Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the feeling of a bra

the feeling of a bra

i'm new here and have a lot of questions so sorry ahead of time if I ask to much. three days ago out of nowhere I told my wife. she's very understanding but doesn't get it. how do i explain to her the feeling you get when you put on a bra?
    she's baffled and says for a woman it's the most uncomfortable thing in the world.
    thx,
    Ginny

My wife doesn't get it either!

She laughs about us. I get home, strip off the guy clothes and dress many evenings. She gets home strips off he work clothing, which is fashionable for work, some days a skirt and heels, then puts on a t-shirt and leggings. She says that I dress, and she undresses!

lol, it is kind of backwards.
    out of curiosity how long did she know before she saw you dressed?

I was dressing when she was out or when I was out of town for a few years, then one day she found a pair of panties. That was maybe three years ago. Since then we have gone the whole route from NO DRESSING! to DADT and she gradually came around, about 18 months ago ago. I dress in front of her now, but she doesn't care for the fake boobs, but is accepting. She enjoys when we both dress in lingerie, stockings and garters, nighties and high heels, so that is our fun together. We will also sit and do our nails together.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its the first thing I take off when I get home I don't like wearing a bra so I don't get it either.
    I think its just because you think you aren't supposed to like it that you do like it.
    Do you carry a lot of guilt over your dressing or your girly feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnifer Wilde View Post
    how do i explain to her the feeling you get when you put on a bra?
    A bra is like a constant hug, unless it is comfortable and sized properly, then you might even forget you are wearing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnifer Wilde View Post
    for a woman it's the most uncomfortable thing in the world.
    Many years ago my wife asked me for help finding the right bra. While she still takes if off when she gets home from work, she no longer complains about it.

As a GG, it is baffling to think about as more often then not bras are awwwwful, but at the same time... I think I personally understand it if I think about how I feel when I get a new bra that fits just right, and holds the girls up as it should..it?s fun and can be quite sexy! That?s how I am seeing things when I see my SO dressed up. 😊

Platinum Member
    When our daughter at the age of three pulled open the bottom draw of my armoire, opened a large box with a vivid red Vanity Fair bra in it,and, yanked it out my wife and I had "The Talk." She said she had no idea why a man would wear a bra when he had "nothing to pack into it." Early in our marriage (before kids) we had incorporated negligees and hosiery for me into "bedroom play." I suppose she considered that to be a fetish since I had told her I liked the feel of nylon which was true. It's funny how slowly a man can progress into the world of cross dressing.

As far as a your wife's statement "it's the most uncomfortable thing in the world" my wife is in total agreement. In hot weather she'll yank that thing off as quickly as possible.

In my case, the tangible feeling of the bra itself is neither here nor there ( welcome to the community, btw! ). I'm not really a bra person - I only have one that I use when I dress. It's very no-frill. I bought two others which are stylish which I thought I admired from afar, but they lost their appeal as soon as I got them.

A regular guy might be satisfied with the body type I worked on developing, but for me, it's a constant source of day-to-day discomfort 😥. ( A cis-person should be capable of some understanding of this without requiring too much imagination, but they might choose not to want to try because it would overcome the inertia of greater tectonics ). I still work on maintaining shape because to let it go would not send it in the correct direction. The pecs are reasonable, and I take advantage of the definition of their tops, but they end too high up. I need to pad them from below, hence the bra with some ballast. Then with a garment over the top ( and a load more ballast ), it helps creates a pacifying shape 😌.

So what the bra delivers for me is intangible, but that kind of need might make a genetic female SO more uncomfortable than if it were tangible. Understandably.

( Incidentally, the fortified waist bands of 5 or 6 pairs of padded underwear that I use to pad out my hips does eventually start to hurt when being pressed down by a cincher and a shaper. Still, the physical pain is the lesser of two evils. In the case of a genetic female, it would be all pain and probably no intangible gain; so without a description of the full picture, I can see why one wouldn't understand it ).

- L.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    A bra is like a constant hug, unless it is comfortable and sized properly, then you might even forget you are wearing one.
    Yes! A hug!

Back in the '70s women burned their bras to show that they were liberated. Today, when I wear a bra, I feel liberated.

yes I did feel guilt and was ashamed as that's not how a MAN is supposed to be and the burden of the secret finally got to me. I have only researched it in the last week and reading forums and such and realize i'm not alone. so now i'm trying to accept it as well since it seems that it's something I don't have a choice about.

I agree with the feeling of being hugged all day. In addition, bras make me feel pretty. That's something I know my wife would never understand.

I love wearing a bra. I'm not sure why either. I don't understand it myself but I do know I like it a lot! It makes me happy. My only problem is my concern of what others will do or think. That's actually more on me than anyone else.

So my wife doesn't understand it either but she knows it makes me happy and she's all for that!

Also...if I don't understand it myself, how could she?

Welcome, it is a different world, or maybe it's just me.

Yes a bra can be much more than just a supporting device. It's something that is only worn by woman. As such for some it can be a symbol of such.

The bra itself can be hot and uncomfortable depending on the bra. Than the right bra can make a difference.

I'm not big on bras, but I do wear one everyday now. I wear a bralette to work for support. When I go to out I wear a push-up bra. For me it's when you are pushing your breast to enhance your figure that they can be uncomfortable. The price of fashion,
    and/or vanity.

It's the promise of femininity that we long for, and can never really achieve.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

With OP's wife here , I will be glad to never wear one again . Actually for the last 18 months I have been rebelling and have not worn them much at all .
    I keep one in my purse for emergencies but I am just so tired of them .
    IG : Knightress Oxide

There really is no article of clothing more feminine than a bra, as it is the one item that has no male equivalent.
    Last edited by Patience; 01-03-2020 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Rien a dire...
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

My supportive wife shares her feelings about bras, hose, and heels with many other GG?s. She doesn?t understand my love comfort and enjoyment of wearing things she destains. She often teases me with, ?I can?t wait to put on what she can?t wait to take off?. All my bras are underwires. They fit perfectly and are so comfortable. I wear a bra most days and nights, as I both love the feeling of the bra especially when wearing silicone forms. On days I can?t wear a bra, I feel like something is missing. I also wear panties and hose most days. This doesn?t include shapers or waist clinchers at which she just rolls her eyes. Neither of us understand my dressing needs, but her support along with a great sense of humor is wonderful. I?m very fortunate.

I’m with your wife. They’re a horribly uncomfortable necessary evil.

I was asked why I wear one so much and I just laughed and told my wife ... If I don't wear mine my boobs fall off.

Ever since I can remember I wanted breasts. When I came out to my wife I already had a pair of silicone forms and I really can't explain how I feel when I wear a bra. Many other things feel feminine, but my bra and forms are just the ultimate feminine expression. I'd love to have implants or take hormones, but I don't really see that happening, so I'll just enjoy all my pretty bras.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Ginny,
    The novelty has worn off but I really don't mind wearing one everyday , nothing fancy just something comfortable to give me the right shape . Maybe it's because I don't go for a huge bust that I don't have any problems with being hot and uncomfortable .

Having responded once I would like to add that our bras add shape to us up top...which is nice. If there were a way to slip on a pair of panties, (like we do our bras,) that would add shape to my hips and thighs like a bra does my chest I would under dress incrementally to the size I want my behind to be. Who cares they think I'm getting a big behind, my pants would stay up better!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I was asked why I wear one so much and I just laughed and told my wife ... If I don't wear mine my boobs fall off.

Ever since I can remember I wanted breasts. When I came out to my wife I already had a pair of silicone forms and I really can't explain how I feel when I wear a bra. Many other things feel feminine, but my bra and forms are just the ultimate feminine expression. I'd love to have implants or take hormones, but I don't really see that happening, so I'll just enjoy all my pretty bras.
    Cheryl,

I feel you've hit the nail on the head. No bra, no boobs.

I personally have no desire to wear a bra without forms. Underdressing in one sans forms holds no draw for me. Somewhat pointless if you'll pardon the imagery.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    Hello Ginny,

Welcome to the community!

I have 4 "bras" I own and each one serves a different purpose. I wear a bra everyday.

My first one I ever owned and still use to this day is a black bra with lace cups. They produce no shape unless I put in forms or the like. I use it without anything so I still have the feeling of wearing a bra when I need to look less like a woman and back to being in drab lol

The next two are similar, they are both sports bras one black one blue. The black one has bigger cups on it so it depends on my mood and how much I'd like to make it obvious that I'm wearing a bra. Usually this is what I wore to work or band practice.

My favorite one that I wear damn near every day every moment is one my girlfriend went out with me and picked out for me. It's mostly white with black lace. It's a padded pushup bra intended to make an A cup look like a C cup. I tighten the shoulder straps and wear it slightly higher and voila it appears like I have the real thing or at least breast forms lol

I feel like myself when I wear a bra. I've gone most of my life wearing clothes 3 sizes too big so I'm def enjoying the feeling of fabric and such on my skin, hugging me.

I hope you have a fantabulous day!
    Live, laugh, love!

I have several bras all Bali Flower underwire. I have gynecomastia and have small A cup breast, I buy the Bali underwire and the smallest size is a B cup. I don't fill it out but it gives me (one side is fuller than the other ) a good feeling and is comfortable all day; I also have small silicone breast forms if I want a little more roundness. Yes I am a bra person and feel more complete with one on ……………………………..Debra