rader

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I remember when my ex used to ask me to dress up and go out.

But, we're long divorced and I don't have dreams about her anymore!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I love what your wife has proposed but like others have said she may be more comfortable if you went the whole 9 yards including wig and makeup. If you can pull it off you may also enjoy yourself more.
    Crissy

It is a special opportunity and one that you should certainly thank her for in a big way. I do agree that a more complete presentation might make her more comfortable. Ask her for some guidance on that.

Platinum Member
    Its a wonderful offer. If you?re into the Miad thing, then that?s up to you. But I agree with the other respondents, however, in that I think you should ask her preference.

If it was me I would never consider anything other than full on female presentation.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

This is a great opportunity, of which I am envious. I find it a little difficult to understand why you, with her guidance, wouldn?t want to dress to the nines? You?re going out to look like females, so do your part...dress completely. I?d be interested to hear a follow up about what you decided to do, wear, and how it went.

Silver Member
    Funny your wife suggested you go to Canada from Virginia. I don't think you will see your friends or neighbors there. Go all out since your wife will probably be taking lots of pictures.

My wife sees me in panties daily and is just normal. She knows I have dresses and skirts but hasn?t seen me in them. So my next step will be to put on a private fashion show and get her feedback. She hasn?t seen me with breastforms, but is interested. She is already offering advice and tells me she has visited several websites, including this one.

I really need to figure out where my comfort line is in going out, and I?m glad I have her to help me think it through.

How exciting! Have fun! Like the others have suggested. You may want to ask your wife what she is comfortable with.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Aspiring Member
    If you're going to go out in Montreal, it has to be one of the LGBQT-friendliest cities anywhere. It also has a vibrant gay village. Enjoy! But dress warmly if you go at this time of the year. Not too many women out in dresses these days (-20C this morning)

Mermaiden, Not the best time of year to wear a dress in Montreal, but best of luck. If you haven't already, I hope you can do one of our meetups in NOVA.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That is great! Montreal is great and a very accepting place!

Silver Member
    You just hit the jackpot! Do everything you need to do to make that happen, then go with no second thoughts.

My wife will not be seen in public with me dressed, although a close friend believes it will happen in time, based on the stories I have shared. I'm not so certain, but I will continue to passively waiting for the golden moment you have just been given.

Mermaiden,

Thanks for updating us. From what you've written I'd suggest you need to have the chat and reveal, forms and all, yourself to your SO.

Doing it as soon as possible gives you both time to decide the best way forward. Time to practice makeup and to decide at the most basic level what you're going to wear. A period of planning. If you haven't got one then a wig I would say should be top of the list.

From what others have written a dress might not be the best option due to the weather. However, look upon this not as a destination but more a stop along the way. A trial for even better things to follow. A road test. Practice.

Those who've been before you will testify that the first time out can be scary. With each successive outing things calm down.

Here's a thought. Use the outing to go buy a wig in person. Trust me, wig stores won't bat an eye if you go in drab. They've seen it all before. Go get your makeup done in store. Again the SO's will have encountered members of our community before and will treat you like any other customer, and you'll have a blast to. Other shoppers will stare? No they won't. Been there, no one gave me a second glance. Hey you and your SO have a her's and her's makeover, how's that for a thought?

As I say, perhaps this is a chance to progress your dressing rather than simply have a little time out and about, enjoyable as that is.

Reality Check
    I wish my wife would offer to go out in public with me dressed as Krisi. BUT, I would never go out as a "man in a dress". I would do everything I could to look and act like a woman.

Maybe it's just me, but I would be very uncomfortable as a man wearing a dress in public. I'm not about calling attention to myself. I suggest doing your best to look like a typical woman including dressing for the time and place. Wear something similar to what your wife is wearing and don't overdo the makeup. Don't forget a purse.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I remember when my ex used to ask me to dress up and go out.

But, we're long divorced and I don't have dreams about her anymore!
    That's hilarious I don't care who ya are!

Mermaiden,
    Canada can be too cold even during Summer. You'll need a wig to keep your head warm!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    Mermaiden, you didn't say when you would take the proposed trip, so winter was assumed.... cold, snow, ice all possible... not the best time to present yourself as a woman (NOT a MIAD). Go where you can be your pretty self and people wont give you a second look as CDing is totally accepted.. Las Vegas! Contact me for further input.