Thread: Uk based GIC form?

Uk based GIC form?

Any one have any experience with the uk gic form ,i have to go fill it out with my Gp this week and im not sure whats needed or what i have to do,is it as simple as filling it out with what im feeling and thinking or much more in depth.Been waiting a long time for this and dont want to mess it up making the current 24 month wait even longer.
    I guess im just worried about being taken seriously if im honest.

Hiya
    When I did mine, my go walked through it with me and we completed it together. The best advice I can give is be honest and don?t overthink it. Give your own answers and not what you think they might be looking for. Good luck x

Did it the day after was no problem at all just a lil medical questions and stuff about if I had come out of done any transitioning already which I put don't not yet as I'm severely body conscious .with social anxiety to boot ,I really do want to do image 2 year wait atm for first appointment so some thing to work for.

Banned Read only
    Alice,
    I was a little confused as you said you were worried not being taken seriously , if you were totally honest there's no reason not to be taken seriously , at least I've found that with my GP and counsellors . They've often told me the door is always open when I need to move on maybe they hope that covers the people that might not being taking it serioulsy .

It's great you've completed the form , the waiting time is a little frustrating or it gives you time to think the next steps through , all the best for the future .

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Alice,
    I was a little confused as you said you were worried not being taken seriously , if you were totally honest there's no reason not to be taken seriously , at least I've found that with my GP and counsellors . They've often told me the door is always open when I need to move on maybe they hope that covers the people that might not being taking it serioulsy .

It's great you've completed the form , the waiting time is a little frustrating or it gives you time to think the next steps through , all the best for the future .
    It's just that when I originally started this process a few years ago I had to see a shrink first he said he dealt with gender stuff and I believed him at the time , how wrong I was he hardly asked anything just if increased and what I liked to do when dressed and told my gp I was suffering autogynophilia and put me on heavy anti represented stupid me thought that was it little did I know that just cause I masturbated a few times while dressed as it was a stress free time he classed me as a pervert and ignored me ,hence my paranoia again.
    Just for the record dressing up does nothing for me sexually I do it cause it feels right to do I told him that.
    Never had a prob with GPS either both original man and after he retired the female doc have treated me extremely well and made me comfortable enough to tell a stranger my feelings something that took 20 years to do ,in seconds something I'll forever be grateful for .
    Last edited by Alicew; 01-16-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Banned Read only
    Alice,
    I had the same problem about twenty years ago , I've told my story before but the crux was I almost ended my life through feeling unloved and rejected by my wife after I'd come out to her . I had to pay privately but the guy told me I could come dressed if I wished also said he had a client who masturbated in the corner of the room before the session . He also totally ruled out any thoughts of being born with a female trait . It all came to an end when he said he couldn't proceed unless my wife attended she refused so I was referred back to my GP who prescribed long term use of Prozac .I paid ?180.00 for two sessions and he was a total waste of space . I admit it took twenty years for the pot to boil over again but it's working out OK , I'm happy in my new skin !

I'm also grateful it's all moved on , in fact I was asked to give a talk with some other members of my social group on the effectiveness of the treatment offered by the NHS , personally I can't fault them .
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-17-2020 at 06:36 AM.