Thread: Sons or Daughters?

Sons or Daughters?

Hi All

Firstly I would like to take this time and wish you all A Merry Xmas and A Happy New Year when it arrives.

I have two grown up sons and two grown up daughters and I was ( I know a bit of a how long is a piece of string question) but if you
    have come out to your kids who were the most accepting, Sons or Daughters? x

I don?t post a lot at all but this one I have done. I have 2 sons and a daughter and 2 daughter in laws and all of them know and have for a few years. It?s not a big deal to my oldest but my youngest son still asks a lot of questions at times and that?s fine. I answer all of them

Rhonda

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also!
    I have one son and one daughter! I came out to both of them years ago! Both responded with, "Whatever makes you happy, Dad!" My son is married and I am out to his wife and last year, she bought me earrings as a Christmas gift!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

My son and daughter both say they are OK with it - I do dress more when my daughter is present than when my son is

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I have a daughter in her 30s who found out I cross-dressed when she lived at home with me, and a package with shoes came. She opened it, thinking it was something she had ordered, and asked me about it. I explained, and she is fine with it today. She just would never want to see me dressed (or photos) She has never gifted me any clothes, but has seen my female stuff in my closet (I'm divorced and single)
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

After my past experiences of non acceptance, I've found that I'd rather just remain in the closet and imagine that they might accept me, than come out and find that they don't. Hope is the last thing to die, and it's extremely depressing when all hope is lost.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    My 29 yo only son was cool with it, he's like, whatever makes you happy.

Banned Read only
    Well I only have one son and he was like "You be you, Dad", but in general I have found women a little more accepting than men.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

2 adult daughters.

The younger one who lives with me doesn't like it.

The one that doesn't couldn't care less!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

So closeted yet as a dad with a transgender daughter and amazing younger son, I'm sure acceptance would be more than given but my kids. My daughter might also have that "Aha!" moment where she realizes why I was super-trans dad and accepting so well so fast.

It's my wife's reaction and dismissal/snarky contempt (at best) I fear, sadly ... and since she is financially dependent on me, I will do nothing to rock the boat at this point in our lives.
    Closeted for 45 years, so please take any advice I might offer with a massive dose of reality.
    Julia xo

Banned Read only
    Vicky,
    I have an adult son and daughter , so to answer your question my daughter was the easier one . It happened more by accident , I forgot she was in the house and was busy ironing a dress , when she saw me she knew it didn't belong to my wife so I bit the bullet and told her it was mine and why . We now have a lovely relationship and go out with her and her daughter , I shall be spending Xmas day with her again this year .

My son knows but has never seen me but I have been told his wife has seen me driving into my old home town . They all know I'm now full time in my new home town so I would think it's only a matter of time before we do meet up .

I have 4 daughters and 2 son-in-laws, they were all easy to come out to.

The main thing is to wear respectable clothes and to respect their needs around your dressing.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Vicky, I wish I had some insight, but I haven't seen my children, three adult daughters, in almost a decade.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

All of our children have fur and four legs.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Aspiring Member
    When my only child, a daughter, figured it out at about age 22, she opted for DADT. Wife is violently opposed.

I have one of each, both adults, neither of them know. My son recently told me he was gay. I believe he would be accepting, my daughter , not so much. Doesn?t matter as telling them is no where on my radar. Merry Chistmas , ladies
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Ty for your advice ladies x

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Both son and daughter where cool with my dressing.

Platinum Member
    I?d say its a toss up. I have a pair of sons and two step daughters.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I told my 24 year old daughter last year I dress now and then for fun and she said "so, no big deal" then she told my son and he said "his faddish/issue is worst than mine"?
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    Merry Christmas everyone!

I have a 20 yr old son that I came out to years ago but recently he asked questions just in curiosity, he accepts me.

My girlfriend has an 11 yr old daughter that I love and treat as my own. Her mom is overprotective and doesn't want to talk to her about LGBTQ. I wear female clothes with my finger/toe nails painted with anklets and toe rings with a padded bra. I was asked to not wear a dress around her so of course I don't but that's it. One day I picked her daughter up from school and she said her friend was sad cuz they got teased for being transgender. I asked how she felt to which she replied it shouldn't matter if you like boys or girls or if you want to be a male or female, what should matter is those kids being mean and not just treating her like a person. I told her that was very well thought out and heartfelt and honest. She giggled and said he's not as pretty as you but then you're the prettiest guy I know, you like everything I do, I think its fine you dress up like a woman, that made me smile. I told her that her mom is struggling to talk to her about it. She said well she needs to know the kids at school are vulgar and talk a lot about gross sex stuff. I just laughed and reiterated her need to speak to her mom despite how anxious her mom can be. After that, she's copied my outfits and her mom just shakes her head.

My girlfriend and I have a 2 yr old boy together. She asked I follow the same rules with him so he has a fair chance in life to make decisions based on what he wants and feels not what we put on him. I'm like ok if that's what you want, no prob.

I'd say the biggest shock was my mom lol
    Live, laugh, love!