Thread: A Liberating Experience

A Liberating Experience

Hi Ladies,

Mods if this is not in the proper place please feel free to move it.

I had a very liberating trip over the past couple of days and thought I would share.

I took a short trip into civilization on Wednesday to visit family and do some shopping. I was dressed in a hybrid mode? Cami, panties, ladies jeans and a guy button down shirt. I felt very comfortable with the way I was dressed. I was in desperate need of a haircut so I stopped at a Supercuts. The stylist may have noticed my jeans. When she folded my shirt collar she put her hands on my shoulders, she may have felt the straps of my Cami. She never said anything but during our conversation she kept suggesting how my wife is going to love her new MAN when you get home. I really didn?t care if I was outted or not.

My next stop was Target where I finally bought something from the ladies department. It was only a pair of pantyhose. I took the time to read the size chart and look for the correct size and color.

Thursday, on my way home, I stopped at the a mall. Except for panties, I was in total drab. While walking through the mall, I was having trouble gaining the confidence to walk into a store. For some reason I wasn?t feeling it. I must have done two maybe three laps around the mall. I was about to give up when I literally threw myself into Torrid. I was completely up front with the SA and introduced myself as Robin. She was so accepting and helpful. I was looking for a pair of skinny jeans. The SA suggested a pair of ripped jeggings. I told her I am probably a lot too old for ripped jeans. She thought I could pull it off. I didn?t think so. I walked out with a pair of jeggings and a tunic top. Then headed straight for Sephora. On the way I bought a very femme pair of sunglasses. When I arrived at Sephora I admitted to the SA that I was shopping for myself. I told her I wanted to start exploring makeup and I thought mascara and lipstick would be a nice place to start. Th SA was accepting, respectful, and helpful. She helped me find the perfect shade of lipstick, just slightly off from my natural lips. She also helped me pick out a mascara to create length and volume in my lashes.

I walked out of the mall on cloud nine and headed home
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

That is lovely, glad it was such a great experience for you.

I often dress the same for going out, and I love it.

Robin, very good for you! Little steps and slowly press forward! Congrats! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

congrats on a great day!

Great to hear that you had a good experience Robin. Keep having fun and stay safe.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Way to go Robin. I was fortunate that my wife was with me on my shopping trip. Not sure I could have done it without her. But it turned out to be easier than I thought. Just have to get in the right frame of mind. Where I could not go into a store alone before, I think the stories like this have helped me develop the right mindset. Thanks for your report.
    Jacke

Robin, Good for you, you just got to check off several boxes, one more thing though, the genie is now out of the bottle. Good luck and congrats!
    Crissy

Robin,

It's been said many times before but that first step is the hardest. It's also the most liberating.

I don't know how others feel but I've come to believe that if we do the "I'm shopping for a present for my wife" thing and the SA's think no you're not they're far more judgemental than when, like you, we're just open and honest about it.

As Crissy says, the genie is out of the bottle now so I would suggest that getting your makeup done in store is certainly something you should consider. You'll be treated like any other customer and knowing what suits you and how to apply it makes such a difference to our appearance.

So hearty congratulations on your adventure and I'm sure there's much more to come.

I was told by an SA at Macy’s that they absolutely know when we are shopping for ourselves, much better to be upfront and honest.
    Last edited by Crissy 107; 01-11-2020 at 06:58 AM.
    Crissy

Robin, We deserve to be who we are...it takes overcoming shame and embracing the joy of our femininity. Good for you! Nancy

Sounds a lot like my experience. A few years ago I wanted to go out but did not want to take the time for makeup, etc. So I put on a pair of Hanes denim leggings which I love and basically dis the same; from a Dress Barn to a Sephora. Everyone was great. A few stares but I didn't really care and it was an incredibly liberating experience.

Robin, sounds like you had a liberating few days. Here's to a liberating 2020.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Wonderful Robin. It is always good to be able to take your time, try things, get the correct shade of make-up, etc. I agree with Crissy. I believe many SA's can tell when we're looking for ourselves. Some have said "I could tell" when I told them I was looking for myself. One of these days I'll ask them why? Maybe most guys don't know enough about women's clothes to put that much effort into a gift.

Sounds like you had a really good time. I was just thinking about some of the comments. This is kind of interesting. The last two times I was shopping for bras in drab mode, I went ahead and told the SA I was shopping for myself and was kind of shy and nervous about it. In doing so, both times the SA went above and beyond what I would expect to make me comfortable. The last one handed me her card and said any time I need help to call her. From now on I will just tell them the truth. I was really happy I did.

It is a lot of fun

Sandi

Banned Read only
    Congratulations on a successful mall visit.

See, just like I have been saying if you are honest with the sales staff chances are you will get better service and be happier with your purchase.

Congrats and thanks for sharing! I just love stories like this... they never get old. Looking forward to the day that I can post my coming out story.

Yes, definitely a Liberating Experience.

I have shopped for clothes in person a few times (fully male) but have always been coy about it, mixing male and female items together and shuffling through the checkout worried someone would recognise me. Recently, however, I visited Victoria's Secret and although I was still nervous about being recognised I felt this wave of confidence come over me and asked one of the SA to help me find a particular item that wasn't in my size. She could only find a small and I just came out and said it: "no that won't fit me at all".
    She didn't even bat an eyelid.
    I felt fantastic!
    The shop was busy and well aware a lone man in that store could potentially make others uncomfortable, I carried on browsing and even interacted politely with other customers both trying to get into the same drawers. Nobody seemed to care! I made sure to remember her name when at the checkout (the cashier asks, I guess its to keep track of commission?) I doubt all stores would be quick enough to register and deal with such a situation so calmly. Probably happens more often than not in lingerie stores though.

Hi Ladies,

Thank you so much for all your kind words. After reflecting on my experience I feel I am starting to come into my own with my dressing.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Add all those moments up and you will progress on your journey.

Silver Member
    Robin, great progress. Quite a few years ago I had on women's jeans, and top that buttoned. I wore it with the top couple buttons undone.I was wearing a bra. I went to a high end salon for a hair cut. They had a woman that washed customers hair. I sat down and didn't think about my bra showing. Any way she washed my hair and in the process she also gave me a neck massage. It was going well until she slid her hands under my top and made contact with my bra straps. I jumped, but then realized it was what she did for the women. She just smiled and I sat back as she continued the message. I gave her a nice tip.

My current hair shop knows I wear women's clothes including bras.