Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Busted at the doctor?s office

Busted at the doctor?s office

So I went in for my annual physical, my old doctor retired and a new Asian female doctor took over his practice. I just had a fresh pedi and didn?t want to take off the polish and I always had left my socks on during the physical, but she said to take them off too. So I did and she checked out my shaved legs and red toes, she asked what was up with the red polish, I said my wife took me in for a pedi and suggested we get matching polish for our anniversary. I was embarrassed but owned it.

Well, I kind of doubt she bought it, but at least you won't have to hide it from your doctor any more. Something similar happened to me when visiting doctor a few years ago and I had to take off my pants unexpectedly. It was embarrassing, but I done it. Now I can underdress every time when visiting my doctor. He already knows I wear female panties and pantyhose.

My doctor has seen me with red nail polish on both my hands and feet. He is a consummate professional and has never said a thing about it. I have never felt the need to explain. I once got a complement from his nurse about my fingernails though. I responded with a smile and a warm thank you, but no explanations.

Lola, I would have told her to mind her own business. Was she wearing nail polish on her finger nails? So what, jees some people, honestly boils my @!?*.

Hi Lola,

Welcome to our little community!

That comment was rather unprofessional of your doctor. Good for you owning up to it. There is noting wrong with shaving your legs and wearing nail polish.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon budd View Post
    Lola, I would have told her to mind her own business.
    I think physicians are taught to inquire into more than physical issues theses days, so I don't find the question out of bounds.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Lola, I would have told her to mind her own business. Was she wearing nail polish on her finger nails? So what, jees some people, honestly boils my @!?*.
    People tend to get offended so easily these days then get mad when questioned.
    Just be honest and tell the truth. What can they do about it anyway? You aren't breaking any law.

The fact that she asked is strange. My answer would have been that "I like it" or I wanted to get my moneys worth at the nail salon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

It's entirely possible the doctor is merely being sensitive to the fact that she may have a patient who is or who is thinking about transitioning.

Platinum Member
    Maybe she was minding her own business. As a professional/doctor perhaps she was asking for information that may be necessary for treating a patient, i.e., transgender issues?

A lot to ponder over this particular incident. Speaking as someone with a 20+ years experience working in the medical field, albeit as a lowly CNA, one thing that is repeatedly mentioned is "Thou Shall Not Comment" about anyone's life style choices, as long as it's not hurting anyone. Nail polish doesn't rise to that level. We're instructed that it's none of our business.

But these were a couple of salient points:

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I think physicians are taught to inquire into more than physical issues theses days, so I don't find the question out of bounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Maybe she was minding her own business. As a professional/doctor perhaps she was asking for information that may be necessary for treating a patient, i.e., transgender issues?
    Yes, doctors today are looking at their patients' mental health as much as the physical. The sad fact, and this is no reflection on anyone at all, is that certain demographics are experiencing higher suicide rates. I must respectfully disagree with questions about what someone is wearing, though. Note it, yes, mention something about it, no. And when I say note it just not officially. Every time you visit a medical doctor after you leave the doctor is required to write up notes about that visit with you. Those are visible to anyone who has access to your chart. Your red toenails, hot pink panties and thigh high fishnets don't belong in those official notes. Now if I was a doctor I'd have a private journal somewhere (under lock and key) with items about my patients that I may want to remember, in case, as Stephanie47 mentioned, the doctor finds herself dealing with that situation.

I was at my Dr’s office for a regular check up and he asked me to take my sneakers and socks off. I was thinking, crap, but I just did it. The Dr got to see my pretty pink toes but he did not bat an eye, his female assistant did have a good smile. Really no big deal at all, who really cares.
    Crissy

I haven't removed my nail polish on either fingers or toes for a medical appointment for over 20 years now. (*) There are reactions - usually compliments - but absolutely no consequences I've noted. Once you've seen the same practitioners a couple of times, they quickly learn it is part of me and it is no longer a subject of interest or conversation (unless they like the color!). Same for my girly piercings and tattoos.

- Diane

* - I did remove the polish once for an MRI procedure, but that would be required for any gender, and was documented in the instructions they gave me before the appointment.

Sorry I beg to differ as to a doctor?s inquiry about cross gender presentation. If you are trans and on hormones, the hormones can affect the prescription mode and strength of a lot of other medicines you might be prescribed. Estrogen affects the clotting factor in your blood and spironolactone (testosterone blocker) affects blood pressure and heart function.

So if a doctor sees possible signs that you might be trans and still closeted they have a darn good reason for asking.

The way the conversation should go is ?I?m a crossdresser.? ?Are you on or considering hormone therapy?? ?No.? ?Thank you.? (Doctor makes note in file patient not on any hormone therapy).

In my own case I came out to my dentist while I was still presenting male most of the time because I was being sent for a root canal and I wanted them to know I was on HRT because it might have an effect on the choice of painkillers.
    Last edited by OCCarly; 12-27-2019 at 12:42 AM.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Good point, Carly. Physicians, and others who responsible for diagnosis and treatment are trained to consider the entire clinical picture; medical history and physical examination. Significant findings should provoke further examination.
    As an interesting aside, I went in for common radiological procedure yesterday. On a separate form was just one question, "As which gender do you identify." Actual sex/gender had been covered already. As I handed back the clipboard, I was directed to the appropriate changing room. Not clinical question, but a very woke one.

Platinum Member
    You gave her an honest answer to her question and I am sure she appreciated it. It makes sense to be honest to your primary care provider.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I've gone to a doctor several times and unexpectedly asked to take off my shoes and socks. I don't think that they ever asked specifically, but sometimes I just said that I liked how it looked and other times said that I was a crossdresser. No problems either way.

Once, I had an appointment with a GG dermatologist for a full body scan. I knew that I would be asked to take my shoes and socks off. I had just gotten a pedi and didn't want to take my polish off. I just decided to own it, and got some nice compliments from the doctor and her GG assistant.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Busted, really? How many of your family and friends do u think your Dr will tell?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Busted, really? How many of your family and friends do u think your Dr will tell?
    True, she had better keep her mouth shut. Lawsuits are sooo messy.

I think it?s a fair guess the doctor has lots of other things to think about from honest medical things to insurance and computer hassles. A patient?s sexuality is of no more interest than their blood pressure.

I have been to the doctor (actually five different doctors) a few times in the past year or so and have always completely dressed for the occasion, including minor surgery. A complete nonissue.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Have had the same PA for years. And always wear basic color panties. She has never said anything but a few years ago told me that JCP was having a sale. Sure enough on the way home stopped at Penny's and my style of panties were on sale.

Silver Member
    Sparse hair on the legs can indicate worsening circulation in the legs (especially if you are late middle age or older.) Nail polish should be a non issue.

Maybe she was just trying to make small talk and thought the polish would be a good ice breaker.

Doctors are professionals, they don't care if you are with panties, with polish or whatever. A month ago I was at my cardiologist and he see my pierced nipples. I was very nervious.
    Enjoy your feminity!
    Last edited by char GG; 12-30-2019 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Sorry, that word is against the rules whether it's spelled out or not.

I have had to consider how painted toe nails or hair free legs and body might be viewed. Never a problem. Similar issues with going to get spectacles for wearing in femme mode. I go dressed and am addressed by my female name.