Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time in broad daylight

First time in broad daylight

I've been working myself up to going out in daylight for a while. And today, finally, I did it. It was a gorgeous sunny day, so I did the best job I could of my makeup and left my apartment at about 11:00. To begin with, I was very self-conscious. But I kept going and gradually got more comfortable, especially once I reached the broader streets towards the centre. It's a public holiday so the tourists were out in force. My route was circuitous but again I took the U-Bahn and also, for the first time, the Strassenbahn (tram). I covered much of the ground between the Votivkirche and Karlsplatz, discovering, as I've read on this site many times that: not many people notice, still fewer actually look. Although one of the carriage drivers shouted "Bianca something or other" at me.

The highlight for me though was: I bought a couple of Gl?hweins (mulled wine) and drank them at standing table while people milled about everywhere. Again, no problems. Just used my normal voice to order and the gentleman on the stand served me as normal. Not sure why they haven't closed down the marked yet; its gone twelfth night! Although even there in a very public place, as you're no doubt used to hearing by now,I was approached by a little Turkish man who regarded me for a while and then stubbed his cigarette out at my table. I'm getting a bit fed up with them, to be honest. I wonder whether real women have the same problem.

Anyway, homewards, again using the Strassenbahn (no stress after two Gl?hweins), arriving at 14:30, rather pleased with myself. Quite why I do it, I don't know. Although it is very exciting, that's for sure.

Screenshot from 2020-01-06 20-00-59.jpg

Congrats on your maiden voyage.

I remember my fist outing. The best feeling was the afterglow afterwards.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-06-2020 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Sorry, English only please
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Good for you I give a lot of credit and courage to all of you who take the walk out the door. By the look of your pic I could see why you had no problems I believe I would have wanted a second look at lose amazing legs. You should be very proud of yourself and I know I will be reading more of these outting stories from you. Thanks

“Bianca something or other”? Was that an exact quote or did you just not catch the rest? Could it have been “Bianca Del Rio”?

Congratulations on your first daylight outing. So what's next? A little bit of retail therapy perhaps?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

He said Bianca first and then repeated it with something that I heard as Bianca Coucher. But he didn't sound like he really knew the rest of the name. I've just googled Bianca Del Rio and it would make sense that he was referring to her. I don't think he was being derogatory but I kept going anyway.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Next I think will be a bar somewhere. There's one just round the corner that I think would be ok. I might just mention it to the waiter when next I go en homme.

Thank you for all the congratulations by the way.

Gold Member
    You look very nice; I wish I could go out looking as good as you do.
    Rader

Thank you Rader. Maybe you can. I'm pretty much a bloke actually. I was kind of inspired by https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=starrynowhere on YouTube. Never thought I could do the same thing. But over time, I've figured out what clothes to buy, how to wear them and I've progressed from furtive nighttime outings to where I am now.

MiniRock, Good for you getting out in day light. You look great.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Self confidence is an interesting aspect of going out and about. Many of us started after dark and graduated to daylight hours. I discovered a transitional mode--full daylight, but with sunglasses! Purely psychological and, at one level, totally ridiculous, but it was far easier to go out and look directly at other people if my eyes were cloaked by dark lenses. I could see them, but they couldn't see me!! Silly, I know, but that experience greatly eased the transition to going out dressed any time I wished, having proved to myself that nobody was looking at me and nobody cared how I was dressed.

Yes, you're right Mary. I hadn't thought of sunglasses but I was thinking of getting some cute glasses, not to hide behind (I think), but to help feminise my face. But I understand exactly what you mean: I first went out with moustache and without wig - in the dead of night. I can't believe I did it now because it's only since I've added the wig and makeup that I have begun to see something myself that looks even remotely feminine. And that really boosts my confidence level. It's also, as I think I've said before, a disguise. I doubt I'd be recognised even if I ran into a colleague. But I'm never going to pass as a woman. My head is larger than any woman's. I'm taller than 99.9 percent of women and I have both a large nose and a solid chin. I take solace though, as I suspect do many crossdressers, that my legs are better than most women's. Although that's also another give away in my opinion. I noticed an elderly crossdresser the other evening going into a bar, from quite some distance away. She was very well dressed but I knew straight away because below the stylish coat was a pair of lovely heels attached to somehow fairly skinny legs. Only a crossdresser would be so determined to wear thin tights and heels on such a cold night I think. It really seems to me to be the case that one has to embrace the notion of being a man in a frock to be comfortable in this milieu. At least for most of us.

Thank you Jamie.

Reality Check
    In my opinion, walking around in broad daylight is better, safer and less suspicious than sneaking around late at night in places women don't go at night. Dress as women do for the time and place and just blend in with them.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations on your first daytime outing! Do you go out at night?

Vienna is such a lovely city. Your account of your outing brings back fond memories of my vacation there. I discovered how much I enjoy Erd?pfelsalat and is now one of routine dishes that we prepare for the dining table.

Congratulations! You look great, sorry about the jerk.

And so it begins....
    Love your boots by the way.

Nothing like a broad in daylight...lol.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Congrats on what sounds like an amazing outting! My overseas office was in Vienna and love the city ... often stayed up on the Mariahilferstrasse (spelling?) in a nice shopping area. Sounds like a really wonderful day and good for you!
    Closeted for 45 years, so please take any advice I might offer with a massive dose of reality.
    Julia xo

Yes Julia, I think Vienna is ideal for going out en femme. Compact, easily walkable, good transport, very attractive and no real issues with safety. As you probably know already, it's a very comfortable city to live in and nowhere near as expensive as most other capital cities. One can also eat very well here too June

I like the boots as well Cheryl but they do find their way into every crack in the pavement.

Mini

Quote Originally Posted by MiniRock View Post
    Thank you Rader. Maybe you can. I'm pretty much a bloke actually. I was kind of inspired by https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=starrynowhere on YouTube. Never thought I could do the same thing. But over time, I've figured out what clothes to buy, how to wear them and I've progressed from furtive nighttime outings to where I am now.
    I to have seen the videos by starrynowhere on YouTube. Oh if only I could be that slender. The vids should be compulsory viewing for anyone planning to go out as for me it's as much about her mannerisms as how she looks. "If it walks like a duck".....

Can't figure out if it's starry no where or starry now here though.

Gold Member
    Well I broke the Ice to a small degree. I went out wearing a skirt and top, My "B" cup bra
    into my car and went to the drive through Bank, Then to a drive up Chicken Place, then drove
    home. I was thrilled and tense the entire time. Worried that I might have to get out of the car.
    But I made it, And was very excited.
    Rader

MiniRock, thank you for sharing your story. The video certainly shows what confidence can do for you. I think you could be a candidate to make your own videos. Now, wouldn't that be fun. You look lovely in your day time outfit.

Fantastic Rader, well done. It's so exciting isn't it? But the more confident you feel that you are beginning to look presentable, the more the fear starts to become manageable. I suspect it will never disappear completely though, at least for me and maybe you too. But that's part of the reason for doing it I think. I don't know what your ability to present is like, but I would say work on putting together the best outfits, makeup etc you can. It feels much better with a complete look, including for example, the handbag. Although for me, for example, a short skirt and high heels are pretty much compulsory and that's going to draw attention, even for a real girl. But I actually to a large degree do want to be seen and admired. And if that appreciation goes only as far as that's a man in a frock but he looks good like that, I'm quite happy with that. If people look and think, he's wearing a dress that doesn't fit him properly or he walks like a lumberjack, I'm not happy about that.

As for making videos Victoria, hmm, might be fun. But to make them interesting could be quite challenging. I often wonder how starrynowhere (I'd never noticed that it's possible to get three words out of that before Helen) goes about placing the camera - presumably a mobile phone - in public places, without drawing attention to herself. I do like to take photos of myself as a record of what I achieved. Sometimes I think that might be my main aim. But I try to find a quiet place in which to do it. Let's see what happens. Thank you for the compliment by the way.
    Last edited by MiniRock; 01-10-2020 at 12:46 AM.

I went out again yesterday. Gray skirt, sheer black tights and ankle boots, full hair and make-up too. Like the OP, I am definitely on the taller side! I went to the mall, shopped at H&M and Macys. Bought a few pairs of tights at H&M etc. Went and got gas. On my way back, I stopped in a town near me that is home to a large school. Since it is still winter break, town was not very crowded so I decided to walk around campus and visit the local Starbucks. There I sat, legs crossed, enjoying my hot drink! The entire outing was just awesome! It is all about the way you dress (like others do at the places you plan to visit), walk (shoulders back, short steps) and most importantly...smile when you make eye contact with those around you!!
    Can't wait to venture back out!

Good for you, How exciting! When you got home were you exhilarated? It must have been a great feeling a big accomplishment.

That is awesome to hear. I remember my first time out. It was so exciting. It is still exciting today!

Love your legs and boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Karenawong View Post
    Love your legs and boots!
    That was my first reaction, too!! hehe

I am SO HAPPY for you and thank you for sharing.....this was awesome to read today.