Thread: A awesome Xmas present

A awesome Xmas present

So Xmas eve my kid wanted me to open one of my presents early, at the time I was not sure why seeing as we don't normally do that. I was presented with a very small box with about 8 miles of tape securing the wrapping paper. As I started to peel off the wrapping I could see a small box with a red end and as I peeled away further there was a logo, M∙A∙C.

Seems my kid had heard me talk many times about going to the M∙A∙C store and decided that's where they wanted to get my main gift this year. Being the brave soul's they are, my wife and kid managed to get themselves to the mall on the last Friday before Xmas and fight the crowds and make it to M∙A∙C. I have never been in there but everything is under lock and key so you have to ask for the product.

They spent some time looking at lipsticks and decided on a very nice red color called Brave Red and got it for me.

As I was still fawning over the fact that I just received a lipstick that I wanted my kid wanted me to know that they do accept and love me no matter what. I don't care what it will look like (although I am sure it will be great) because this has to be one of the most thoughtful presents I have ever recieved.
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

Wow Cynthia! That's wonderful, a truly awesome present!

You have a good situation..enjoy it ! My Daughter has gone everywhere with me since age 5,and she is 18 now..But acceptance like that from a Son is even more priceless !
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

It was nice that they got you the lipstick, but the real gift is that you have an accepting family...Merry Christmas

Wonderful family

Platinum Member
    You got the greatest gift of all: acceptance. Enjoy the lipstick. When it is used up, keep the memento as a reminder.

I think my luck star's everyday I have such a understanding family. They are both great.

Cynthia, Such a lovely story. Merry Christmas.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    That?s so very thoughtful of them
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Cynthia, that is fantastic. What an amazing gift.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Aw, that's so wonderful. I only have one kid, a 3 year old girl. She's just the best. But, I fear, I will mess her up somehow if she finds out that I crossdress. Somehow I think it'll affect her image of her dad and mess her up. I'm glad to know it's not going that way for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger82 View Post
    Aw, that's so wonderful. I only have one kid, a 3 year old girl. She's just the best. But, I fear, I will mess her up somehow if she finds out that I crossdress. Somehow I think it'll affect her image of her dad and mess her up. I'm glad to know it's not going that way for you.
    I never told mine until about 3-4 years ago after they came out to us as genderfluid, They were born female but don't identify as either. I had planned to never tell my children about my dressing, I could always dress when they were not there and I figured I would never be found out. Turns out they were the one coming out to us and at that point, it seemed like a good time to spill the beans.

Banned Read only
    Cynthia,
    It is a lovely thought and I hope you enjoy wearing it , I'm sure it will feel that little bit special .

For years I hoped I would receive something to show acceptance this year it happened , no not clothes or makeup up but a framed picture of me at my daughter's home with my granddaughter sitting on my knee , simple but very touching .

I believe the greatest gift we can give another human being is acceptance. How special! Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger82 View Post
    It does not have to "mess her up". She will grow up and honor diversity if that's how she is taught. No, you don't have to be out to her to do that. Indeed, if you have reason to be closeted it's probably best that she not know until she is old enough to understand and honor that confidence. Raise her with the right values, and she will take it in stride when you come out to her.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

So very happy for you! And the gift of acceptance is priceless beyond measure!