Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trigger Points

For me, I dress with a mix of male and female clothes. So pretty much every day I want to wear a skirt or dress (I find them both comfortable and cute). I usually make a rough plan at the beginning of each week (such as an outfit for work, a dress for the day with the nicest weather in the forecast, etc). So if I can't wear such an outfit as planned I feel let down and want to wear it soon. Also, sometimes seeing a look that I like and want to copy it will influence the next outfit I wear (whether this look is someone I see in person or on tv or even in a book).

I feel like as time goes on, some things like wearing one piece of jewerly a day has gone to the side (for example I am not wearing any jewelry right now). I feel like it is almost an anti trigger point, that I don't need everything so often.

Never stress. Only driven to dress by the pull of opportunity. If my wife is away, then I can play. Otherwise, never, despite an omnipresent pull to do so.

I'm the same, Mary. Unless I know I've got a clear opportunity to dress up, I don't think about it too much. Only when the opportunity presents itself then the excitement and adrenaline kicks in.

Thank you everyone who responded to this thread I find it so very helpful to hear the many different experiences and perspectives. Especially from so many people in different places along their journey.

I agree that opportunity is generally my trigger. Should the desire be there and I know I've time completely to myself, then away I go. Odd times, I feel an intense desire and I find I have to make time to dress, but it's always a preasent sensation to do so.

I find stress and tiredness actually suppress the deisre.

Just another 'Gurl'
    Interesing question. What triggers into CDing?

Spending to much time by myself and my mind gets away from me and then I am looking for a bra.

CDing sites, or books or entertainment, articles.

Going to clothes stores with my wife when she is looking for things to wear.

Lots of things I suppose.
    Just another man in a dress

Mine is definitely stress from work..dressing makes the world go away for me. Queue up the Eddy Arnold please 😋 but also opportunity...if I am alone dressing up is the first thing I think of. Strangely, if my ED won't allow me to function with my SO, I want to dress...maybe just stress there also...

Seeing women in nice clothes shoes makeup etc is a trigger for me. If a work colleague comes into my office in stilettos heavily made up and wearing a beautiful outfit I so envy her that I can?t wait to dress again as soon as possible. One particular lady wears just my sort of stuff and I often really want to be able to dress like her when I see her st the office. I wouldn?t say stress is a trigger but not dressing for a while becomes stressful and I feel better when I have been out for the day en femme. I notice what women wear whether in direct contact with them or on Television etc. I also like to read women?s magazines and the fashion pages of the newspaper which again is a trigger.

My own theory is that stress isn't the 'trigger' that makes us want to crossdress, it's that deep down inside, we always want to crossdress/feel like we are female, but we just subconsciously bury those feelings away and don't notice them (or, only rarely feel the desire as brief and fleeting). But at some point, when under stress, it becomes too much for our subconscious minds to handle, the desire to crossdress becomes too much to suppress, those thoughts come to the forefront of our conscious minds, and it overwhelms us and interferes with our desire to concentrate on the other problems we are facing. For me, that means if I don't 'give in' to the need to let it go and crossdress, I become absent minded, irritable, short tempered, and have trouble concentrating. All that goes away as soon as I acquiesce and dress as I feel I must.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Diamond Bar & Ventura both of which are in Southern California
    I have found it is a time of year thing. Not sure if its because during the summer months I seem to have so much more on my plate, that even though I think about dressing, I just dont have the time so the feelings get subjugated. Then winter months come along, things slow down and then I get the very strong urge to dress.

Stress only makes the blood pressure go up, I don't get stressed with dressing on those very rare days of having to be in drab I feel very uncomfortable only settled when i am dressed again
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Tina, You said it pretty much for me. I am 65, never had a wife, and i dress up occasionally as the tall leggy lady, of my dreams, or like tall leggy women I wanted, but was rejected by, or married ones i have known. I had a business, where i woked in peoples' homes, and so many married women customers, were tall and gorgeous, and it hurt to be the lonesome blue collar service guy. I never touched them of course, but when dressed, resembled some of them. I then return to guy mode for quite a long time. I know i am a guy, and need to stay a guy, in spite of the pull. Life is about compromises, and we can't have everything we want, and conflict is part of the fickle human condition. Sometimes Miss, i agree with what you wrote too. A deep part of the brain needs to be satisfied with occasionally letting Alice out of the box!

stress will trigger me to dress more, but i was dressed as a girl by my aunt when i was a kid, so the seeds were there.....

Well, I'm a transexual now but what was my trigger was to be alone. I couldn't resist any time alone without dressing. Sometimes, it could be the whole day or just a couple hours.
    Later in life it wasn't just the alone moments because I wanted in any time and die seeing customers women in my work and daily life.
    Today my life is full time as I meant to be and to dress is a daily routine but other elements add and give great taste on being a woman....

Devi
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I'm not sure that anything in particular triggers me. I really enjoy quiet time at home, when I can get it, and just lounge around in my favorite lingerie. I particularly like my full length slips with panties and a bra. I also really like sleeping in one of my nighties with matching panties. I guess anytime that I am alone could be considered a trigger.

Okay so it looks like we have 3 leading responses to my first question of whats your trigger point.
    1) I feel femme as soon as I wake up.
    2)Opportunity and being alone
    3) Stress of your day to day.
    So lets ask a another question than if you feel this the center of your desire or need to dress fits these groups than whats the center that drives these issues?

I think stress drives me the most but this is a blanket issue that started as a child with a complicated home life. I had an older sister that dressed me up to be her little sister for (fun)femm. This was also my first introduction to a dress, pantyhose and girl life an escape from boy me. This later grew my desire and love for the feel of femm, the makeup the clothes, and the process of creating alter feminine look.

You're right that those are not the real trigger but something else but it's not stress. Stress is just another name for gender dysphoria but I noticed that many here, as I used to do, don't know that concept and think that to dress is just a release for stress, a relaxing hobbies or whatever name they want to do because masculinity is so deep rooted in their minds that to accept to be a trans is to be so weak so will keep fighting with dysphoria as Don Quijote did with the windmills...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

I just can't shop in drab anymore, I would get arrested feeling the bras in the lingerie section.

Loitering in the makeup and dress sections doesn't help if dressed inappropriately. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.