Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the feeling of a bra

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    I feel you've hit the nail on the head. No bra, no boobs. I personally have no desire to wear a bra without forms. Underdressing in one sans forms holds no draw for me. Somewhat pointless if you'll pardon the imagery.
    I totally agree with Helen. If the bra fits correctly you should not feel the band unless your mind is geared to "Hey, I'm wearing a bra! But you cannot see it." If you need an A cup, so be it. If you're a larger, much larger, size I suspect you're going to feel the "tug" not the "hug" at the shoulders. I know of three women who needed breast reduction surgery because of the weight "tugging" down at the shoulders and chest wall. If your breast forms are of a larger size and have the consistency of human breast tissue, then you should feel the tugging at the shoulder straps. If you're going to wear an ill fitting bra, and, I see many women who look as if they're stuffed sausages, then yes you're going to feel the "hug." At my stage of the game, whether in male or female clothing, I want everything to fit right and feel right, which basically means I do not want to be stuffed into my clothes.

thank you for all the input. just one day of being on here I feel so much better. for me nothing is more feminine than nice curvy breasts and a bra symbolizes that like nothing else. plus I don't get to dress much so when I do it's that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I was asked why I wear one so much and I just laughed and told my wife ... If I don't wear mine my boobs fall off.

Ever since I can remember I wanted breasts. When I came out to my wife I already had a pair of silicone forms and I really can't explain how I feel when I wear a bra. Many other things feel feminine, but my bra and forms are just the ultimate feminine expression. I'd love to have implants or take hormones, but I don't really see that happening, so I'll just enjoy all my pretty bras.
    Same here. Now that I have breast forms, I need bras to hold them in place. There's just something about looking down and seeing breast mounds on your chest. And having 3 different sized breast forms, I have various sized bras to accommodate them.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Bras R uncomfortable, Ginni. The only reason I wear them is to keep my forms from falling to my waist!

Why don't u tell her the real reason u like to wear them? Maybe because it's a fetish for u?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-04-2020 at 01:37 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    I wear bras that are comfortable. Most women wear bras that are not. My wife is a classic example in that she is wearing a bras too tight. Most women I know don't work at finding their size. I did at times but figured out that bras could be comfortable. I have always found girls/women were sexy when wearing bras.

I agree with Patience. It is precisely BECAUSE a bra is uniquely a woman?s article of clothing that I want to wear it. As much as is possible, I want to experience what it feels like to have a female body. When I wear my forms, I not only want to see the shape, but feel the weight and bounce. If women feel uncomfortable with bras, I want to share in that, too. Although they are very different sensations, I’ve wanted to experience the feeling of ear rings dangling against my neck, lipstick on my lips, a cool breeze against my skirted legs — these are things that women feel, and I want to feel like a woman! Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    I wear bras that are comfortable. Most women wear bras that are not. My wife is a classic example in that she is wearing a bras too tight. Most women I know don't work at finding their size. I did at times but figured out that bras could be comfortable. I have always found girls/women were sexy when wearing bras.
    It can be difficult to find a bra that fits correctly, especially if you are between sizes. With most brands/styles a D cup is too small and a DD is too large for me. For support I go with the slightly smaller cup and just spill out a bit. But, it is not the band or cup that is uncomfortable for me. It is the constant pressure of the straps that get to me and make me look forward to getting home and taking the damn bra off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchess View Post
    With OP's wife here , I will be glad to never wear one again . Actually for the last 18 months I have been rebelling and have not worn them much at all .
    I keep one in my purse for emergencies but I am just so tired of them .
    I have to admit that I have been rebelling too. When I go grocery shopping I get remarkable service from the butcher and the produce guy. It happened yesterday. No need to wear makeup when I go bra-less. Lol

All that being said, I get the need to wear a bra for shaping purposes. I also understand it meets some other "needs." I was there at one time. But, now I know that these things are somewhat different than what a woman needs or feels.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 01-03-2020 at 10:37 AM.

A properly fitting bra should be a joy to wear not an encumberance i think I have been lucky all of mine are comfortable and at the end of the day yes it comes off but not because it was uncomfortable it was because of bedtime.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Aspiring Member
    I have several Brassiere that I wear and are really comfortable, right now I am at work wearing a Triump Brassiere, I have one I sleep in too, I at first was a bit hesitant to try it on, now its addictive.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

I would be lost without a bra. I am a droopy C cup, and going downstairs without any support can be "thumpy".

I need the lift, plus some padding for modesty. Plus I feel so feminine when showing some firm shape. I wear chicken fillets to give myself some extra boost to D cup, which is just what I need to fill out low cut tops and dresses.

I feel so sexy when presenting a full bust, whilst being held by a really firm bra band and tight straps.

I look forward to wearing them because they are usually an exclusive item just for women. I enjoy knowing that I am able to share that experience.

I have chances to dress for lengthy time frames of up to 45 days so I have a lot of time in a bra. Most of my bras I do not find uncomfortable. For the most part I am not aware of the bra. I have couple that I usually do not wear as they do become disagreeable. One of them is the same size, same manufacture and same style as one my favorite bras.

In the summer my forms are more of the problem over bras. The heat build under the forms.

Gold Member
    I have been wearing a Bra 24/7 for over 8 years. I just can't be with out it.
    When my Wife was alive; she would ask me when she came home from work to unhook her Bra.
    She then would ask me where is my bra, go get it and I will hook you up.
    Some one should wear a Bra in this house.
    Rader

To feel good a bra has to fit properly and this doesn't just happen, it takes a lot of trial and error. So my wife and I have our own choices - mine don't suit her and her's don't suit me. It is the one item of clothing we don't share.
    If you are serious go to a lingerie outlet and have a fitting done by a professional. You will learn a lot n a few minutes.

I do not get it also.
    For me the girls need to stay in place.
    I only wear them because just in case my forms need some help.
    I love going out with out a bra on and how they pull on me.

I find bra’s incredibly sexy, I’m often thinking about different styles I would like to wear.
    When I get the chance to dress I really enjoy the feeling and look of a bra.

Aspiring Member
    I have several bras. I can dress (DADT) for several hours each week, also for some time just with bra and forms under drab for a couple of hours when the SO is out.

I can also dress almost every night in bra, forms and nightdress as we sleep separately ? we both sleep badly otherwise.

Two are encompassing heavy duty bras that provide good support for the forms. Years ago my SO and I happened to disturb a large lady sunbathing and she dashed into her house and came back after she had ?put on her armour?!

Two bras are lace under wired, another lacy one without wire.

Problems: sometimes the clasp can rub on my back, heat has never been a problem, sometimes the forms ?wander? when I sleep and need adjusting. Otherwise I find all my bras comfortable to wear and they cause little irritation.

I wouldn?t be without my bras. They are the epitome of feminity and help me emulate the female form I try to achieve.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Aspiring Member
    For me wearing a bra just feels right, i.e. wearing one is congruent with my gender identity - a transgender near-female. I have been wearing one daily since ~2015.

I remember reading an interview with Caitlyn Jenner in which she described her need for wearing a bra before she came out. I could relate with her experience.

Although not related to day-to-day dressing, the first time a wore my bralette after open heart surgery was like receiving a comforting hug from someone special, but the hug lasted all day. That feeling has subsided as the internal healing progresses.

No matter where one is on the gender spectrum, wear a bra if you like or forego wearing a bra if you like. Be true to yourself.

I have moobs that are a couple inches bigger than my chest measurement but I don't care for bras and avoid them whenever possible. If I did wear one more often I'm sure that I'd free the girls whenever possible.

I'm more focused on feminizing my appearance as much as possible because that makes me feel more feminine than a band of elastic around my torso. After all, who is more of a CD, a hairy dude in a bra or someone who feminized themselves as much as possible? By my way of thinking we are both equals dealing with the same fog but expressing ourselves differently usually due to the body we are dealt with and our personal circumstances.

Reality Check
    I wear a bra to keep my boobs in place. If they were actually a part of me rather than being stuck on, I could see not wearing a bra around the house.

For those having trouble finding a bra that fits. the stretch bras (Genie Bra and similar) stretch to fit your chest and cup. There are different sizes, obviously, but there's a size that will fit you perfectly. I wear a "Just My Size" brand bra because I like having the hooks in the back.
    Krisi

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Well, bras are kind of uncomfortable to me as well, but I like the feeling of wearing one..... I mostly wear sports bras because they're more comfortable to me.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    I?m with your wife. They?re a horribly uncomfortable necessary evil.
    Micki, that's what a lot of women say about pantyhose, but I have loved them all my life! LOL
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Swindell View Post
    I love wearing a bra. I'm not sure why either. I don't understand it myself but I do know I like it a lot! It makes me happy. My only problem is my concern of what others will do or think. That's actually more on me than anyone else.

So my wife doesn't understand it either but she knows it makes me happy and she's all for that!

Also...if I don't understand it myself, how could she?
    This is me to a tee. I love wearing a bra no forms just a size 36A or 34B. I have been wearing a bra since age 10 now 56 I still can?t wait to put mine on in the morning

When I'm home, its always a bra w forms and a low cut top with capri or skirts. Never a day in the house in male mode which I hate.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I have gynecomastia and I wear a bra almost every day. I fulfill a 40B bra, I love the sensation of my boobs in them giggling.
    You may need a bra with no wires and a matching panty at the beginning. You will love it.
    😍

Aspiring Member
    When I was a young crossdresser I had no interest in bras. I think I finally put one on when I was in my 30's. Now I love wearing one. I prefer the unstructured ones, but like almost all kinds. Lately, I decided to spend some money to get a lovely Italian bra at Intimissimi. It was $49 on sale, but it is nice, and a 42B, which fits.

Love the half bra, mine a 42 c. from Amazon and its a perfect fit with b. forms.
    Perfect to wear all day.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen