Thread: I'm outing myself inadvertently

I'm outing myself inadvertently

Yesterday was Christmas and there was a gift exchange. I got my brother a UM (Michigan) T-shirt and before he left he told me I had to take it back. It turned out I got him a ladies T-shirt by mistake. Not a big deal but...

My nephew spent the night last night and after waking up this morning he told me he was going to the library. When he came back he checked the mailbox which contained a Wig.com catalog. His hand was shaking and he had a flushed face when he handed me the mail.

I didn't say anything to him and he kind of knows that I've had a thing for lingerie. I canceled the mailing of these wig catalogs 6 months ago but they keep coming. Looks like 2020 might be a year of coming out at this rate.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

One of my biggest fears about buying online is landing on a mailing list. The lady at the post office already looks at me funny.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Ressie, Interesting, I hope you get to come out on your own terms and not because of some catalogs or that you got a women’s shirt by accident. I would go get the men’s version immediately and either deliver it or mail it to your brother. Good luck!
    Crissy

The biggest surprise of this thread is that there is an online retailer still sending out print catalogs. What an incredible waste of money and for that reason alone I wouldn’t shop there. They have to make that advertising budget somewhere and you can bet it’s in the prices of their wigs.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I thought Harbor Freight was the only retailer still doing that.
    My letter carrier is a GG and she handed me my mail today and she says how come you keep getting a HF catalog girls aren't into tools.
    I told her my guy side loves tools she looked at me for just a second and then she laughed and said " oh yeah" thats right I forgot for a min.
    I said thanks you can forget I have a guy side I do all the time.
    She said the letter carrier she took over for had mentioned he had a trans woman on his route.
    I said thats me I guess and she said I think of you as a woman because you sure look like one and act like one to me.
    She is pretty cool.

Interesting, I guess I better not buy a wig from them. My home is only used as the billing address since I ship to a box at a UPS store. The only place that sent something to my home is barenecessities.com. They sent me some kind of discount card in the mail right before Christmas. Fortunately I snagged it before my wife saw it.

Sandi

Ressie, I have trouble understanding your nephews reaction over a wig catalog. I must have three a month come to my house and could not care less. Though I do have a wife who wears wigs.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

the biggest concern is why someone would give a loved on a UM shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Karan View Post
    the biggest concern is why someone would give a loved on a UM shirt?

Years ago when I still getting catalog mailers, I would only use my girl name.

thanks for the replies everyone. I was in a bit of a frazzle over these events. The store had the ladies shirts in the aisle adjacent to the men's section. I've been wearing women's t-shirts enough where they don't look much different to me!

My Nephew has been staying at my place on and off throughout most of the year and he gets his mail here. He may or may not tell others that I wear wigs and I'll just roll with whatever the outcome is.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    Just roll with the punches. When my daughter was in college she had use of my credit card. Apparently she was a customer of Victoria Secret, bras and undies. Anyway, VS mailing list had my name and then came the flood of advertisements in the mailbox in my name. It was no big deal. My wife just latched onto the free panty coupons and discounts on bras. After awhile, even though my wife still bought our daughter bras and got the free panties, the advertisement dried up. Shucks!

Aspiring Member
    I was a postman for a short time. We knew what was being delivered and it was a small town. We were not supposed to talk about and you know what - we didn't.

security alert! I hate when that happens. Your nephew can always sleep in the garage. Roll with the outcome--act like it is no big deal--because it isn't.

I used to get my packages sent to my work, because nobody was home during the day.
    Soon after I started that, I started getting all kinds of catalogs and other mailings from companies I had never bought from.
    VS Woman Within Spensers, Cold Water Creek, and the list went on.
    Try explaining that to your boss and everybody else.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I thought Harbor Freight was the only retailer still doing that.
    My letter carrier is a GG and she handed me my mail today and she says how come you keep getting a HF catalog girls aren't into tools.
    I told her my guy side loves tools she looked at me for just a second and then she laughed and said " oh yeah" thats right I forgot for a min.
    I said thanks you can forget I have a guy side I do all the time.
    She said the letter carrier she took over for had mentioned he had a trans woman on his route.
    I said thats me I guess and she said I think of you as a woman because you sure look like one and act like one to me.
    She is pretty cool.
    Tracii, Well I hope you gave her something for Christmas.
    Crissy

I'm not sure how helpful this may be, but I recently ordered a pair of male polo shirts for work as part of our promo account. After getting them both embroidered, I hung them up in the closet and didn't think anything about it until I changed into the black one after setting up for a football game. I thought it was a little tight, and that the sleeves were short. It also kept coming untucked, but I chalked that up to changing in the press box.

When I tried to put my pen in the placket, I realized why it felt tight and why the sleeves and hem were short - it was a women's shirt.

Nobody else noticed though.. :-D

Well, that...or just get better at lying.

"oops, didn't put too much thought into that present. You caught me."
    "Ya, this was a joke my friends played on me."

See, lying is easy.

I'm just kidding, don't lie.

Andrea, we both noted that the XL size was smaller than a men's XL! Maybe I'm just trying to force him into wearing women's clothes!

Ginger, it's true that I didn't put much though into the present . And I'm trying to avoid lying by just keeping my mouth shut. DADT is dysfunctional but that's just the way families are sometimes.