Thread: Tis the season to be thankful

Tis the season to be thankful

Well Christmas and the holiday season are here. This time of the year means different things for different folks. For me it it a time of joy and celebration. For other they get depressed.

What do I have to be thankful for this year. First after being diagnosed with cancer this last October Im happy that Im on the mend and Im going to be a survivor. Second my wife has always been tolerant and accepting of my femine side although with boundaries. After my surgery and treatment she changed her out look about about life and ME. She told me after we found out I was going to survive my cancerthat my dressing is not a problem for her, for me to dress the way I chouse and I didnt have to ask to expand my boundaries and If she was concerned about anything we would talk about it. So her take was I wasnt going to die and was going to be there for her and she for me. Im not jumping in and going overboard with my dressing. A little at a time

Now in another thread My adult daughter is one of my best fans and shopping buddy, but bless her heart cannot keep a secret. She told me my wife asked her to go with her to pick out some Christmas presents for me, Ya, before I could tell her to be quiet she blurted out, "Mom bought you a purse for everyday use and some girl shoes". I told her to be quiet I want the rest to be a surprise. And yes they are getting some nice presents.

So these things have made my holidays special. What are the holidays like for you?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Sidney, Congratulations on surviving cancer and I am so happy for you that your wife has become more accepting.
    I was never much of a fan of the holidays but now realize that life is short and I appreciate my family much more. We have one daughter in now and our youngest will be in this weekend and my wife and I are just enjoying it so much.
    Merry Christmas to all the fine people here!
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    That is one heck of a way to gain acceptance, but I suppose it goes to the heart of the matter. So glad you?re beating the big C and that it has opened new era in your marriage too.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Good news on all fronts for you, as for me have a look at my thread about Christmas with friends i will be able to be Bobbi for two days with some i have not met yet!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post

. . .

So these things have made my holidays special. What are the holidays like for you?
    For me, each December consists of at least four Christmas gatherings / parties (work, condo, friend(s), and family), shopping, hot drinks, and a lovely time dressing in clothes that compliment the body. Good times indeed!

Sidney, I too am a cancer survivor having being diagnosed in January, surgery in March, and now with 3 clear follow up tests etc. And yes, my wife who has always been supportive within bounds, has become more accepting, and happier to talk about it. She still doesn't want to see Kaye, but is much happier with myou more androgynous clothing choices. Like you, we are getting there, slowly, but that's part of the journey.
    Take care, and enjoy the festive season, and here's wishing you well for 2020.
    Kaye

Sidney, So glad your family is supportive. You're in my thoughts for a full recovery.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I echo your conclusion. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to all my sisters here. Love you all.

Unfortunately, Christmas is a tough time for me. Too many tragedies in my life have happened at this time of the year and too many painful memories. But I still make the best of it and enjoy seeing people being more freely themselves and setting aside all the nastiness of this world for a period of being pure them. Due to unforeseen circumstances, my Christmas will be on the 27th this year. No matter. After 2019 years what's a couple of days. So, I will be by myself tomorrow and I intend to be pretty all day long. Friday I will be back to my more usual blended expression.

I am also a cancer survivor for four years now. I'm very fortunate to have a very supportive and loving wife even before my diagnosis. I would like to wish all my survivor sister and their wives, girlfriends and family a very happy and healthy Christmas and New Years.

Banned Read only
    What are the holidays like for you?

Sidney and others; happy to hear you're cancer survivors. It's a heck of a way for a spouse to come to realize "don't sweat the small stuff!" about a husband's cross dressing. My wife is a three year cancer survivor. There's not too much for a love one to do than be supportive and understanding.

I find this time of year to be too stressful. Too much around my house seems to always be crammed into too short of a time period. I'm the one who does the outside and inside decorating. Some day I'll know better and stay off the ladder to decorate the peak of the house. What I use to be able to do in a day now takes several.

When the kids ask me what I want for any day, Christmas, birthday or Father's Day, it is always the gift of your time. Take me out for a cup of coffee. Take me to a baseball game at the local Triple A park.....$11. Lunch at a burger joint. When I was 18 and my little sister was 6 our father passed away from kidney cancer (1965) just before Christmas. It was a miserable time. My VA counselor is probably right that still has a lingering effect on me..thrown in with some Nam experiences.

Just remember when you reach your expiration date there is no going back to create loving memories.