Thread: It was a good day :)

It was a good day :)

I've been unable to dress for a long time lately, pressures of work, then an illness that took me out for a month. I lost almost 30 pounds and have been struggling to regain my strength. 2 days ago however, my wife said she was off to Phoenix for the day, and to enjoy myself dressing while she was up there. Of course I did!

I'm not sure what has shifted, but I was quite forward about where I went this time. I usually try to not interact too much when out in public, but I had a whole different attitude this time. A couple of things happened that were good too.

I needed to use the restroom, so I stopped at a Target downtown where I knew there was a family restroom. I don't like to use the women's when busy, and it was busy out! I went to the family room, but it was locked up. I was about to leave when a sales associate came up and said "let me unlock that for you m'aam!" That was nice! And I spent quite some time in the store browsing with a lot of people around me. No worries.

Then I hit the sales in H&M, which was also busy, but again, no issues. People were very nice, with a lot of smiles at me Then I did something I have not yet done. I went to my local supermarket to get some groceries. Friday afternoon and it was very busy. I got what i needed, and then was waiting in line at the self checkout. It was taking time and I missed seeing one of the positions open up when it was my turn. Just as I saw it, a short man pushed past me to go to that position! I was not going to let that happen! I pushed right back in front of him with an emphatic "Excuse me!", and he shied off mumbling apologies. I think he was terrified by the tall woman he had pissed off! I knew a lot of the people in the place as I go there all the time, but no one had any idea it was moi underneath it all. I felt very comfortable and normal, and I have turned something of a corner.

This is what i was wearing out there...

Downtown stroll copy.jpg
    I can't wait til I get the chance to go out again
    Last edited by Lara A; 01-12-2020 at 08:33 AM.

You look great and it's always a good day for us when we read such positive stories like yours. Hope your health is improving.

Lara it sounds like it was a good day for you. Thanks for the great story.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Banned Read only
    Lara,
    As I live alone the supermarket is a regular on my must do list , it's never been a problem even when kids are out of school and pushing trollies in every direction .

I feel they are a good way of becoming use to being out in the RW , just be aware you do get the odd male attention , I've been trailed a couple of times by male shoppers .

I?m sure you had a great time! Funny how doing the ordinary things of life when dressed is such an achievement! Supermarket shopping,filling up the car, going to have the car washed etc all offer challenges. I think one of my biggest steps was being in a lift in a department store full of people and feeling confident. You look good and appropriately dressed. Wearing day clothes and toning down the makeup is my solution. My wife stopped me going out dressed like I was going to a wedding as she put it and that was excellent advice. Hope you get chance to go out dressed very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Lara,
    As I live alone the supermarket is a regular on my must do list , it's never been a problem even when kids are out of school and pushing trollies in every direction .

I feel they are a good way of becoming use to being out in the RW , just be aware you do get the odd male attention , I've been trailed a couple of times by male shoppers .
    Oh, I have had some unwanted male attention! I once had a super creepy guy follow me out of Barnes & Noble one evening, and after getting in my car, he was crouched down next to it trying to look in the back. Weird thing was, he had his teenage son with him too, who he put in his own car before coming back to mine. Very creepy. I even had one old guy follow me up and down the aisles this last time in Frys. Every time I looked round, he was there. I even tried to double back and shake him off a couple of times, but he kept coming back...

Reality Check
    Does Target routinely lock the "family" restroom?
    Krisi

Platinum Member
    If Target locks the family restroom it is probably due to problems with improper use of the facilities. My wife used the women's room in one of our local Target stores, and, found someone washing their hair in one of the sinks. She reported it to one of the sales associates (male) who asked if it was a man or a woman. My wife said she could not identify whether it was a man or woman as the person's head was in the sink. She thought it was odd for him to ask whether it was a man or woman, but, it may have had something to do with which manager would handle the situation. It is becoming increasingly common for the homeless to strip down and wash in public restrooms.

Lara, you look lovely in your avatar and the full body picture of you looks wonderful. I am also envious of you as your wife told you to express yourself while she was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Does Target routinely lock the "family" restroom?
    First time I saw that

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

On the subject of family restrooms, I will try and collate an exchange I had with Starbucks a couple of years ago. They changed one of their locations near me, moved it across the street, and in the process, changed the restrooms from non-gender specific to gender specific. I complained, and the ensuing to and from was truly astounding. It went on for many emails, and no one from the Starbucks side ever acknowledged what I was complaining about. It was as funny as hell! I was offered all kinds of perks, free coffees, cups, cards etc, but turned everything down just saying all I wanted was an explanation! Nothing. I don't go back there any more...

Funny how years ago I started to post about how I went grocery shopping to gain confidence in being out in the RW. Now it seems everyone is doing it instead of going to bars and clubs, hiding in the dark and under the cloak of night. Just a small trick I've developed for when a creep seems to be following you in the store, head for and stand in front of the feminine hygiene products as if you need them now, if he still persists following you head for a clerk and notify them, then be on alert when leaving the store.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Lara, Sounds like a wonderful day out. While not related to CDing, I hate when someone tries to cut in line.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".