Thread: Hollidays so why not?

Hollidays so why not?

Why not get dressed up and go out? No reason I can think of.
    Friday I got my nails done, Gels in a light pink.
    Today got dressed and went out to West Edmonton Mall. Mostly just window shopping.
    Wore my hair tied back revealing my face for the first time. Normally I wear it down covering part of my face.
    It wasn't very crowded surprisingly, Lots of teenage girls around though.
    I did not get even a second look or comment from anyone so I guess I did something right.
    In total I spent a good two hours walking around the place and felt comfortable the whole time.
    I guess what I am saying is if your comfortable with yourself theirs really no reason you shouldn't go out.
    All it takes one step followed by another.

Hugs Brenda.

Dress and act like a lady than you should expect to be treated like one.

So what you found is to be expected, it's what I have found.

I go and do everything dressed, it is just normal for me.

But there are things you may want to watch out for if you are not out like me.

I run into my friends all the time. Just a couple days ago I was leaving the tanning salon. I looked left to say goodbye as I was walking through the lobby. Just than a door opened to my right, someone was leaving right behind me . I open the front door, as I walk out and hold the door for whoever is behind me comes, "Hi Jean, how are you". I turn to a big hug from one of my friends.

Yesterday my roommate and I are getting out of my car at the grocery store. I getting bags, don't ask, if you live in CA you know. Anyway I turn and my roommate is hugging someone. Oh it's one of your friends we haven't seen in awhile. Yes, another big "Hi Jean" followed by a hug, as that's what woman do.

Good for you! Happy New Year!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like you looked like any other woman there so good for you.
    A mistake a lot of Cders make is try to hide part of their face with a wig or pull the front of the wig too far down.
    Your hair line isn't supposed to be 1/2 an inch above your eyebrows.
    Just looks unnatural IMO.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 12-30-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Brenda,

Lovely to read you had such a pleasant experience. Whether by accident or design you hit upon one of the big things for a successful outing, confidence.

As Tracii says, trying to hide doesn't work. It makes you look furtive, as if you're doing something wrong. Acting absolutely normally while not a cloak of invisibility does help you merge into the crowd.

If interacting with others having confidence elicits a more positive response from those you engage with. That further adds to not only the experience but also your confidence.

Brenda, glad that you got out on your own terms.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Benda,
    So good to read you made that decision , it does get easier .

Yesterday for instance , I decided to go to a matinee showing at the cinema in my old home town to see " Le Mans " staring Matt Damon but first I had to go to a DIY store , then onto a busy supermarket to get my favourite pizzas . Being New Year's eve it was very busy but as you say just be yourself and feel comfortable and don't be furtive , look them straight in the eye and smile .