Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the feeling of a bra

Platinum Member
    Hi Gennifer , The feeling of putting on a bra is something that you have to
    experience for your self, It is like a all day HUG.

A bra and Heels are the two most feminine things that you can wear.>Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

She may need to get a bra fitting and some advice which ones will work for her best. It did for my wife and me.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar
    You stated in a previous post you been dressing since an early age. Same here basically 60 years for me. It is inside your head in my opinion at birth for some of us, it provides a calm felling for me. I need a bra for that calmness it can be an a cup, etc size does not matter for the calm feeling. Band fit is vital for long term wear.

Silver Member
    I own lots of bras and have worn them for over 50 years. One of the problems women have is they wear the wrong bra. My wife included. I have always had boobs. Hated swimming or any other thing that exposed my chest. I was teased and guys grabbed me like they did girls developing at the same age. I've never been fat.

I always thought bras were sexy and loved seeing girls wearing bras. Back in the 50 60s girls wore nylon tops that showed their lace slip bodice and bra. Today I wear bras nearly full time. I don't wear bands that are too tight but do hold the girls in position. A few years ago I had a bra on and my wife asked if I had my bra stuffed she was amazed that it was all me.

JMHO:

Wearing female attire, immersing ourselves in female specific behaviors, pretending that we are female, may all be just ways of calming the GID that churns away in our subconscious. All these things we do, give us visual, tactile, even olfactory and auditory stimuli that signals to us that we are actually female; it makes us feel as if we actually are what we feel we're supposed to be.
    How else to explain why women constantly tell us that their clothes aren't as comfortable to wear as men's?
    It's not actually physical comfort that we're after; look at all those here who willingly crave to wear corsets and shoes that we know hurt the feet (I've heard all the lies too, but heels hurt: Otherwise, women wouldn't be shucking them off as soon as they can once the party is over). No one wears heels as long distance walking shoes. Female commuters all to often carry their pretty shoes, and wear sneakers to and from the workplace, only to change into the pretty things once they get there.
    It's psychological comfort, that allows us to feel like we are what we want to be.
    Which, of course, is exactly what every female SO dreads hearing from her male partner. So we bury that information forever, especially to ourselves, because it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    JMHO:

Wearing female attire, immersing ourselves in female specific behaviors, pretending that we are female, may all be just ways of calming the GID that churns away in our subconscious. All these things we do, give us visual, tactile, even olfactory and auditory stimuli that signals to us that we are actually female; it makes us feel as if we actually are what we feel we're supposed to be.
    How else to explain why women constantly tell us that their clothes aren't as comfortable to wear as men's?
    It's not actually physical comfort that we're after; look at all those here who willingly crave to wear corsets and shoes that we know hurt the feet (I've heard all the lies too, but heels hurt: Otherwise, women wouldn't be shucking them off as soon as they can once the party is over). No one wears heels as long distance walking shoes. Female commuters all to often carry their pretty shoes, and wear sneakers to and from the workplace, only to change into the pretty things once they get there.
    It's psychological comfort, that allows us to feel like we are what we want to be.
    Which, of course, is exactly what every female SO dreads hearing from her male partner. So we bury that information forever, especially to ourselves, because it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
    Yes, yes, yes! 100%. Well said. This speaks for me perfectly. Nancy

pretending that we are female
    Be careful, there are some here who don't take kindly to using the word "pretending", no matter how accurate. I have felt the wrath.

JMHO:

Very wise words indeed

A bra is the first item I put on and the last I take off. To me, it?s the most feminine thing I can wear. A lot of clothes nowadays kind of blend from female to male. Pants, shirts and even some panties can look like either but a bra cannot look masculine no matter what.

When dressing for "Just around the house" I frequently leave the bra and girls packed away. but If I am going out, on they go. I do it more for the look I want to have when I am out. It is the general feel of the cloths that I like, not the bras.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 01-06-2020 at 02:36 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Ginnifer I think most of us feel that guilt. I certainly no matter how much I talk about with my SO which isn't much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Banned Read only
    Ginnifer, this is a great thread you started, and you've had some fine answers here. I agree in particular with Jean, Patience, NancyJ, valerie anne, Lea, sometimes_miss, and Celee: that a bra is the most definitively and uniquely female item of clothing that we can possibly wear. That point alone is worth elaborating on at length, but I won't do it here, since this post is long enough already!

A personal comment: at home, I often toss on nothing but a skirt and panties. Most of the year it's hot here in Phoenix where I live, but I'm a "warm weather" person anyway and never liked wearing too much clothing. In "guy mode" it's bare feet and shorts without a shirt, unless I need a shirt and shoes to go out; I've gone through some winters here in shorts, with a sweater or jacket when necessary.

That in itself is an interesting difference between male and female clothing preferences. I think men often prefer (for whatever reason) to "feel protected" by clothing, with heavy boots, flannel workshirt and other "masculine" items: possibly because the masculine expectation is to have to do "tough" jobs where protection is necessary. Women on the other hand don't mind dressing more lightly in "revealing" clothing, from "off the shoulder" dresses to bikinis. Women are the "protected sex" anyway, and may feel naturally free to take advantage of this in displaying themselves. So although I'm perfectly comfortable and do enjoy being in a male role, my preference for "less and lighter" clothing could well be seen as a "feminine" one. Hence the skirt and panties and nothing else. "Feminine" no doubt, but not "completely" feminine as outfits go. You might say they "satisfy my feminine side" while remaining light, casual and comfortable.

However, there are plenty of times I just feel "I've got to be completely female," and feel like a woman. That's the time for a blouse and bra. Or a dress; or a blouse and pants. Or pants and a sweater, whatever--though always with a bra underneath. I don't mind wearing pants--women's pants, of course--when it's what's on top that counts. When I put on a bra, I've crossed the line from mere "femininity" into womanhood.

It's interesting that we think of the primary anatomical difference between the sexes as what we have below the waist. Likewise, in modern Western culture at least, the primary sartorial difference between the sexes is also "below the waist": that "men wear pants and women wear skirts"--as we see in the silhouettes on public restroom doors.

Yet that's far from the whole story! So much of the difference is above the waist!--starting from the hairstyle of course, and the all-important feminine face--but extending through the shoulders down to the breasts, the very symbol of femaleness in the form of nurturing motherhood. Women don't "advertise" their genital organs. These are quite literally "private" parts, always kept modestly hidden. But women do "advertise" their breasts, that most prominently visible and provocative symbol of proud womanhood. Jutting out from the front, breasts are both "assertive" of womanhood, yet at the same time "vulnerable" to touch. Though normally covered, a woman's breasts could be regarded as her "public parts" symbolizing her sex. If we're uncertain about the sex of a person we've noticed; if the clothes or the face give us few clues--which can happen frequently these days!--we're likely to look at the chest area for confirmation.

So the bra is an essential component of this appearance, holding the breasts upward and forward, to assert and to tempt at the same time. What could be more quintessentially female? The very feeling of wearing a bra, hugging the chest while presenting the breasts forward, is essential to any person born male who wants to experience this imagined "female feeling" of having breasts, which he/she could never otherwise experience.

After slipping on a pair of panties, we forget we're wearing them. A skirt feels different, true; but even that is easily forgotten because it's normally so comfortable. But a bra reminds us of the femaleness we're seeking. Usually people don't want the feel of their clothing to be intrusive. But many of us as crossdressers want the opposite.

All this was so beautifully expressed by numerous posters here, whom I congratulate for their clarity and eloquence. In summary, the answer to your wife is in two parts. First, the uniqueness of the bra, unlike any other item of clothing, as definitive of womanhood:

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    There really is no article of clothing more feminine than a bra, as it is the one item that has no male equivalent.
    And second, the wish to consciously experience the sensuality of female clothing:

All these things we do, give us visual, tactile, even olfactory and auditory stimuli that signals to us that we are actually female; it makes us feel as if we actually are what we feel we're supposed to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyJ View Post
    I want to experience what it feels like to have a female body. When I wear my forms, I not only want to see the shape, but feel the weight and bounce. If women feel uncomfortable with bras, I want to share in that, too. Although they are very different sensations, I?ve wanted to experience the feeling of ear rings dangling against my neck, lipstick on my lips, a cool breeze against my skirted legs ? these are things that women feel, and I want to feel like a woman! Nancy
    Deliciously put! I agree wholeheartedly!

I feel more secure wearing a bra.
    I feel naked without one.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnifer Wilde View Post
    how do i explain to her the feeling you get when you put on a bra?
    she's baffled and says for a woman it's the most uncomfortable thing in the world.
    Since I don't have real breasts, I would guess that women cannot wait for an opportunity to take it off. I wear my bras for a few hours at a time, not all day. Also I think their level of comfort with a bra depends on what kind of bra they choose to wear for the day. I have not felt discomfort when wearing any of my bras, although on occasion they can feel a little tight.
    I would tell her it feels great when I put on a bra, like its gently hugging my body. And it also makes me feel very feminine as well, since bras are prominently for women. I love strapping in my girls into a bra, and also feeling hot and sexy because the bra is helping to make them look sexier.

Silver Member
    Sometimes Miss said,"It's psychological comfort, that allows us to feel like we are what we want to be." How true! I wear a bra from almost the moment I rise until I retire. My girls must lend the visual appearance to all who look when I'm out and help to confirm my femininity. It's been said many times, but I, too, love the day long bra hug.

Any thoughts about "the feeling of a bra" when a supervisor pats you on the back for a job well done, while your innocently underdressing with a bra?

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Sometimes Miss said,"It's psychological comfort, that allows us to feel like we are what we want to be." How true! I wear a bra from almost the moment I rise until I retire...
    Until recently I've been the opposite, not wearing a bra during the day but wearing a "sleep bra" during the night (probably similar to a bralette).

Now I mostly wear a full cup lacy underwired bra during the day and a sleep bra overnight.

@Denice - Male, female, other, I'd say that was unwanted physical contact. Though I personally have the safety net of being retired so my livelihood is not dependent on having to "grin and bear it".

Quote Originally Posted by Amalou View Post
    Until recently I've been the opposite, not wearing a bra during the day but wearing a "sleep bra" during the night (probably similar to a bralette).

Now I mostly wear a full cup lacy underwired bra during the day and a sleep bra overnight.

@Denice - Male, female, other, I'd say that was unwanted physical contact. Though I personally have the safety net of being retired so my livelihood is not dependent on having to "grin and bear it".
    Truth is I wasn't just under dressing. It's obvious to anyone with eyes that the shirts I wear button on the opposite side from which my gender dictates. (Not to mention the fantastic Calvin Klein coat I wear when it's cold.) It's an open secret, I suppose, that I'm bending my gender with my wardrobe. I'm fortunate that the job I do has an incredible amount of turn over. They can't afford to make an issue about my little predilections. Just wondering if anyone else experienced the same situation.

I'm in the group where wearing a bra is simply a necessity to keep my breast forms in place. However, I do enjoy the final look of a nice sexy lacy bra and panty set. With a bra and breast forms it helps me feel more feminine because of the change in my centre of gravity. The only thing that feels better is when I can glue on my breast forms and go braless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnifer Wilde View Post
    i'm new here and have a lot of questions so sorry ahead of time if I ask to much. three days ago out of nowhere I told my wife. she's very understanding but doesn't get it. how do i explain to her the feeling you get when you put on a bra?
    she's baffled and says for a woman it's the most uncomfortable thing in the world.
    thx,
    Ginny
    I personally have some dysphoria around my chest. I've always had a broad chest with just enough extra fat to make me feel like I have breasts that I don't know what to do with. Wearing a proper-fitting bra just helps me feel at peace with that feeling. It also helps me feel more feminine throughout my day... and that's always a plus.

I have a few bras, and to be quite honest I forget I am wearing one if it fits right. This can be trouble as I have forgotten that I am still wearing it under my clothes. So I love it!

So very true Patience x

Over the past few years, I have lost close to 40 pounds; 38" waist to a 32"...
    Where before I was trying to force myself into whatever bra would go over a 42 A chest and using forms to fill , I now have a legitimate 38 B chest.

The up side of this is that bras that are actually made for my size fit very well and are quite comfortable. I honestly often forget I have one on.
    The down side is I have become addicted to a site called Adore Me that sells the cutest bra and panty sets...
    But you all know how that goes, right???

I will admit there are definitely psychological difference in the way I look at my wearing a bra to the way a GG would see it, but one of my primary reasons is probably the same: I like the way I look with the support and shaping a bra provides.
    The fact that they are actually my size and I don't have to wear forms is mostly likely subconscious validation of the feminine nature behind my cross-dressing, but that's a different thread.

Other than that, what can I say other than "it just feels right."
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I've read several reports over the years that well over half of the bras that women buy are the wrong size. It's not hard to imagine then that they would feel discomfort just from the fit problems. Add to that the chaffing and moisture in summer and it's likely that most women would really rather avoid them altogether.

Seeing the commentary in this thread made me recall similar reactions to wearing nylons. Seems like you either love or hate certain types of clothes.

For myself, I have quite a few very comfortable bras that I wear with concave-back forms that fit my natural breast. Once they have warmed up they feel very "natural", or close as I imagine.

Hi Denice

I also wear female clothes to work. The sound of heeled oxfords and booties is very distinctive on a linoleum floor!
    But I've yet to wear a bra or stilettos outside the house.

Marion