I've been working myself up to going out in daylight for a while. And today, finally, I did it. It was a gorgeous sunny day, so I did the best job I could of my makeup and left my apartment at about 11:00. To begin with, I was very self-conscious. But I kept going and gradually got more comfortable, especially once I reached the broader streets towards the centre. It's a public holiday so the tourists were out in force. My route was circuitous but again I took the U-Bahn and also, for the first time, the Strassenbahn (tram). I covered much of the ground between the Votivkirche and Karlsplatz, discovering, as I've read on this site many times that: not many people notice, still fewer actually look. Although one of the carriage drivers shouted "Bianca something or other" at me.

The highlight for me though was: I bought a couple of Gl?hweins (mulled wine) and drank them at standing table while people milled about everywhere. Again, no problems. Just used my normal voice to order and the gentleman on the stand served me as normal. Not sure why they haven't closed down the marked yet; its gone twelfth night! Although even there in a very public place, as you're no doubt used to hearing by now,I was approached by a little Turkish man who regarded me for a while and then stubbed his cigarette out at my table. I'm getting a bit fed up with them, to be honest. I wonder whether real women have the same problem.

Anyway, homewards, again using the Strassenbahn (no stress after two Gl?hweins), arriving at 14:30, rather pleased with myself. Quite why I do it, I don't know. Although it is very exciting, that's for sure.

Screenshot from 2020-01-06 20-00-59.jpg