Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Combining male and female dressing styles

The older I get, the less I fully crossdress. It takes more effort than ever, and more and more it's just not worth it. Still do it. Always will. It's just not what it used to be.

I've been chided on here for my typical nail polish, purse, leggings presentation which for me is frequent. This is a crossdressing board, and this kind of presentation isn't crossdressing in the conventional sense. Full-on crossdressing attracts LESS attention. I used to think that my semi dressing mode just got me by until I was able to fully dress, but that's not really the case. I live alone, and I have plenty of time when all options are open. I never dress to stay home. Sometimes it's exactly what I want to do, to wear feminine things as a male. Motivations? Labels? Analysis? It doesn't really matter. It's what I want to do, and nothing else really matters. "Sir" is pretty rare. Around here I get more "sweetie" or "honey". Suitable in-betweens to me.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    I hope you aren't implying that a man (pretending to be a woman by) hiding his features behind makeup, a wig, women's clothing and other accessories is going to be less confusing to a cashier than seeing what is obviously a man in what might look like a pair of women's jeans. I give the general public way more credit than that.
    Yes, I think it is going to be a lot more confusing otherwise I wouldn't have said it. MtF crossdressers I have encountered seem to want to present as a woman. The few transwomen and men I have encountered/met seem to be trying to wear the clothing they identify with. I haven't known anyone who is mixing things up. I'd wonder what they are trying to identify with.

Why do they (I) have to be identifying with (as) anything? I just happen to love wearing nail polish, etc., etc..

We tend to descend into "my way is the right way" around here. I guess everybody does, actually. I'm guilty of it, but trying to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Yes, I think it is going to be a lot more confusing
    If seeing a man in nondescript women's jeans is more confusing than scratching your head trying to figure out if you are looking at a man or a woman then we have reached an impasse.

I just want everyone to find their own happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasmann View Post
    All my winter boots are men's. All my running shoes are women's. I do like many women's boot styles, but have never felt like buying any. My gym clothes are an interesting mix, both styles and colors.
    I am the opposite. All but one of my running shoes are men's since women's running shoes don't fit quite right (granted most men's running shoes don't fit right either but usually can find a pair or two even if ugly that fit well). And I have one pair of men's tall rubber boots (for taking the dogs out in snow and rain) and the rest of my boots are women's booties and one pair of taller women's boots.

Hi Trisha, my daily wear is a maxi skirt matching shelf bra camisole with what I have no extra augmentation fleece tights and a long sleeve male shirt and walking shoes. No makeup natural hair. Totally not male or female. Reason being it?s comfortable. No has ever said much of anything. I go everywhere like that. Nobody seems to have the time to care. The women in town have been very accepting. Non binary for sure. Probably considered to be totally tacky by some of the girls. LOL

I say do what makes you happy. Only you know what that is, so go for it.

I present as Iowa farm wife. Chic elastic waist jeans, vanity fair panties, campshirt... tennis shoes.
    LOL

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    There are a million & one ways to do the whole blending thing of men's-with-women's-clothing & what-not.

So many variables, too... Your age, body-type, type of activity/outing, mood, weather, time of day/night/week, type of crowd, psychological comfort/confidence, etc.

And yes, it can be pulled off! When done right, of course.

But there is no one "right" way, per se. Can really run the full gamut, with all kinds of eye-pleasing combinations.

I've done it plenty of times in plenty of ways in plenty of places over the decades. And I'm sure many here can say the same.

Want to turn every head within a 100-foot radius? That can be done!

Want to totally fly under the radar? That's possible, too.

Want only some (namely, GG's) to notice? Hint: Shoes.

Of course, this is all in guy-mode. Whenever I do this, there's no mistaking that I want to be viewed & treated as a guy.

What *kind* of guy that may be, however, is in the eye of the beholder. I personally don't care all that much, honestly... People can think whatever they want, really. And yes, sometimes they *will* treat you differently because of it -- whether good, bad, or just... different.

However, if I want to be viewed/treated as a GG? Then yeah, I'm going to do whatever is possible, to try to make that happen. Luckily, that's not really my thing much, these days.

Anyway, this really shouldn't be a big deal. Do you. And try to occasionally step out of your comfort zone & experiment a bit.

In winter it's easy to be a fully cross dressed man. My "uniform" is a cableknit turtleneck sweater ( various colors), stretchy skinny jeans and Chelsea boots, all women's. I live in the suburbs so that's it for there. Actually it's a unisex look leaning to the femme. It's just that there aren't any other men, or women in the super market dressed similarly. If I go into Midtown and want to push androgyny I might add some mascara, lip gloss and small clip on hoops. Why do I do it? It's fun and I like the look.
    Last edited by JoannaCD; 01-31-2020 at 12:58 AM.

I wear women attire on a daily basis, panties all year round. However, I wear women's skinny jeans all the time (love the elastane) put on lip gloss, lipstick which looks similar to my lip color. I sometimes will shade my brows in but all in male mode. I also wear women's leggings for the gym, women's gym shorts, both men or women gym shoes, and shirts but again all in guy mode and not trying to pass or identify as a female. I also wear my Tieks (ballet flats) with jeans in guy mode. the only time I want to pass is when I am all dolled up with makeup and wig.

I often wear jean leggings when out and about, and I have flown wearing leggings. Never done lipstick, eye shadow, etc. But there is always a first time. At this point in my life my presentation is my business and if people don't like seeing my feminine side i'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by tmonsivais View Post
    I wear women attire on a daily basis, panties all year round. However, I wear women's skinny jeans all the time (love the elastane) put on lip gloss, lipstick which looks similar to my lip color. I sometimes will shade my brows in but all in male mode. I also wear women's leggings for the gym, women's gym shorts, both men or women gym shoes, and shirts but again all in guy mode and not trying to pass or identify as a female. I also wear my Tieks (ballet flats) with jeans in guy mode. the only time I want to pass is when I am all dolled up with makeup and wig.
    I wear my Tieks in guy mode all the time. In fact, there is a fairly large group of guys that wear Tieks in the Tieks Facebook group.
    https://balletflatsformen.wordpress.com/

hello Trysha,
    yes, I have realized I can dress 100% woman (usually in private) or 100% man (but don't do that often) or any combination in between. Most people cannot tell the different between a men's or women's tee-shirt for example...
    luv J

Silver Member
    I find it interesting that we are referred to as a man in a dress if we wear women's clothes even if not wearing a dress. I wear women's clothes 95% of the time. Most of it is jeans, blouses/tops, and women's shoes or booties. I also wear bras and panties. It doesn't take a lot of looking to see I'm dressed as a woman. All the women in our subdivision wear the same thing with few exceptions. I used to travel a lot and wore the same. No one ever said anything even when I wore a shear blouse that revealed my lace bra or camisole. I've had some interesting discussion with some of the women who liked my blouses.

Blend whatever makes you feel great. You are dressing for yourself, foremost, and not necessarily for others.

Reality Check
    I am either Homer or Krisi. There is no "Kromer". If you dress as a man, you will attract no attention. If you dress as a woman (and do it correctly), you will attract little or no attention. If you dress as something in between, you will look odd and attract a lot of attention.

You can dress however you want as long as certain parts are covered, there are no legal issues, but be aware that you will attract attention if you dress differently from those around you and be prepared to deal with that attention.
    Krisi

Yeah, I do this often. I wear women's jeans and booties with 3# heels, ear rings, bracelets, etc. It's a lot of fun! Most people don't even notice, but some women do and will give me a little smile. It's fun being over 6 foot tall with the heels!

Since I have to dress in secret I have not been out 'en femme' for over 30 years, but if I am working at home and have to pop out to the shops for something I will dress in my female underwear, bra, jeans and top with my male coat over the top.

Most people don't notice/care but there is a lovely frisson of excitement knowing you are completely dressed in public whilst still presenting as male (I have a beard!)

I will often take my coat off in the car, so I am sure some people might notice a thin ladies top with a bra underneath if sat next to me in a traffic jam

Often times I will wear a skirt and sometimes heals with a mans shirt and otherwise look male. This is my gender nonconforming portion. In reality I find mens shirts more comfortable and when going for strictly comfort I cant beat a skirt and mens shirt.

Banned Read only
    Yes you can combine the male and female dressing styles, because nowadays everyone can try the mix and match, DIY techniques in clothing industry also and result will definitely come awesome. You try denim female skirt with male white shirt with high heels and some accessories. You look amazing.

I have been working now in my office several years mixing both female and male clothes. 95% of the time I'm in a pencil skirt and 4" stiletto heels (occasionally 5"). I wear men's shirts, button down dress shirts or polos during the winter and summer. Only exception is when I wear women's sleeveless polos. I choose to wear men's underwear as I find panties just do not hold everything in place. I have found some very comfortable men's thong underwear I that prefer. When out in public like airports and such I do get a fair amount of attention, but a very little of it is negative. When I walk thru an airport or a train station, or even in a mall, I always do it with confidence. I don't show that I'm afraid of being ridiculed and/or whistled at. Showing weakness invites attacks. I also walk looking forward straight ahead almost forcing people to make eye contact. Typically the result is a small smile.

I also am the head coach for an American football team here in Germany. I don't wear skirts and heels there. Not practical. Although all my players (age under 19) and staff know what I wear most of the times when not at practice or games.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    What do you expect the cashier to call you?
    You are a male wearing a mix of male and female clothes right?
    I believe most people get confused when they see a man, dressed as a woman, that doesn't pass. Obviously a man, but the clothing says otherwise. He or she??

I wear all fem cloths from the waist down including shoes . I am just comfortable that way I work out 6 days a week I am pretty solid 6?1? 235 I don?t care what others think my wife is very supportive. Just be yourself and be happy

It is good to hear how many of you wear women's booties with heels in guy mode with no real issues. I have thought about wearing the same style of booties but never had as I figured the sound of the heels on a floor would make other's notice my booties.

Andy