Thread: Hair dresser didn't want to know

Hair dresser didn't want to know

I went for a hair cut and I've had the same hair dresser for as long as I can remember, I think she's 70 something and probably know my hole life story just like all hair dressers. She was trimming around my ears and she stopped and took a closer look at my ear. I asked her if something is wrong, she said some things it's better she doesn't know. I asked her what she was talking about, she said I have oval and sagging ear lobes that usally get caused by heavy earrings and as long as she knows me I have always worn diamond studs. I said she was right some things are better that you don't know.
    Lesson learned no more heavy earrings, second women who noticed it.

Unless you are completely "out" like I am then best leave things as they are but when asked about this or that i say yes its normal for me and things like that A bit of an awkward moment for you so sorry it happened
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Platinum Member
    Dang...she was observant! I guess when you make your living in aesthetics, noticing minor details is a big part of the job. Oh well, she knows a little more about you now.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I don't see how you can put up with worrying about people "finding out".
    Be easier to just admit it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Your welcome, Ma'am. But, I'm just doing my job."
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

LOL,

I wear clip-ons and they leave noticeable red marks on my ear lobes for at least 30 min. after CD-ing.
    I try to take them off every 15 min and rub my ear lobes to circulate the blood flow but I forget sometimes.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Banned Read only
    Meh... Nobody is "normally" going to notice that.

But even if they did, so what? You already have your ears pierced. How are you going to deny wearing earrings?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I don't see how you can put up with worrying about people "finding out".
    Be easier to just admit it.
    By and large, I agree. There is an endless stream of "I got caught..." threads here, with common implication that we're doing something wrong. The deception that is uncovered in many of those stories is hard to defend though, so the water is easily muddied. Protecting one's livelihood is generally justified, so we add another layer to the picture. Being TG (as in the umbrella term sense) is not wrong. Period. Let us keep that in mind.

Yes it would be wonderful if everyone knew from birth and could live openly. Sadly this is not the case. Remember these are real people leading real lives.

I think you should have thanked her for alerting you as stretched out lob's aren't attractive. That and you might say simply that you wouldn't wear dangles to get your hair done.

You might also want to start wearing lighter earrings.

My hairdresser is one of my closest friends. I have to see her once a month to get my roots done and hear the latest gossip.

Maria, That's an interesting comment from your hair dresser. My barber doesn't speak English so I don't suffer from such comments.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

She obviously doesn't know your whole life story. I'd find a new hairdresser after a comment like that. My hairdressers have always been a major source of acceptance and support for me. Always. Decades. Before there was a crossdressers.com I had hairdressers that accepted, encouraged, offered honest opinions, and even helped me through some tough times. Even now, the woman who cuts my hair is one of the ones who used to roll me up an put me under the dryer. Still set me under the dryer, but without the curlers. They've just been so important to me I absolutely would not tolerate anything less.

Platinum Member
    I suppose one could look at this verbal exchange from a different viewpoint. Perhaps her comment has more to do about Maria's secrecy and her non disclosure of whatever may be causing her ear lobes to sag. If the woman is about seventy years old I'm fairly sure she has seen it all. Has Maria passed up the chance to confirm the obvious? Hair dressers seem to be the equivalent of the neighborhood bartender.

Silver Member
    My hair dresser knows about me and has cut my hair for quite some time. I used another hair dresser from the same place until she moved away. One of the times when I first used her I was wearing a light weight sweat shirt with a foam C cup bra. When she was washing my hair and I was reclined the girls were obvious. On another occasion I was wearing a white knit top. As she removed the cape hair dropped on my top where it stretched across the girls. She reached down and began to brush the hair off. I'm sure she could feel the bra under the top. We talk about everything. I'm a good customer and she is great at cutting my hair. She has never said anything about my choice of clothes.

Was she talking about you earlobes, or about the piercing tunnels? Ears keep getting bigger as you age.
    If it was a comment about your piercings - heavy earrings will stretch the out a bit - so what
    You cant please everyone in the world
    Put the rock down, you live in a greenhouse.