Despite the weather blowing a gale I had to do my supermarket shopping so I wrapped up in a cosy sweater and set off . I was just paying at the check out when I felt a friendly arm squeeze , for a moment I thought I'd dropped something but when I turned round it was the SA from my builder's merchant . She's tall , blond not unattractive , she gave me a big smile and asked how I was doing , I smiled back and thanked her for asking . She was with her husband , not bad looking , tall , blond possibly an Ed Harris lookalike , he also gave me a lovely smile .

I'm sure some are going to say , " So what !" and, "don't make too much of it !" To a point I agree , although it was a lovely gesture in the middle of a busy supermarket . More to the point I couldn't help think about a recent thread where I commented on a heated debate over the reaction from people in the RW with a member of my social group , she claimed you will always get a reaction and people will laugh behind your backs . I tried to impress on her that it wasn't really like that , in fact I hadn't experienced anything like that in the last two years , she didn't believe me . If only she had been with me today she would have seen for herself that a person I've met a few times was happy to single me out and say hello even with her husband . Her other choice might have been to rush away before I caught sight of her and possibly tried to tallk to them .