Thread: Airbnb Getaway

Airbnb Getaway

I'm always thinking of a nice CD trip and was contemplating renting an airbnb for several days. Have any of you done that specifically to be able to dress and be in area that you are anonymous? This would be so much more relaxing than a hotel room plus there would be so many fewer people.
    Love, Sabrina

Platinum Member
    Seems like a great idea. My DIL is a guru at finding great vacation home rentals...via a similar portal.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

No doubt! I don't think I'd ever dress in my hometown. Fortunately, I get to travel significantly for work, and that's when/where I seize the opportunity to dress.
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

AirBNB is on your side tbh. I'm a host and I can get stuck off for discrimination on a wide range of grounds, including gender identity and expression.
    Be sure to read the listing carefully to be sure that you have the place to yourself, if that's important to you.

Be aware that your host may drop by to check on you and may live nearby.

Banned Read only
    Why not? If that's what it takes to get you out then by all means go for it.

I would not even worry for an instant about the AB&B host. Who cares what they think? Believe me crossdresser staying in their home is very low on the list of things AB&B hosts are worried about.

Very true Roberta. One of the things you learn fast as a host is never to wonder what the guests are doing in there. Why is the bed over there? Why are there chairs in the bathroom? You know what - I don't want to know. Some things are better not thought about. Is anything broken? No. OK, that's enough thinking.

If you’re going somewhere nobody is going to recognize you, why are you worried about the number of people in the hotel?

When I travel to conventions and/or for business, I often use AirBnB for accomodations and have found it very relaxing. Longer trips (like my annual one to Columbus, OH) allow me many nights in a row to dress in the home which is always amazing. This is the opportunity I should also seize to go out, providing I can find a local mobile makeup artist. My only fear during those trips is driving across the border with a large stash of female clothes and a pair of breast forms and having them gone through by curious border officials.
    Closeted for 45 years, so please take any advice I might offer with a massive dose of reality.
    Julia xo

I did it on last labor day. We didn't for your reasons ut I wanted to see how people could treat us being a couple where I'm transgender. First night we got a small cabin on Riddle, next 2 nights coos bay, northbend, then we drove back up to Port Orford one night, then go back on Californis Eureka and finally a night in a campground Manchester...amazing experience with so much freedom...and cheap and better than hotels because we had kitchen and cook so save money on restaurants...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Sabrina,

Eemz and I met up last year, Eemz staying in an AirBnB overnight. Her "hotelier" couldn't as far as I could tell, have been more accommodating. As a "guest" you're the bill payer so as with the vast majority of hotels, as long as you don't trash the room, you're welcome. Go for it!
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 12-27-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

My wife and I did recently staying in a predominantly gay area and it was much better than when we were in a hotel full of family vacationers and kids sports teams over the summer.

Gold Member
    Many years ago, my Wife and Myself rented a Cabin up in the Minnesota north woods on a lake.
    We thought it would be nice, we could dress as we wanted to, and share some special time
    with each other. Well when we got there, the Cabin was not all that Isolated. There where other
    Cabins within 200 yards from each other, and the other "Fishermen" kept coming buy to see what we caught.
    We left after 3 days, found a Motel that was a lot quieter.
    RAder

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If your not dressing outside your room? What does it matter if it's a hotel or Bnb?

I used to do that. But, it got old after awhile, Sabrina. Then I discovered T conferences and gatherings around the country!

Not only can u dress without worry of being outed? U have hundreds of T sisters to party and socialize with!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    With AirBnB, I can get away from the tourist or business districts and into neighborhoods where the local people live. I find that to be more interesting and fun. It is possible to live almost like the locals. I am still a guest but barely so. Abby can blend in quickly and easily in most cases. I still like my privacy gained through anonymity.

I am a cheap @$$. I do AirBnB to get a place near $70 when my colleagues are spending nearer $300. I have my own business and my own travel budget. I get to go on more trips and stay longer (more femme time!) if I keep the costs down, hence a preference for AirBnB and their competitors.

That being said, it is too easy to have some strange experiences. For my visit to Portland last month, my usual AirBnB downtown near Lloyd was not available. I stayed in a beautiful studio but the neighborhood was sketchy. The homeless had pushed the local generosity too much and the neighborhood was pushing back. Not pretty. In Seattle, I recently stayed at a boarding house where everyone was stuck in a sixties counterculture time warp. Legalizing dope made no difference to most of them. In Pasadena, California, I stayed at a place with a huge flower garden and an orange tree. I picked the breakfast part of the BnB each morning from that tree. In another Pasadena AirBnB, I rented a garage apt on a hillside. Nice place on a quiet, tree lined street but close to everything. Then I had a heart attack the first day there and survived because a world class cardiac institute was so close. I thought that would creep out the host, but she insisted that I come back.

I like having my own entrance and convenient parking or public transit. Hosts rarely interact with a guest who makes known that he prefers privacy and has his own entrance to an apt. I just write that I am here to get some uninterrupted work done. I see no one after saying that. On the other hand, hosts usually live in the home when renting out just a room. I rented a room in Washington DC because a place with a private entrance there is just too expensive. On the third day there, my host knocked on the door wanting to fetch a bottle of wine that he had left in my room. I was getting ready to go out en femme at the moment, dressed only in my lingerie with my makeup half done. I deferred his request, but he defeated the feeling of privacy through anonymity that I prefer when traveling, both en femme and in drab.

I walk a lot for exercise, usually early in the morning. I have a full set of femme exercise clothing for any weather. I learn a lot observing a neighborhood at 5am. It is usually quite safe to get some Abby time at that hour. Even the muggers and the homeless are asleep then.

I really like AirBnB. I get to stay with the locals, close to my business but with privacy if I request it. And I get a lot of femme time in the room and out and about. But I must be able to roll with the punches sometimes.

Sabrina, I have used an airbnb when traveling to a destination for a en-femme conference. Worked out great.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I did Airbnb for 4 days.
    Elderly couple were fine with me dressing, even helped them around the home with chores. Wife liked to decorate so in boy mode I went shopping with her for home d?cor.

My evening clothes while there were like this -
    20190329_171713a.jpg
    Day clothes
    IMG_20180408_144020.jpg
    PJ's
    IMG_20180409_072235.jpg

My blog has the story, March-April 2018.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

My wife and I are airbnb hosts and we stay in airbnbs. You might want to look for places that say they have a private entrance and your own room/bath etc. We've stayed in places that involve walking through the hosts living room, which could be awkward when you're dressed. Be aware that if you have long hair, whether its real or a wig, you may leave hairs on the linens and in the shower. My wife does most of the cleaning and that is one thing she complains about. Leave the place neat and tidy and you'll get good reviews regardless of your outward appearance. I hope you enjoy your trip - Aneline.

When I travel I prefer to use Airbnb or motels as both give more bang for your buck than large hotels. Motels tend to have larger rooms and more features in the rooms than hotels plus usually at you can park at the door to your motel room. When looking for an Airbnb I select places that I have the “entire place” though some of these have been flats under the host’s main house or second dwelling on their property. I had one Airbnb for a couple of weeks where I had the entire place to myself which enabled me to dress when I wanted as well as washing all of my outfits and drying them in the sun.
    Just remember to take your own cloths or wipes for make up removal as you don’t want ruin theirs.

I have never heard of an Air BNB. i know of bed and breakfsts, but not of Airbnbs.

I use AirBnB frequently, especially in the summer when the hotels in downtown Chicago are really expensive. Usually, just rent a room rather than the whole place. In either case, I always tell the host about my alter ego Julie and that I?ll primarily be using their place for the transformation. I?ll arrive in male mode, usually meet the host and end the small talk by saying that I need to get changed, cuz I have dinner plans. As others have said, the hosts don?t care. I?m sure they have had their fill of jerks being rude, not following house rules, breaking stuff or just making a mess. A little bit of crossdressing is the least of their concerns. But, I would suggest you come clean when making the reservation - if they are uncomfortable with it then they will just decline the request and you are both better off.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023