Thread: My Elephant has left the room...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Elephant has left the room...

Yes she has.

I've had in mind to start this thread for a while, a play on one from many years ago that can be found here...

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...light=elephant

...which I am re-reading (it is proving to be a long read) in preparation of a discussion about a brand new perspective and direction. Not sure where this will take us but it may or may not be a fun ride. Stay tuned.

The Elephant In My Room thread is rekindling many memories. Experiences. People. Gosh, those who I consider(ed) dear friends, even if only in these pages, who disappeared as abruptly as they appeared. All remain close to my heart but some even closer by virtue of being close to them IRL. I have not been a good friend over the last couple years but reading this new thread and how it unfolds may offer some semblance of an explanation. Still, it doesn't make it right, at least for now.

Reading this again makes my eyes heavy with the weight of tears held back with clenched teeth. Yet I am buoyed by feeling this emotion for that which resides in the past and perhaps promise for what the future might hold. Unsure where this new thread will go because these pages are so much different than they were 7+ years ago. It seems worth a try. For now, dig into the old Elephant thread. I dare to say there is a lot of wisdom there.
    Last edited by Sara Jessica; 12-23-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)