Thread: Just moved into a bad neighborhood lol

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar

Just moved into a bad neighborhood lol

Hello everyone, I hope your holidays went well. I'm glad the worst year of my life is over.

My girlfriend and I moved back in together into a really bad neighborhood. I'm from east L.A. and I used to live in this neighborhood 16 years ago. I am latino Hispanic mexican American whatever. I was born here and the ones from the areas I've lived actually do not like me. Keep in mind, this group is violently homophobic and well just violent in every general sense of the word. Add in the heavy drug use and trafficking multiplied by low income and you've got a ghetto zone lol

For now I have to keep my looks more towards ambiguous male as apposed to my normal daily wear. I'm going to jump at every chance to go out fully dressed but for now there is no walking outside my door in a dress and padded bra.

I'm still debating on painting my nails tho, I guess since I'm low on cash and low on polish I'll just be princess drabby for now.......sigh.....
    Live, laugh, love!

I can not help but to ask, why move there??!!

That sounds like a movie plot LOL!! I will watch out for it on Netflix!

Sorry Palaina, black humor.

What can I say. Just keep on keeping on. It sounds like you're right to be careful, but you've lived there before so you know how things work.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It makes no sense to move back in that area.
    Sounds like a bad choice to me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I would never even drive thru East LA after dusk!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Palaina, Sounds pretty crazy, please stay safe and yes you need to fly under the radar, at least for now.
    Crissy

It doesn't sound like a safe place to be whether you dress in public or not. For goodness' sake, please start planning now for how you can get out of there as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please be careful.

- Diane

Aspiring Member
    Can't imagine what that is like - never lived anywhere unsafe. You can still wear nail polish - just wear gloves and no one will know.

Palaina, please stay safe.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    If you moved into a bad neighbor hood, knowing that it was a bad neighborhood, you have no one to blame but yourself. Pack your things and move again, this time to a better neighborhood.
    Krisi

I can appreciate your situation as the cost of living is extremely high out there compared to the rest of the country. My retirement income that covers the cost of a suburban home in the Midwest would probably put me in a similar situation in the LA area. I've got a daughter who has lived in the inner city where they had drive by shootings and that sort of thing. Fortunately they were able to get out of there in time.

If it's any consolation some of these small towns are difficult in their own way. Here instead of gangs and drugs it's church ladies and macho rednecks but the can make things difficult as well.

Move down to north Orange County. It is majority Latino, but diverse and tolerant.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Yikes, I hope your kids will be OK! . 11 year old daughter and 2 year old son, right? ( Ref. )

Even before considering your trans and the sudden move to a difficult neighbourhood, your daughter was already approaching a difficult age of growing up. She will need to be strong, as you all will.

I hope everything works out.

- L.

Platinum Member
    I don't know what your socio-economic situation is, but, knowingly returning to a "bad neighborhood" does not seem like a good idea. You listed all the bad influences. Pray tell, what's the real story for relocating to what you describe as a hell hole? I suspect a girl friend with whom you have a two year old has something to do with it. Good luck. Stay safe.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why people stay where it is so expensive to live is beyond me.
    I have a friend that lives in Anaheim (north central area) and he is leaving soon and moving to Kentucky not far from where I live.
    He says the cost is ridiculous for the house he has and his neighborhood is really bad.Lots of crime too.
    His kids stay in trouble because of the area.
    He told me he is leaving 80% of his belongings behind because he can't afford a UHaul rental truck to haul it in.
    $3500 to rent a UHaul from L.A to KY.

I grew up in Anacrime (Anaheim) about 5 miles from Dismaland. I wouldn't live in Anacrime now if you gave it to me. You might try moving to Santa Ana--it has the largest concentration of Hispanics outside of Mexico City. Beware, however, Santa Ana has a vey high crime rate as well. It does, however, have some stellar neighborhoods as well. I lived in one for 18 years until a divorce mandated the sale of said residence.
    Jon
    Last edited by Joni T; 01-11-2020 at 10:06 PM.

This thread has taken a turn away from CDing. Thread closed.