To say the least it was memorable mainly because close to lunchtime on Christmas eve I was suddenly invited over for that evening as well! on Christmas day I made my way next door for coffee, Olivier one who knew but had never seen me dressed before greeted me warmly then the grand daughter and boyfriend turned up again the same with both of them, no second glances, no quizicle looks and "tell me more" I was just accepted as a normal human being! on Christmas day we all ate ourselves silly but that is what the day is for at least it was when I was at home with my parents.
I had been invited to stay over night because of drinking (not all that much but any drink is too much for driving) and in the afternoon I was asked to help finish of the food the next day (26th Dec) more drink followed and I ended up staying another night with friends old and new!
I finally came home yesterday afternoon to find I had no internet or telephone connection! but it righted itself by the time I went to bed.
Paul and Dianne just down the road who I thought I was losing over my dressing were just as before at coffee in my brasserie this morning, so the expats that matter to me have not deserted me at all and those that have were not the friends I thought I they were.
But this Christmas will be one to remember for a long time seeing as all of the previous Christmases from 2013 have been spent on my own.
A truly lovely way to finish off the year!