My best friend in the past 3 years that I have been crossdressing had asked me if I was into it. I denied it each time, because I did not know how it would affect our friendship, this despite the fact that he said it was my life and he wouldn't think any different of me, as long as I did not hit on him.
The conversation started when we were talking about going to Scarborough Renaissance Festival next year. I explained to him how I wanted to go and do something on my own, but my other friends did not want to separate when we went back in May. What did I want to do? I wanted to see about purchasing 1 of the ladies' outfits, primarily the princess outfit they had, and naturally I did not want my friends to know I was a crossdresser.
Once again he asked if I liked to crossdress, and again I denied it. The next thing he told me sealed the deal.... He told me his brother, whom I had already known was gay, liked to crossdress too, and that he was actually trying to become a Drag Queen. After confirming that he was ok with someone being a crossdresser, I decided now was the time to tell him that I was indeed a crossdresser. Everything is working out fine, and he said he was ok with it as long as I do not go out with him dressed up. I asked him if he had suspicions about me earlier, and he said that he thought there was a decent possibility that I did crossdress. But he did not want to push the subject just in case he was wrong.
As for my other friends, they are very good friends and we've been hanging out together a long time. But I know they will not accept something like this and that is ok with me, I respect everyone's opinions, so I will not be coming out to them.