Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Busted at the doctor?s office

My surprise was when my dermatologist wanted to do a full body scan after a procedure. I had been dressed that morning but took my bra off before I left home but kept my bright green panties on. Soo when I had to strip to underwear and don the gown needless to say I died inside but did as requested. In came females dr and nurse to do the 10 minute scan. Never a word other than everything looks good and a smile.

happened to me at my yearly check at my dermatologist office, the pre-check-in girl went over my history then told me what to remove including the socks. well, I didn't remove them and when the doctor came in he also had 2 students and the nurse who takes the notes. the doctor asked if I minded the students and I agreed to let them stay. well, the doctor checked me starting at my head looking at everything then asked me to remove my socks. I was very hesitant but did it. they were very professional when they say color on my toes, I can't remember what I said but I think I remember a quick nice color comment, another time my wife had to take me to the emergency room and I had color on my toes, I was told to remove everything and put on those non-slip socks, again no big deal, if they saw my toes there was no comment. I guess we fear ourselves more than anyone fears us.

Went to have my annual last week. Bra panties tight jeans a tank top and a plaid shirt. Toes nails painted. Had no problem. His asked if I had gone to see someone about me being transgender since he doesn't do it.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Silver Member
    My Dermatologist saw my red toe nails and said, "Oh, how pretty!" Another time, having just settled in the hospital, a guy nurse came in to attach electrodes that included the ankles, and pulled my socks off exposing my red toe nails. He smiled. I said that I forgot to take the polish off. He said, no problem. We see it often. Whew!
    Last edited by Jenny22; 01-04-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    I haven't removed my nail polish on either fingers or toes for a medical appointment for over 20 years now. (*) There are reactions - usually compliments - but absolutely no consequences I've noted. Once you've seen the same practitioners a couple of times, they quickly learn it is part of me and it is no longer a subject of interest or conversation (unless they like the color!). Same for my girly piercings and tattoos.

- Diane

* - I did remove the polish once for an MRI procedure, but that would be required for any gender, and was documented in the instructions they gave me before the appointment.
    You generally don't need to remove polish for an MRI unless it contains metallic ingredients, such as glitter.
    A LOT of makeup contains metallic components, so forgo the eye shadow and mascara. OTOH, if it's your hands/feet that are being scanned, it wouldn't hurt to go sans polish for a few hours.

Surgery or something similar where they will be using one of those clip on oxygen monitors might require at least one finger without polish on it.

One of the alternate ways to use the pulse oximeters is clipped to an earlobe. That's what they usually end up doing on me anyway because even without polish, my nails are too long to fit properly in most of the devices.

- Diane

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    My Primary Care doctor is an older gentleman. Was a doc and a military officer during the Vietnam war. Photos, medals, etc on walls at his office facilities.

The annual exam is particularly embarrassing at the point when the prostate is checked. In typical military fashion, he tells me "you know the routine"!

Better to drop tidy whitees than pink panties in my case!