Thread: My first time out for the night tonight! Excited and nervous!

My first time out for the night tonight! Excited and nervous!

The wife and I are heading out to a party for tgirls and cds tonight. She is more anxious than me. I have a new wig that I love and a cute short dress. I ordered new shoes but they didnt show up yet so that is stressful. Also I am trying out a new makeup artist, so I'm worried about that as well.

I wish I could post a profile pic on here but apparently don't have that permission yet. Wish me luck tonight and I will update tomorrow.

Hi Ashley, well good for you, have a great time. Initially you will be nervous but after a while of being around friendly people that feeling will melt away. It will be a memorable event for sure.

Sandi

Davina Katherine Davina Katherine's Avatar
    Ashley, you will have a wonder time. Once you get settled into the event, you'll relax and just have fun.
    Being with a group of like minded people makes all the difference!

Jessie Mae

Relax & enjoy. Hope you have a wonderful time. You have your wife there for support which is a wonderful thing in itself. Let us know how it goes. and SMILE!!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Relax and have a great time.

Ashley,

You're entitled to be excited and nervous! I'll have a small wager with you though, I give it 5 minutes and then the nerves will have settled and the enjoyment will really start. Have fun and smile.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Good luck and learn to do your own makeup girl!

I have learned a bit about makeup but not nearly enough for my first time out in public.

You will have a great time, Ashley. Nerves are understandable but, as you will soon discover, unwarranted. My wife and I will be attending a similar event this evening, and I still haven't decided what to wear.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Have a great time!!! We will want to hear all about it.

Update from last night: After some frantic last minute shoe shopping and a dissapointing makeover, we nervously arrived at the bar. We met a lot of nice people and made a lot of small talk. After an hour, I was comfortable walking around and socializing. My wife was a bigger hit than me and she had a lot better time than she expected. All in all, it was a good first experience.

Good to hear AshleyB! A few more trips under your belt and you will be amazed at what you can do!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If it was at a T girl bar here in LA? U mite still be there!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm jealous. Sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyB View Post
    I have learned a bit about makeup but not nearly enough for my first time out in public.
    Ashley,

Most of us have gone out in our early days with little or no real sense of how to do makeup well. It's not a prerequisite for having a good time as your follow up post states.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyB View Post
    Update from last night: After some frantic last minute shoe shopping and a disappointing makeover, we nervously arrived at the bar. We met a lot of nice people and made a lot of small talk. After an hour, I was comfortable walking around and socializing. My wife was a bigger hit than me and she had a lot better time than she expected. All in all, it was a good first experience.
    We all want to look as good as we can but don't fall into the trap of believing anything short of perfection is going to lead to a disaster or that the lynch mobs will appear. Have faith in your own ability. Self belief and confidence will carry you further than any foundation ever will.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Thanks Helen. I was just nervous and wanted to make everything that I could control go well. It was stressful but I loved being out in public at a bar.

Silver Member
    Next time it will be even easier since you know what to expect and since your wife had a good time as well she might want to go again.

All the less than perfect stuff aside, what about the experience did you find so satisfying?

Kelly,

It was the first time that I could fully enjoy being Ashley. Being dressed and liking the way I looked and not having to hide. Being able to interact with complete strangers as Ashley.

I kinda thought so, and I know exactly what you mean, Ashley. It's not about the clothes, or the hair, or the makeup and jewelry. Sure, those things matter, because they are a normal (setting aside the exhibitionists and fetishists) part of the expression of femininity. The satisfaction comes from being who you are and interacting with others that way.

Here's hoping you continue to find it that way.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".