Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: loosing you hiding for your STASH! Just venting!

loosing you hiding for your STASH! Just venting!

loosing your hiding "Place" for your STASH! Just venting!

Well I have over 300 dresses and other goodies in a cellar of an apartment house we own now the wife wants to sell it. ARRRRRRRRRR
    I guess its time to PURGE, I went through one box today and found it quite hard to get rid of most of my STUFF!
    I feel I need to get rid of 200 dresses but I'm finding it quite difficult.

How can I do this? Not happy!
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 01-12-2020 at 09:21 AM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Although I'm sorry, it's not a bad problem to have in the grand scheme of things.

You may have to invest in a storage unit for a while. I dunno. Good luck.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Wow, that is a lot of dresses. The storage unit option does sound like a good idea at least for the short term.

Sandi

Platinum Member
    So, now we know where Judy hides all those dresses and finds time to play. I'd try to convince her of the serious amount of income tax she'll have to pay if she sells the property. Tell her to wait until you die. Then the tax bite will be less. Good luck
    Last edited by char GG; 01-12-2020 at 10:31 AM. Reason: You have been here long enough to know the rules.

Well if I make an opinion it's not going to help you, I can't throw anything out, I have dresses from the 90s. Even though my wife buys me new stuff at times I just can't let anything go. I relate to a story of my grandparents who couldn't throw out food, they would eat leftovers for days and when asked they said because in the war days they were starving and could only have dreamed of food and that's why they just couldn't throw it out. I believe that's like me who could have never believed I would find an accepting wife and have all this fem stuff and now I don't want to take it for granted and throw it out. You have a hell of a challenge ahead of you. Good luck

Aspiring Member
    300 dresses? Wow!

I don't purge but I do regularly cull stuff I rarely wear. Last count, maybe 20 dresses, 5 skirts, three pairs of jeans, one pair of pants, one pair of shorts, plus some tops... +/-

Sounds as if it is time to call in reinforcements to help you out here...Marie Kondo, perhaps?

If you?re friends with anyone from here in real life, maybe that someone(s) could do you a solid until you come upon an alternative
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

I can't imagine where I would stash 300 dresses and related items. A few years ago I had a pair of high heels a couple bras and panties that I about stressed myself out trying to hide!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I probably have at least that amount of dresses and costumes, Judy. I have some here, there, and everywhere!

Altho that's a lot of dresses to move and store at once? They would probably fit easily into a small rental van. I'm sure if they mean that much to u? U could rent a short term storage unit until u gradually relocate the ones u really want to keep!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Judy,

Not wishing to pry but what does your SO want to do with the cash liberated from the sale?

Setting aside the dressing issue unless you have a plan for the monies gained, either as a sound non speculative investment, doing up your own home or perhaps even a holiday of a lifetime, as others have said taxes and other expenses will needlessly loose you money.

If you get an income by renting out the property then the lose of that income compounds what could be a big mistake. If on the other hand it's only regular use is as storage for your stash (and are you sure she hasn't found your stash), then I can see her logic for selling as there won't be any ongoing upkeep costs.

If selling is inevitable then a culling also seems inevitable. There will be dresses you haven't worn in years so that's a good starting point. I would suggest using if I were to go out, what situations would I wear this. Allow yourself so many "night out" dresses, a greater percentage shopping dresses and about the same casual wear.

The overall number will depend upon where you find to store them.

I don't envy you this task.

Judy, like others have said, storage unit. Also, why does your wife want to sell the building? Does she know your stash is there? Can't you just say you want to keep the building?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Judy does your wife know of your stash? how about bulding something suitable where you live now?
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Judy, so sorry to read that you will have to move your stash. I can tell from your posts how much those beautiful outfits in your pictures mean to you.
    Do not purge!!!!
    You will bitterly regret it later. Find a storage unit if at all possible.
    Best wishes for a practical solution.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

I am going to be the devil's advocate here and throw some thoughts out there. I believe you posted your wife said for you to stop dressing or else. Is it possible she knows that you haven't stopped? I think you know where I'm going here,big assets converted to cash is easier to divide up. I hope I'm wrong but just a thought.

Well today I PURGED 137 dresses. Attachment 309831
    It was tuff at first, I still have over 150 more to go through.

The one thing that's cool is I found a dress from forty years ago that I have a Polaroid of so I plan of doing a (now and then) if it still fits!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!

Aspiring Member
    Judy-Something - WOW...I would love to have my collection hanging and visible...I am sure I could purge some of my collection with dresses that I no longer fit in.....Each one of my dresses in my collection hold a memory..how I obtained it, where I wore it, etc... My congrats on being able to go through the process..

Oh, to be able to hang clothes and not fold them into a hidden large box.
    Closeted for 45 years, so please take any advice I might offer with a massive dose of reality.
    Julia xo

Reality Check
    300 dresses is almost one dress per day for an entire year. Women don't have that many dresses so regardless, I suggest getting rid of the majority of them. I have 20 dresses at most and that will last me a month before I have to wear one again. Even of those 20, there are ones I don't often wear and I really should get rid of them.

I think the real problem here is the fact that you're hiding your stuff. It's different for each of us and impossible for some, but if you can find a way to bring your wife on board, you can just hang your dresses in a closet in your own home and be done with it. It's a big relief when you stop hiding things from your wife.
    Krisi

Hi Judy, I am so envious of your storage room, it looks wonderful. I feel your pain, but mine are in the attic in numerous pieces of luggage, I would love to have that beautiful "Storage room". I have to agree with others, find a storage locker until you can replace your current storage room, it won't be easy. I do think that talking to your wife about keeping the apartment, it would be a shame to loose that room. Good luck, I feel for you.

Reading through the replies I got to thinking about how casual and boring I dress in drab. I have a half dozen pairs of jeans and the same number of pocket t's. A few flannels and some sweats and some dress clothes I wear on special occasions. My feminine wardrobe might never exceed that even if I dressed full time with tights, tops, sweaters and ladies athletic shoes likely being my every day wardrobe.

A collection of 300 dresses would be fun to go through but would be an expensive and unnecessary excess in fly over country. It would be a case of 300 dresses and nowhere to go but the feed mill and bait store.
    Last edited by Star01; 01-13-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Ignore the nay sayers! Life is too short; enjoy your clothing collection! Until every closet in the house is filled, you don't have enough clothes (so said one girlfriend of mine a long time ago, to her roommate). Besides, do you have a pair of shoes to go with every outfit? Time for more shopping! Don't get rid of anything unless it no longer fits; fashion goes around, and everything comes back in style eventually. Enjoy!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Judy, I am still trying to figure out how you manage to stash 300 dresses, in pretty much plain sight, or at least to anyone that would have access. I imagined them locked away in storage bins, then you post a picture of them all hanging up on clothes rods! Your wife never goes to the other building? If so I find it strange! I know my wife likes to be "involved", she is not a busy-body, but just busy. If we owned a rental property together she would want to go check it out once in a while.

Ah Judy no. I’ve been following your story for the past year so I know this place is your CD world and escape pod. The cull in itself might not be a bad thing as long as you find somewhere else and get back in business. It sucks though.

You don’t have to tell us what the plan for the building is, but if you don’t know why she’s selling or it sounds odd or inadvisable then I would wonder about liquidating assets as others have mentioned.

Well I purged 78 more dresses today which means 215 dresses gone, very sad
    I did find three dresses I never tried on and I kept at least 25 I felt were worth keeping
    I still two more boxes to go through.
    Does this mean I'm not a HORDER?