Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sudden urge to dress.

Sudden urge to dress.

So i havent dressed much recently at all, havent felt like it, until i suddenly got the intense urge to dress right now, for no reason that i know of, but it must be done.
    Feels exciting.
    Time for a shave and the evening will now wizz by.
    Does anyone else feel like this?

Sometimes, but i have not gotten fully dolled for a few months now, and have two Ebay great dresses, which i have not even worn fully yet. Been tired, other pressing issues like dental, finances, the world situation, close call driving, where i should have been killed, etc.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not for a very long time, Kym!

I dress so often now, the "Urge to dress" doesn't stand a chance anymore!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have had that urge and luckily I can usually act on it, but nor always. I have also thought about dressing and the fog started to roll in and then for some reason I just didn't want to any longer. I stood there and looked at my boobs, butt and an assortment of dresses and clothing and just said no it just didn't feel right. What ever "right " is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Of course, feels so right

The urge to dress does ebb and flow. Lately it's been flowing like Class IV rapids.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Pretty common comment I hear on the forum.

Spend the whole day dressed, its mostly my routine alone and the freedom to do so.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I'm taking a day or two off. Dressing has been taking over my life!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Yes, even though I dress, to some degree, daily, it is amazing. The urge can occur out of nowhere and at any time. I?ve experienced both. It can range from mild to intense. Sometimes, even when dressed, I feel an urge to change clothes, wig, etc. My wife will ask why did I change. I just shrug my shoulders.

I go thru ebbs and tides as well, it will be months without dressing. sometimes I have an open window with nobody around and I still don't. but then it will come and I have no choice but to dress. who knows? lol

Kym, on crossdressers.com I am shocked that you would post you have the urge to dress. Shocked.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

There are different triggers for me. Sometimes it?s just the opportunity and once I start to get ready to go out the enthusiasm and confidence comes back. Seeing an attractive woman in real life or on TV etc is also an inspiration to dress. If I see a woman wearing heels and nice clothes it encourages me to dress. Going to a wedding or other event where women are dressed up also makes me want to dress. Other times I might read the fashion pages in the paper about a product or style and it is a trigger. I buy some of my clothes online and an email of the special offers is often a reason to check the fashions and make me want to buy and go out in a new outfit.

Absolutely Kym. I just go with the flow now. I love it and want to embrace it.

I really would love to dress all the time. Luckily I have an understanding wife and time. However the desire does go from mild to strong. Sometimes the thought of doing my makeup is enough for me to say "nah not today" so I just slip on a pair of my favorite denim leggings and go out. I think what you are felling is common to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by BTWimRobin View Post
    The urge to dress does ebb and flow. Lately it's been flowing like Class IV rapids.
    Mine too, but as a closeted dresser, it sometimes feels like the undertow has me in it's grip.
    Closeted for 45 years, so please take any advice I might offer with a massive dose of reality.
    Julia xo

Definitely. Lots of things can happen that seem to distract us for some period of time and expressing the identity is not a priority. And then it seems that something happens or the distractions are not so intense and any number of other things can cause the loss of most or all of the desire for awhile. Then, out of the blue and like getting hit by a meteorite it is back. Really difficult to explain or understand most of the time. Right now I am in the early stages of coming out of testosterone suppression during prostate cancer treatment. Changing hormones always change a person in all kinds of wild ways. As this will take several months to complete I am expecting a lot of inexplicable twists and turns including spontaneous moments when the pink fog is really dense. Will it happen? Time will tell.

Don't worry about it when it happens. Just roll with the change. It will all be back at some point. It is a part of who you are.

Lucky you for being able to dress whenever you want. I often have to plan well ahead for that day.

For personal reasons, I've resisted the last few days. But I got in tonight and just knew I needed to dress.

Trying to push it back for whatever reason just increases the urge and need. A lady friend years ago said whatever situation she was in, the urge to wear a skirt eventually got the better of her every so many days.

I guess being a crossdresser, it's the same.

Sue.
    Last edited by Mackem Sue; 02-22-2020 at 09:37 PM.

I've been having the urge more and more recently.

This has been an ongoing thing for me since my first CDing experience. Time's I don't have that burning need and then sometimes just out of the blue it hits me and nothing short of getting completely dressed will satisfy me. And that is after 49 almost 50 years of CDing. My advise is learn to enjoy it and use it to your advantage. You can with a little thought and patience. But you are certainly not the 1st to have this craving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Ressie, I'm with you dressing has all most taken over my life. It's not a sudden urge, it's a constant urge. I dress all most every day that my wife works and I don't. I am spending more and more on clothing, shoes, make up and the like. BUT god do I love dressing. Just the process of going full out is such a blast and when I see "her" before pictures, WOW I love it. I still do the things I need, and like, to do but dressing up seems to be #1.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

I can relate to the "sudden urge" to dress... I've purchased 8 pair of shoes and a few outfits in the past 3 weeks for not having anything for years.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Kym, on crossdressers.com I am shocked that you would post you have the urge to dress. Shocked.
    I realise it comes as a surprise on here

Yes, I have for gone for months at a time without dressing and all of sudden with no warning the urge to bring Amanda around is stronger than ever. I go and bring her around and it helps me to come back down to earth.
    Amanda