Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is wearing a bra good for your boobs?

is wearing a bra good for your boobs?

hello all,
    do your boobs feel different after your have been wearing a bra?
    luv J

My boobs are made of silicone, so no.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Jacques,

Reading your title I'm assuming you're intimating that bra wearing in some way may induce larger breasts. Can't say that I've any evidence of that. If there is any enlargement it's more likely due to me putting on a few pounds. Pass that last mince pie will you please?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I don?t have any idea if wearing a bra is or isn?t good for my boobs, but I wear one often and have seen no changes. All my bras are underwires and I scoop and adjust occasionally.

I don’t know what the heck you mean by “good for”. They’re there to keep things in place, much like a jock strap. So they don’t provide any inherent biological benefit other than keeping the person whose parts they are more comfortable.

For naturally large breasted women they do help to properly support each breast, and do help some to reduce sagging since the weight of breasts do cause the tissues and muscles to stretch and then sag naturally. They also can help some women avoid back issues, including pain.

All I can say is that without a bra I feel heavy and droopy and I get uncomfortable tugs from unexpected actions like opening a cupboard door.

I sometimes go braless to feel the wobble, and maybe to sag a bit more, as I feel I am too pert.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    For naturally large breasted women they do help to properly support each breast, and do help some to reduce sagging since the weight of breasts do cause the tissues and muscles to stretch and then sag naturally. They also can help some women avoid back issues, including pain.
    This is actually untrue. Bras do NOT prevent sagging and in fact there were studies done that showed that bras may actually ENCOURAGE sagging by allowing pectoral muscle to atrophy.

Banned Read only
    I found that wearing a bra actually created breasts out of my man fat.

I will repost the pictures later, or go look way back in the clothing section for a post about Wendy's Bra Manifesto.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    This is actually untrue. Bras do NOT prevent sagging and in fact there were studies done that showed that bras may actually ENCOURAGE sagging by allowing pectoral muscle to atrophy.
    Yeah, and there are "studies" that claim underwire bras cause breast cancer too...

Platinum Member
    Sounds as if someone nipples may be irritated by the bra's material or forms therein.

Happy being Stevie Stevie Allyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    hello all,
    luv J
    Simple answer - "No".

I feel as if my posture is better when I wear a bra. My back is straighter, and my shoulders are back. I haven't noticed anything else. Then again I don't wear one daily.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    [SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Yeah, and there are "studies" that claim underwire bras cause breast cancer too...
    Then let me help.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hea...sag%3famp=true
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/259073.php
    https://www.bustle.com/articles/1630...ag-prematurely

Or you could do a 20 second google search. You really need to stop coming for me. You aren’t prepared.

That 15 year study was woefully lacking in detail and presumably the women who did not wear bras to begin with had smaller breasts which would sag less over time! I have not found any full details of the so-called study since the 2013 articles so I am unable to find out if this is true or not. Memories of National Geographic articles suggest that bras really help! Just not this community.

Natural breasts will sag as years pass the pectoral muscles lose there strength so no I would say wearing a bra is just a means of comfort and to look good.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Then let me help.
    Oh honey I have seen the studies, all based on the same pseudoscience and "natural medicine" that claims underwires cause breast cancer due to the metal acting as an antenna and drawing more electromagnetic radiation into the breast tissue.

Gold Member
    I have been wearing a Bra 24/7 for over 8 years. It has made me into a "B" up from almost nothing.
    So I think that raring a bra does help form a shape for you. If I have to go bra-less for special Medical
    reasons, I feel that I am naked for one, and the Boobs seem to flatten out to some degree.
    Rader

Banned Read only
    I had a girlfriend that didn't like wearing a bra when she was growing up.

She was 20 when I dated her, her breasts were very pendulous and literally sagged down past her belly button without a bra. (Yes she was a big girl)

It's got nothing to do with muscle, breasts are just glands, veins, and fat only naturally supported by the skin and connecting tissue. It's all on top of the chest muscles. The tissue stretches and breaks down. On larger GG's you can see the stretch marks on them when they get broken down. Also if a GG gives birth and nurses the breast of course grow in size when the glands are actually lactating. That leaves them a bit stretched after nursing stops.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 01-08-2020 at 10:31 PM.

I wore a bra all day every day for a year and a half. I did not sleep in one. I obviously don't know what my boobs would have looked like at the end of that year and a half if I had not worn a bra, but my boobs definitely had some shape by then that I don't think I would have achieved without wearing a bra. I'm sure it didn't make my boobs any bigger.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you are a biological man then no.
    If you have man boobs my guess would be no.

Banned Read only
    Here is a link to my pictures of what wearing a bra can do for you.

Don't worry all are safe for work.

BTW: These are Foster Farms breasts too. (No additives or hormones)

I did this just by wearing a bra as often as possible even sleeping in one, so I believe wearing a bra is good for your breasts
    Last edited by Robertacd; 01-08-2020 at 11:28 PM.

Aspiring Member
    After wearing a Brassiere for a whole Day I get a little lift and Brassiere marks, no different.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Aspiring Member
    hello all,
    luv J
    My back feels different. A few months ago, I taped my breast forms to my chest. First time that I had done so. I wore my bra all day. When I removed my bra, the breastforms remained taped to my chest. The weight of these forms caused a rotation at my waist, a bending motion or cantilever effect, that pulled my chest forward and down. My lower back took up the slack. I knew that a bra transfers the weight of the breasts to the shoulders but this mild force was still a surprise.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    hello all,
    luv J
    Actually? Yes! U can hardly feel them at all with a bra on!
    I believe there r over 200 million independent "studies" that can verify this!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I side with Roberta on this one. A bra delays the droopies and floppies. It doesn't stop it. As hormonal support declines with age tissue lost is not replaced because of no functional need to replace it. So the breasts become less dense and they droop. But large boobs can cause a lot of back strain and a bra shifts the weight more toward the shoulders and upper back. Also, keep in mind that boobs are delicate with a lot nerve endings that can produce a bit of pain if they are flopping around. A bra also produces a more attractive profile in addition to the benefits stated above.

The first bras appeared about 3,000 years ago and it was a cloth wrapped in a particular way to provide support. The Romans invented a more formal sewn garment that was a bit similar to bras today. So it was an evolutionary process that might have been driven by the comfort factor first and the fashion factor second. Medically a bra is not really necessary and if it did have an adverse effect natural selection would not have allowed the large human breast to evolve due to a reduced survival factor.