Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, it?s moved so fast

Wow, it?s moved so fast

Sorry for the length, but to me it is an incredible story.

I have had a subtle curiosity about crossdressing since I was a kid. I have dressed at home by myself with stuff garnered from yard sales. My wife and I have even played around with it a few times and had a fun. But it has never been discussed openly and about it going any farther. Until last week.

We attend a regular kink party where some of the guys dress up. Everyone thinks it is great. So, I told my wife I wanted to give it a try. We discussed that it might be a one time thing or turn into more. At least it is a place where I am sure to find absolute acceptance.

Money is not abundant for us, so I had been looking into Ali Express and found a dress and other items we could afford. She seemed positive about it all and said she loved the dress I had picked. One of her first statements was that she had just bought an inexpensive bra at Walmart and we could get one for me as well. It took a lot of searching to find the size I needed and the only one there was double what she had expected, but she had no complaints. While walking through the ladies department, she saw a sale on panties and picked out some nice maroon ones that would go with my dress. I bought some birdseed to use in making some breast inserts. I told her I would need some of her old thigh highs. We went to the cosmetic department looking for fingernails which we found behind locked glass. A lady asked if we needed help and my wife said we were interested in some nails. Then she asked me which one I would want since we were buying for me. I almost melted through the floor. She then told the lady it was for a costume party. I don?t think she bought it, but was very nice and willing to help, though she did not have the key. Still not sure if it was a slip of the tongue or a deliberate action, but it was great.

When we left Walmart, we saw a thrift store and went to see if they had a dress. The only one big enough was a bit hideous, but it could be something to try until my order came in. Ali Express takes about a month to ship.

That afternoon, I stopped by a dollar store and saw some nails like the ones at Walmart. I picked them up and put them with the rest of my stuff. My wife went to another dollar store and came home with thigh highs, panty hose and false eyelashes. She found a pair of clip on earrings in her drawer that would work. Yesterday, she went back and bought foundation, mascara and lipstick in two colors. Just about everything I needed. She is going to help me with the makeup.

That night I thanked her for her understanding of my desire. She responded that she was accepting, but did not understand. Fair enough for now, because I do not understand either.

Now, if the Ali Express stuff gets here in time for this month?s party, I will have all of the above plus 3? black pumps, opaque thigh highs in nude and sheer in black, long black curly wig, padded body shaper and a stick on silicone bra for creating cleavage. At the last moment, I remembered a comment she had made and asked if she wanted a matching dress. She clapped and said, ?YES, we can go together.? In all, we will have less than $75 invested in the evening. And we will still have most of it for use later. She can wear her dress whenever she wants.

I know this is nothing new to many of you and I hope it comes across right. I am not boasting, but glorying. I feel like I have won the lottery several times over. All of her support and a chance to dress and go out for the evening. Can?t wait to see what happens.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome Jacke and do let us know how the next party goes.

Platinum Member
    Welcome and good luck!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My advice would be to temper your expectations. Having a gg to help you with a basic understanding of cosmetic products is helpful, but don’t expect her to magically turn you into a beautiful woman. Not many women actually know how to do M2F transformative makeup. You should definitely do a dry run before the day of the event so you’ll know what’s possible and if you’re comfortable going out like that. Trust me, it will be a lot less stressful than trying to make things work the day of. It will also give you an idea of how long it will take to get ready. Keep in mind that your wife is going to have to get ready that day too, and doing your makeup alone can easily take hours.

You’re jumping straight in with both feet, so good luck. This will either go really well or really bad, but for your sake, I hope it’s the former.

Kink party eh ? Haha, sounds fun. By the way Micki has a really good point, I takes me 1 to 2 hours to get dolled up and I have gotten where I can pop on false eyelashes quickly. If you have not tried such things before it can be frustrating especially if you glue up your eye lids. Like Micki said, a dry run is an excellent idea. Then go have some fun.

Sandi

Points well taken. Actually, we have a couple of trial runs planned.

Knowing the people at the party well, I will feel comfortable even if things are not perfect. I may not be a beautiful woman, but hope I can feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    My advice would be to temper your expectations. Having a gg to help you with a basic understanding of cosmetic products is helpful, but don?t expect her to magically turn you into a beautiful woman. Not many women actually know how to do M2F transformative makeup. You should definitely do a dry run before the day of the event so you?ll know what?s possible and if you?re comfortable going out like that. Trust me, it will be a lot less stressful than trying to make things work the day of. It will also give you an idea of how long it will take to get ready. Keep in mind that your wife is going to have to get ready that day too, and doing your makeup alone can easily take hours.

You?re jumping straight in with both feet, so good luck. This will either go really well or really bad, but for your sake, I hope it?s the former.

Jacke, Welcome and have a great time.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Jacke, It certainly sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time, good luck and come back to give us an update.
    Crissy

Welcome , Jacke. Good luck with your outing.

Moved so fast? You are going at near light speed and finding few obstacles and amazing support. Very fortunate. Enjoy your journey into the new countryside.

Thank you all for your comments. As excited as I am about this, I am also a bit intimidated and uncertain. Having your support helps greatly.

After reading this again today, I wish I had toned it down a lot. I respect those of you who have dealt with this for years, especially those who have dealt with it alone in a crowd. I am so glad this forum has been here for you. It is a great support group.

Like I said, having an established group of friends that I know will not just be accepting, but enthusiastic, is my greatest asset in going out. In some ways it is not really going out in the real world, but a special fantasy place. Except that I am now thinking of traveling 1 1/2 hours to the party en femme. What I have learned here helps me consider that possibility. Where it goes from that night I do not know, but I plan to enjoy it to the max.

Thank you for your affirming welcome.
    Jacke

if you have not done much dressing it can be a big rush to be doing what your doing, you allowed to be excited we make the best out of it and don't overwhelm you wife moving ahead too fast.
    Angie

Nice story Jackie, maybe you should look into wearing your dress whenever you want :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aww shucks. This month's party has been cancelled due to conflict with the venue scheduling. Oh well, just gives me another month to work on perfecting my presentation.

Maybe you and your wife can do your dry run the night the party was supposed to be Have fun trying out all the new things

That is a really good idea. Thanks.

I think it's lovely that your wife is so willing to help. Have fun.

All of my things have finally arrived. Tonight we are going to see if the total picture is as we hope. Hope it is a Kodachrome moment not a black and white dud.

Curses, foiled again. I came home with great plans for the evening. BUT, I found the water heater had spring a leak and flooded about 20% of the house. It was 1:30 before I got the new one installed and I have to address the wet stuff when I get home tonight. At least I had a nice warm shower to relax before bed. The best-laid plans of mice and men ...

Glad your wife is willing to try this. Also get lots of stuff from AliExpress (but watch the sizes very carefully). Amazon also has stuff if you need it quicker. I use earring adapters from there, so I am not limited to clip ons.
    Hopefully being the hero of the flood gets her even more grateful and willing to let you show some femininity. Have you practiced in 3" heels?
    I think I know more about makeup than my wife, so hopefully your wife knows how to cover the masculine features and bring out the feminine ones.
    Hugs, Ellen

So far things have worked out pretty well ordering from there. Just takes soooo loooong.
    I just got a pair of 3" pumps. Getting along pretty well, though the pointed toes really squeeze my toes. Going to try some stretchers to make more lateral room.
    No idea how the makeup will work out that night. At least with the party we will be attending with friends, near perfection will not be required like going out in the "real world".

Hey Jacke , I pretty much usually wear open toed shoes now for comfort, except for some sexy red boots I bought. Anyhow you might want to check out open toed shoes since you can see your toenails painted which is cool. You got me curious regarding what a kink party is all about. I have not heard of that before even though I might fit in , haha. I have worn nothing but lingerie to bars before. I think I have a picture posted in the pics forum. It is definitely a rush the first few times. Have fun with it.

Sandi

There is no turning back now....The pink fog will roll in quick and thick...
    x Kara
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Well, the first time dressing completely for the evening is under way.

Those who had warned about how long it wold take were right. I learned a lot about getting ready: learn the order to do it to avoid compounding the troubles, how difficult typing is with nails, eyelashes take a while to get right the first time, to be careful about taking photos because they might get shared with others (I am slowly earning technology. Fortunately they only went to my wife who was helping me, but it was a fright for a while.), shoe stretchers really can work, long hair gets in your mouth often and a multitude of other things. The makeup she bought me worked well and is stashed in my own makeup case so I can take it to the party. The stuff I ordered has worked out well, except the dress is a bit shorter than intended. I guess it is the longer male torso. I will need longer thigh highs or go to a belt and stockings. My wife loves her matching dress.

So far we both seem to be comfortable with the trial. Have talked a lot about it as we have prepared me this afternoon. Then as I was putting on my dress, she donned hers too. Even similar shoes. How very fortunate I am to have this woman in my life for over 45 years. She even reminded me about saying I wondered what it is like being a woman back when we first got married. Then she said, "You have been into it much longer than you think." I guess she is right. She even suggested I could just dress at home and drive to the party instead of trying to do it all there. I was floored. Still undecided about that.

Thank you all for your support. It helps knowing that somebody understands it as least as much as I do.

I recommend you dress at home and then go to the party. I assume it will be at night so not much to fret about with being in public. I find it amazing the progress you have made in diving into this world to see how the water feels. I think your wife knows you a lot better than you might think as she seems to be encouraging you to allow that suppressed self appear in the real world. Many women are very perceptive in that way and they know a whole lot more about their husband than their husband thinks they know.

You will make it to the party and I suspect you are going to have a great time. Just don't forget to share with us your big adventure.