Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is wearing a bra good for your boobs?

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    My boobs are made of silicone, so no.
    Same here.
    Krisi

If you look at women's shoulders, especially women with big boobs, you will see, sometimes deep, indentations where the bra straps sit. I've even noticed these on my own shoulders after wearing a bra and silicon books for a few hours, thankfully only temporary. So I think bras are detrimental for the shoulders, even if they're good for the chest.

I wear a bra every day and it makes me feel good, just like the other feminine things I wear.
    No physical difference, just "nice"feelings.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniRock View Post
    If you look at women's shoulders, especially women with big boobs, you will see, sometimes deep, indentations where the bra straps sit.
    These women are wearing the wrong size or style of bra.

They say %80 of women are wearing the wrong bra size and and that is one of the major indicators. Not all large breasted women get those permanent shoulder indentations.

Aspiring Member
    I think the way a bra is good for breast is if the owner of the breasts wants to keep them from sagging over the years and the larger the breasts the more benefit a bra is. I don't know if there is any medical problem with sagging breasts but most owners don't want them stretched to waist level or below which can happen long term.

My moobs are fairly flat and wide spaced just as Roberta shows, but my bras pull them into shape nicely.
    When I take off a bra after several hours my perception is that my moobs feel 'perkier' for a short time.

Silver Member
    There are arguments that bra wearing causes breast cancer. I don't think that is true, but I'm not a doctor.
    If you are like me I have boobs and do check for lumps.
    It is my understanding that breast tissue is different than muscle or fat.

I don't know or care if they are good for your boobs or not. I do know that when I wear my bra I enjoy it. I do have a lot of bras to enjoy.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I have partial boobs, and they really enjoy being hugged by a bra, there a sensation that's not there without the bra.
    my point of view.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I believe that studies have shown it provides no benefit to women.
    Since, sadly, I don't have my own boobs from which to judge I can only say that while it may not benefit them, it most certainly benefits my mental state.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

hello all,
    many thanks for your replies.
    like a few of you I find that wearing a bra pulls my boobs together and creates a bit of cleavage; when I take the bra off my boobs do feel "perkier" and that seems to continue for a while after.
    luv J

Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    hello all,
    many thanks for your replies.
    like a few of you I find that wearing a bra pulls my boobs together and creates a bit of cleavage; when I take the bra off my boobs do feel "perkier" and that seems to continue for a while after.
    I do not get to wear a bra very often, so whenever I do, the psychological feeling is something I cannot describe and it manifests itself physically as well.

As far as helping them grow?? My boobs love carbs!

I wear a bra on a lot of occasions. Recently I finally got one that is my right size, 44a and it fits wonderfully. I have noticed that after I take it off, the shape of my boobs looks a lot better. It is a Leading Lady 5044.

If I had real boobs I would tell you, but I like the way they make me look with forms in them. Besides I just like the way they feel when they fit right.

Having worn a bra every day for years I've started to notice a slight reshaping of the skin under and between my small breasts, but not much. But it doesn't seem to go away anymore if I go a few days without wearing one.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaPDX View Post
    If I had real boobs I would tell you, but I like the way they make me look with forms in them. Besides I just like the way they feel when they fit right.
    I agree whole heartedly!

Quote Originally Posted by NancySue View Post
    I don?t have any idea if wearing a bra is or isn?t good for my boobs, but I wear one often and have seen no changes. All my bras are underwires and I scoop and adjust occasionally.
    Me too. My main bras are underwire. Guess getting a bit older has given my a bit to work with. I guess that I am a natural B cup so they feel so wonderful. Sometimes I prefer to wear no forms (size 7) and go au natural. It feels so nice.

I was going to leave this thread alone for personal reasons, but what the heck here goes
    A while back I started on Hormone therapy and have developed into a 36B cup of which I am very comfortable with
    That being said I wear and underwire support bra every day
    I absolute love the feeling and firmness that it gives me during the day, but also love the natural feeling of them hanging at night
    when I take the bra off....so that being said it does give them shape and support during the day
    but lets them rest natural when not wearing a bra. I also love the feeling of walking around going bra less when I can

OMG. I think reading this thread has scared me straight! I think I may have to burn the few bras I already have and never wear a dress again.
    I would think supportive to CD GG's reading this would think WTF is the deal with these guys? Sorry, my honest Annie two cents.

I don't see how it could hurt you, so just enjoy.

Don?t see any difference wearing one or not mostly just to hold forms. I do have a natural 38A going into a small B only the forms enhance them with the bra. I?ve always heard them referred to as this ? Bra upper decker flopper stopper and a jockey strap lower decker pecker checker? I have a few friends that just aren?t right i think.

Kendra an ohio crossdress kendracd's Avatar
    I have 38a boobs going into a b cup, I wear a bra daily, I really can't see how it could hurt.

All I know is that wearing a bra is good for my breasts forms and my ego. I know that I really love seeing breast on my chest and they look their best when I wear a bra!

Silver Member
    Well I guess I'll step into this fray. I've read a lot of reports, news articles and some medical papers about women wearing bras. Haven't seen any scientific evidence about men wearing bras. There was a study out about a year ago which blamed bras for breast cancer. It also claimed that wearing a bra causes women's breasts to sag. I don't remember the name of the report.

I didn't think it was a good research paper and has many of the same issues that previous studies have. They compared different ethnic groups in the comparison. One group didn't wear bras as they were native peoples versus modern white women who had worn bras since breast development. I've seen native women with sagging breasts and others with less sagging. I thought that the number of children had played a role. There are so many variances that I don't think that we have a good reference point or valid data.

I have had boobs since I was young. I do have sagging but at my age it would be normal for a woman too. I don't think bras cause breasts to grow. Increasing fat does as does medication.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 03-25-2020 at 10:38 PM.

I have some 40AA bras. They seem to give me a more defined outline.