Thread: GNO (a bit wordy)

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar

GNO (a bit wordy)

Last Saturday night I attended my first GNO with other members of the forum. Earlier in the afternoon I had gotten a makeup lesson at Ulta and then went home and dressed. Going through the check out line in full makeup and men's clothing was interesting, but uneventful. Cashier greeted me just like any other time in my life.

The GNO didn't start until 9 pm, so my plan was to leave the house at 7 pm and shop at the mall on the way. When I was almost to the mall, 3 engine warning lights came on at once!! "Oh S$%#!".
    In guy mode I would have gotten angry, pissed and my night would have gone down hill.
    But that's not what happen. I simply drove the 20 minute back home, got our other car and went back on my way. Only had about 30 minutes for shopping, but that's better than nothing.

At the GNO there was only street parking. That walk down a night time city street was magic, absolutely magic! Found the very non-descript bar location, went in and felt pretty much at home. I was not alone, for the first time I was in the company of other's like me! I wasn't the "strange one" in a normal crowd. I was normal, I was like everyone else (well almost everyone else).

My forum sisters found me, and I got a place at the bar. We spent the evening talking until it got too loud to hear. Hugs, Michelle and Marsha!

Not being a party girl, I headed home at 11:30. Again the walk to the car, like being in a dream. When I think back to it, I can't describe it. It was me, but it wasn't. I want that feeling again!

Half way home I noticed the car need gas. No big deal; you fill the tank, you pay at pump, you jump in the car and back on the road with no one the wiser. Well the universe had a BETTER plan. The car auto locked it's doors when I got out, with my purse, wallet AND phone inside. Take a deep breath girl, take a deep breath. Only one thing to do, walk inside the very brightly lit store and ask for help.

The young man at the counter didn't seem to blink an eye when I came in. He showed me the phone to call AAA road assistance. When the tow truck arrive and the drive saw me, he seemed unfazed. He did his job with respect and treated me as I would have expected if in guy mode. I went to get my purse to give him my membership information, and he said "don't bother, it's good". Not sure if he was being nice, just wanted to get away as fast as possible, or really didn't need it.

Then I was on the road home, with no further adventures. I can't wait to do it again!!! Except the keys locked inside part.
    Last edited by Davina Katherine; 12-24-2019 at 09:51 AM.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Jessie Mae, sounds like you had a good time! It would be cool to meet up with other members of this forum, but the meeting place and everyone here is too far away from me. LOL..... Anyway, I always roll my driver's side window down when I get out to pump gas, to keep me from locking myself out of my car. LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Jessie, That sounds like such a wonderful evening, except of course for the car issues, I think you have done what many of us would love to do someday.
    Crissy

Platinum Member
    Nice to read about a great evening with the exception of the car issues. "When it rains, it pours" as it is said. When my car was totaled the only car on the lot I was interested in purchasing had NO automatic locks or auto anything (seats, windows, etc). I always carry two sets of keys to the car. Too many times I had to go bail out a family member who locked her (always her) keys in the car. It's a good thing to remember and extra set of keys when out en femme.

I remember that dream-like feeling of the early days of being out. Thanks for the memories and glad you got to experience it! On a side note, this is why I love my keyless ignition as the car will not let you lock the fob inside accidentally.

Jessie Mae,

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful night out (ex car trouble of course). That feeling of being out and walking in public, being you, is one every CD'er should experience at least once. Thing is, like you, once experienced there's the desire for more.

I think your post really illustrates how we think the world will react and how it actually does. No alarms going off, no spotlights picking us out. Folks just treating just like everyone else.

On the car front, once while enfemme and over halfway into a journey my car decided to go into "Get you home mode". No real power but it kept going. I decided to continue on, park up when I got there, the car would be left for a good few hours and if it was still playing up on my return I'd call the AA. As it turned out, when I started the car all ways good. It'd had it's little tantrum and was calmer now. These things are set to test us from time to time.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Great story. Glad you had such a good time and felt so at ease.

Great story and welcome to our Out in the Real World group! Sorry for the travel issues. You can call your first outing a "Baptism by Fire" moment!

Aspiring Member
    Wow! You are good! Two sets of car issues while out and about en femme and you keep your cool, just let it roll off your back. It took me several years of training and experience in the military to remain consistently cool under fire. You take it in stride on the first GNO. I am impressed!

Jessie, Congrats on your first GNO. Sounds like a fun time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

At least you had a good time despite all the minor issues. As a former AAA driver I can say they don't really need your membership info. If they ask for it something seems off or they are by the book.