Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here I go again

Sounds like what has happened to a lot of us. Two years ago I purged for the second time (big mistake). When I began dressing again my wife said "I knew you would return" Thankfully I told her on our second date; going on the assumption that she deserved to know before we proceeded any further in our relationship, and also not telling her until later in our relationship/marriage would raise issues of trust. Thankfully she was ok with that part of my persona. She has seen me dressed many times, we joke about it, she picks up clothes for me, etc. She however does not participate. I will soon be seeing a therapist, which she fully agreed with, to sort out my feelings and desires. Finding a balance is key. If you are in a loving relationship, which I like to think we are, compromise is essential. Both our feelings count, and the sooner we understand and proceed from that point the better the relationship will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    I can empathize. My religion condemns crossdressing, and i am torn inside out with conflict and guilt all my life. Sometimes, us in great conflict and torn inside out need to just vent our sorrows or die!
    I find it hard to understand how a religion can condemn crossdressing. 2000 or 3000 years ago when the religious texts of many religions were written, there wasn't much difference between what men wore and women wore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi Beech View Post
    Hi Simone, I have a lot of the same feelings. I know my wife will never cave in on the dressing. I don?t push my luck because I don?t want to hurt her and don't want the fights it would bring on if I forced the issue, so I choose to dress in secret. I have a very long introduction that goes into the details. My only take on it is that you are not alone, and I can sympathize with your situation.

Best wishes for the new year

Sandi
    I guess my wife and I went in the other direction. She knows I dress and she knows that I go out and about dressed. But I can't dress at home, at least when she's home. She's never gone long enough to safely dress at home, so it's easiest not to.

She did create a monster inadvertently. She let me go to the Keystone Conference 9 years ago thinking I'd get it out of my system. I'm glad she didn't do any research before allowing me to go. As we know, crossdressing more does not getit out of the system. I've had a free pass for Keystone ever since.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.