Thread: Amusing thing happened at Lane Bryant

Amusing thing happened at Lane Bryant

My wife bought a really cute black and red plaid dress to wear to my Christmas party. The night of the party, it was too cool to wear it without a sweater, and she did?t have anything that looked nice enough to go with it. So, she wore something else.

Things have been real busy around here, so I didn?t get a chance to go shopping for her until Christmas Eve. The SA at LB was probably mid 30?s. I told her what I was looking for and she started showing me the different sweaters. The first couple were too ?grandma-ish?. I told the SA that, and she said, ?OK, something for a grandma that doesn?t like being a grandma.? I corrected her, and told her that she loves being a grandma, just not looking like one. So, she showed me various ones, that I critiqued the cut, or the color, or something with comments about how it would look with a particular dress, or how versatile it would be. She mentioned she would be lucky if her husband remembered she wanted a sweater, much less knew anything about her style.

We narrowed it down to 3 nice looking sweaters. I started holding them up to myself, to check out the length. The SA asked if she was the same height as me, and I explained that, no, she was shorter, but I could tell where it would fall on her, by where it fell on me. Of course that really raised an eyebrow.

I picked the one I liked, and she led me to the register. She then asked, ?Does she have a phone number for her rewards account with us?? I rattled off her number, and in a surprised tone she said my wife?s name, I said that?s her, and she said, ?It really is for your wife, isn?t it?? I just laughed and told her it really was...this time.

When my wife opened it the next morning, she told our adult daughters that it was exactly the one she had shown them that she liked, the night before.

When I got a chance to tell her about my exchange with the SA, she laughed, and said, ?She thought it was for you, didn?t she??
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    LOL funny how things work out like that.
    Great story.

Okay, now THAT'S a cute story! You and your wife should shop together when that SA is on duty and double down her commission
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

That is just a lovely must stranded story with all good outcomes.

Platinum Member
    So funny! Well, the SA was half right. She knew you knew waaaay too much for the average last minute male shopper!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Darla, That is a cute story. You are a great husband.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    I second the "great husband." I am always amazed people look askance when a husband knows something about his wife's preferences and style. Once a comment was made to me and I looked the person in the face and told her after almost fifty years of marriage you'd think a wife would expect her husband to know something about her likes and dislikes. I think too many men think it is "unmanly" to buy a wife clothing.

Darla, thanks for sharing this with us. It was awesome that your wife was looking at the same sweater. It is equally awesome that the SA was intune with you and very helpful. Cheers
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

I do a lot of shopping at Lane Bryant. I dated a manager there for awhile.

She told me that, depending on the market, up to 20 percent of their customers can be gals like us. Though, it is usually between 5 and 7 percent. She also noted that we spent more than the GGs did; typically.

They actually have Corporate guidance and training for their employees in order to make the community feel more at home and they like to stress a good shopping experience. While I have seen surprised looks, they have all recovered quickly and were very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Macey View Post
    Okay, now THAT'S a cute story! You and your wife should shop together when that SA is on duty and double down her commission
    Good idea. My bride said the same thing.
    Mostly a "manly man" but sometimes I really am overcome with an inner desire...