Thread: On stage en femme

On stage en femme

I'd like to share a recent experience that I had in feminine mode. My GF Elissa is on the arts council of the small town where she lives (it's the next town over from mine, about 15 minutes away), and she helped organize a recent performance by an improv troupe at the arts center there. She asked me to come, and a few days beforehand I checked in with her about how I was going to appear. I knew that she had some other friends coming and that she feels like she has a certain "standing" in the community, and I guessed that she might prefer me to be en homme.
    She said "You can wear whatever you want!"
    So I wore a new red-and-black gingham tunic from J.Jill, an open black cardigan, a short black skirt, black hose and clogs. My hair was curled and back in a headband, and I had on full makeup and wine-red nail polish. (Even with all that I don't pass.) When I got there Elissa said "You look really nice!" and introduced me around to her friends and colleagues on the arts council. I got a couple of once-overs but everyone was very gracious.
    (One amusing anecdote: the arts center is in a converted house and there are small single bathrooms. Before the performance I was standing in line for the bathroom. The queue was both men and women. A woman, one of the friends-of-Elissa's-friend whom I had just met, came up behind me. "Are you waiting for the men's?" she asked.
    "Whichever comes open first," I said.
    She laughed and said "Yes, the way you're dressed you could do either one!"
    "Exactly," I said, smiling with her.)
    The improv troupe worked by asking audience members to provide a "check-in" on their current situation or feelings, or a story from their lives. Of course I had to tell a story (it involved my son and I getting pulled over for speeding in a rural county last summer. I'll spare you the details but it was fairly comical.)
    I thought I could just tell the story from where I was seated in the rear of the small space. But the actors said "No no come on up!"
    So I went up onstage. To say the least I have never been quite so exposed while fully crossdressed. The actors, of course, were very friendly and welcoming, and after a few minutes I relaxed and enjoyed the scene. They did a hilarious job of acting out the story. (I got to choose the actor who portrayed me and of course I chose one of the women. ) As I walked down the center aisle back to my seat I was thinking "Please don't let me stumble."
    Afterward we stood around socializing and sipping wine. One woman whom I didn't know put her hand on my arm and said "I think you look great. Good for you."
    Elissa and I went out for a drink after the event and I mentioned how exposed and vulnerable I felt to be onstage as a woman.
    "But you look beautiful!" she said.
    That's one reason I love her.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-07-2020 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Sorry, although the word is disguised, not allowed here.

Tracy, What a wonderful experience with a very nice group of accepting people not to mention the confidence boost for you. Lucky you!
    Crissy

What a wonderful time and experience. You have a great lady!
    Enjoy!

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    You must have been absolutely buzzing. They sound wonderful people.

Your SO's last quote sums it all up nicely
    Too much mascara is almost enough.

Contact me on MeWe mewe.com/i/maceyg

Tracy that sounded like fun.
    I have done Karaoke while Dressed. and 3 Drag Queen bits but without the "Heavy" makeup. I did that when I was just starting to become active here.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Tracy, That's wonderful. I'm rather shy so would never get on stage, but admire people who can.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    Tracy -
    you are very lucky to have met a person like Elissa, but of course you know that

Thank you for sharing such a positive story. It is inspiring to say the least.

June